Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Tex and Fog have shrunk by 2cm in the last 12 months?
Tex has been listed as 192/3/4 at various points throughout his career. Imagine Fog is similar. The AFC website seems to measure players at various stages of drunkenness.

But take a look at your pinky finger, the difference between the top to the first knuckle is what you’re saying means Welsh can’t play like Tex.

If we don’t do that we are ****ing idiots.

I’d put him on the board as football director if he wanted to, that’s not full time or even on the board in other capacity but helping to consult.
If we don't get Balmey and a replacement for Hamish I will support the lions instead, a man can only take so much after all these years

Welcome back, do you want the highlights of what you’ve missed? Yes, ok here it is:

Waynus has been disagreeing with everyone who doesn’t rate Nicks, ie every other poster but won’t say what’s good about Nicks. Despite saying he deserved to be re-signed and is defending the club for doing it, he’s going to wait until the end of the year to pass an opinion on Nicks.

I shit you not.
Where did Sanders go?

Sounds like revisionism. Gone from backgrounding media about trigger being hit to unselectable. Whilst cracking it at being sub snd/or dropped. Now that a contract is unlikely, he’s not sure he wants one.

Surely he would have signed one if he wanted to go on, the AFC would have made an announcement as a feel good story after a big loss. I feel bad for him because he’s been poor and we are all giving him shit. when in reality, he knows he’s done and doesn’t want to go on. Once again the AFC is hurting his reputation by making the poor guy play

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely he would have signed one if he wanted to go on, the AFC would have made an announcement as a feel good story after a big loss. I feel bad for him because he’s been poor and we are all giving him shit. when in reality, he knows he’s done and doesn’t want to go on. Once again the AFC is hurting his reputation by making the poor guy play

Surely he could announce that he will be retiring at seasons end and that way come the last home game we can all celebrate him in his last game here and he can take in the crowd and be chaired off. Rather that than say nothing, miss whatever trigger they put in contract and he is let go at seasons end with no fanfare or crowd farewell.

He has been a very good player for the club for a very long time and its just this year father time has caught him.

I don’t think one is on the table though. If we’re not yet negotiating with Tex, there’s no way that we’re doing it with Smith. I also doubt that he doesn’t want to go on, his attitude to going made sub suggests he still believes he’s an important cog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the main problems with retiring Tex this year is the other things that have become abundantly clear up forward for us in recent times.

1) Gollant has no future as an AFL forward and will be delisted this offseason without playing another game.

2) Himmelberg is leaving and signing with GWS this offseason.

3) Burgess has no future as an AFL forward, and it’s unlikely that he ever plays another game.

4) Borlase has no future as an AFL forward. Now that Himmelberg is fit, it’s unlikely we ever see this tried again.

5) There’s no way we can play Strachan in any capacity, including as a fwd / ruck.

6) Cook is wasted as a deep forward, and projects more as a wingman who rotates forward, swapping with someone like Rachele.

If 1-2 of those things weren’t a thing, Walker could comfortably be moved along. They’re all a thing, so Tex will sign on for another year, until one of Toby Murray or Tyler Welsh are actually ready to play AFL football.

The only way that changes is if we sign an established forward in the trade period. Jack Lukosius is the only one that comes to mind, which would be a monumentally stupid thing to do considering the state of the midfield and the trade cost involved.
Gollant has such a strong athletic profile. Surely there is a spot in the ground where his strengths could be used to advantage.

I feel sorry for any forward that has tried to develop at Adelaide over the past 5 years. Last year being the highest scoring team was an outlier. This year and prior it has been a death sentence sitting in our forward line.

99.9% sure he's already at West Coast
So his missus now with the Melbourne Vixens after transferring to Victoria and her parents also shifting to Country Victoria isn't going to make any difference when she's on record as saying she looking forward to basing herself in Victoria going forward?

We've definitely got a leadership and experience vacuum

Supposedly we're trying to convince Smith to play on but he's not sure
I was thinking about this, and I reckon it's cos of the Tippett Sanctions.

Had we drafted 17 yr olds in 2013/2014, we would have had 4 more players in that 28-29 year old age range right about now. We have a real gap there currently.

It's been 11/12 years and still hurting us. FFS.

I dunno, maybe because he was All Australian last year. Can play.

Also, who's he taking a spot from? Gollant? Burgess? We have a list full of garbage and I need to read page after page of people wanting one of our very few elite players gone.

ffs
At this stage your absolutely correct, with no other options to take his spot if he can get his body right give him a final year, albeit as a support role for TT and Fog and Welsh

So his missus now with the Melbourne Vixens after transferring to Victoria and her parents also shifting to Country Victoria isn't going to make any difference when she's on record as saying she looking forward to basing herself in Victoria going forward?
I don't know how that will or won't be a deciding factor in his decision making.. either way I'm sure he won't be in Adelaide. Happy to be wrong about it though. I will still back in my secret sauce that little birdy is a connected little bugger 😊

I don't know how that will or won't be a deciding factor in his decision making.. either way I'm sure he won't be in Adelaide. Happy to be wrong about it though. I will still back in my secret sauce that little birdy is a connected little bugger 😊
I'd be very surprised if it's not a deciding factor...
I agree I don't see Adelaide as a likely destination however, surely his missus will have some say in the end.
Article is only from a month or two ago.

I'm sure he knows he's close to done, but he also sees how the side is doing and wants to help in whatever way he can.

Footballers are proud. I'm sure he still wants to contribute and feels he has something to offer.

I'm sure he knows he's close to done, but he also sees how the side is doing and wants to help in whatever way he can.

Footballers are proud. I'm sure he still wants to contribute and feels he has something to offer.
Put his hand up to captain the SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back