Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I drunk? We've been reported as doing that with EVERY available mid.
Must be, because he’s suggesting to make one available with money.
Anyone can be available at a price, we (from reports) are only offering to mids that are available.

I work with a relative of Josh Battle. Was telling me the other day that he wants to go to Hawthorn. Apparently he was a Hawks supporter growing up, had hoped to be drafted by them.
Decent player but surely we drafted Curtin to play that role?

I work with a relative of Josh Battle. Was telling me the other day that he wants to go to Hawthorn. Apparently he was a Hawks supporter growing up, had hoped to be drafted by them.
Good for him, did some hard yards to get where he is now. Gets to play years of likely finals with his boyhood club.

I would hope that we would only be looking to bring Luko in this year if Suns are looking to offload him for for salary cap relief and we get him for cheap. But I'm thinking that is unlikely as he seems like a required player there.
I don't think it will be "cheap".

But they don't need picks for this year, so a future 1st seems more likely.

Yeah, but it's still sitting here at the top of a thread started 48 hours ago, so I assume we're still into him in the absence of any reports that our interest has cooled. It's a sad state of affairs that we may be relying on North outbidding us in order to save us from ourselves.

Or maybe we've shown no interest at all and it's just his agent driving up prices. Or maybe we know our midfield is shithouse and we're trying to fix it with every means available.

It's not like anyone we draft next year will immediately impact. We need to improve the midfield immediately, plus we need long term top shelf talent.

Last edited:
Awkward height for an AFL forward prospect. If he was 196cm he’d be top 15 on this list.

He’ll end up anywhere in the pick 12-35 range when it’s all said and done. Have a great carnival and grow a few cm before the combine and it’ll be more like 12. Have a poor carnival and still measure around 192cm at the combine and it’ll be more like 35.
Happy to take a forward at any size who has a long term record of kicking lots of goals

Who would have thought not drafting a midfielder for 6 years running would cause us issues.

Any chance we can have another crack at Oliver at a cheaper cost given Melbourne might be starting to replenish their list?

Last year the stars could have aligned for Crows to get Oliver, Melbourne Reid with pick 1, and West Coast Curtin with a bunch of other picks to kickstart their rebuild.

Not sure who said no but West Coast wouldn’t be trading Reid now.

Who would have thought not drafting a midfielder for 6 years running would cause us issues.

Any chance we can have another crack at Oliver at a cheaper cost given Melbourne might be starting to replenish their list?

Last year the stars could have aligned for Crows to get Oliver, Melbourne Reid with pick 1, and West Coast Curtin with a bunch of other picks to kickstart their rebuild.

You mean not drafting a midfielder with our 1st round pick, as we have drafted mids - Dowling, Soligo, Taylor in that time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where would we even play Josh Battle? Would be a bizarre pickup for our list
Well we could play him as high half forward which was the role that got him drafted i.e. the connector role Tom Lynch style, has the tank to match that role too, tested amazingly well at the Combine for endurance. Drafted as a tall forward but was always going to be a 3rd tall IMO.

Edit : btw I'm not suggesting we should be targeting Battle.

Maybe we should do a Josh Battle with Lachie Gollant to see what he's got down back?

We have drafted plenty of midfielders, I just made a post in the thread comparing our drafting to Sydney. We have gone with the scattergun approach of bringing in as many mids as we can, but just not in pointy end of the draft.

The flow on to this is we have ignored other areas of the ground and now terrible depth in other have glaring holes everywhere. We also are forced to play players out of position as we cannot fit all of the mids we have drafted into the midfield. You end up with guys like Dowling, Berry and Pedlar playing forward.

Yeah, but it's still sitting here at the top of a thread started 48 hours ago, so I assume we're still into him in the absence of any reports that our interest has cooled. It's a sad state of affairs that we may be relying on North outbidding us in order to save us from ourselves.
Collingwood also linked to him now too

We can talk all we want about trading for Luko, but you also gotta consider if he wants to play for us, which most rumours indicate he has no interest in doing.
Rankine was saying the same things too until August of that year, but he was OOC. Luko is gettable for the right price, that is the best info I've got on him.

Rankine was saying the same things too until August of that year, but he was OOC. Luko is gettable for the right price, that is the best info I've got on him.
He may be "gettable" from the Suns perspective, the info I was told was that is not currently the perspective from his camp and that was largely because of people still involved with our list management team.

That can change, but it'll take some work and may not be possible with Reid/Roo leading the way.

My intel/rumours so far:

Our targets: Moyle, Luko, Leek Alir, Josh Battle, Perryman.
The Pear heavily into our old mate Tyson Stengle, Perryman and Shai Bolton. Port confident of a ‘coup’ signing. Butters will return to Victoria at some point.

That’s all I got for now.
Why would Port go for Stengle when they have Rioli. I don't mind the impact Rioli has had at Port. Think he's probably their most dangerous forward.

He may be "gettable" from the Suns perspective, the info I was told was that is not currently the perspective from his camp and that was largely because of people still involved with our list management team.

That can change, but it'll take some work and may not be possible with Reid/Roo leading the way.
I don't think players care about this type of stuff as much as supporters do. Why on earth would Luko give two shits about Reid or Roo? I could barely name the equivalent at any other club.

I just know that he is gettable with a big money offer and the Suns would never be able to match it given the talent on their list.

Besides Willie, they are clearly short on small forwards. Feels like astute list management to me
They drafted 2 last year Tom Anastopoulos and Lachie Charleson though, surely one of them makes the big time. Both were amongst the best small forwards in the Coates Talent League and at the Nationals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back