Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be shocked if we delsited Gollant. 22 year old kpf who has shown glimpses at SANFL level and finding it hard to get a real run behind Tex and Fog. If we are to be contending we'll need someone like him in 4+ years time who can play a role if required (if not more)
I thought that I was on my own with Gollant.

No, he isn’t a backup ruck / forward but his form in the SANFL has been good over the last two years. I would definitely give him another two year contract.

we seem to have lots of possible outs this year

sloane
parnell
mc H
Berg to GWS and/or Burgess if not contracted
Gollant would be lucky to survive
Smith doesnt deserve to go around again
Berry rumours to Saints
Hamill rumour to MLB club
ROB rumour
Probably missed someone here but Sholl (and Bond has saved himself seemingly)

Add the Tex and we are going to find it bloody hard filling so many positions. Clearly the big difference between Tex and SLoane / Smith is that Tex had his best ever year just last year. He hasnt been declining year after year. A fit Tex makes our side better and we probably cant say the same with Smith or Sloane when he was still an active playing member. And personally when you see Tex coaching onfield I think there is value in that but understand its a secondary (and distant) consideration to actuallay performing

Exactly, and if all those movements occur and we’re staring at vacant list spots and there no project players worth using them on, then Tex can be offered an extension. At his age he needed to have a good year with his body holding up. Hasn’t happened to this point, so he ends up at the mercy of waiting for other list management activities to conclude.

The other concern is the idea of him tutoring Welsh within games. This would mean that Tex remains the leader in the forward line, which means maximum ball directed to him. And playing Tex, Fog, TT and Welsh would make our forward line a rebounder’s wet dream.

I am personally outraged that we have given a contract to Tex for 2026.

I think we should all contact the club and express our discontent. What a bunch of incompetent fools!

Who said that, only 1 poster mentioned he reckons 2026 will be his final year. And there wasn’t a hint of outrage. You should spend a little more time reading before bashing away at your keyboard.

I thought that I was on my own with Gollant.

No, he isn’t a backup ruck / forward but his form in the SANFL has been good over the last two years. I would definitely give him another two year contract.
I'd really like to see how he would go in defence at SANFL level, then if successful he'd have another string to his bow as an AFL swingman? Given his age Burgess unless we gave him 2 years when we took him would go before Lachie surely?

Would be elite but doubt they take this and doubt Draper is still available.

I’ll cry if we miss Draper and I don’t wanna get my hopes up with Oliver again. He clearly doesn’t want to be at Melbourne and I’m sure under Burgess it will be a different story.

Would love to offer next years first pick for Oliver and still get Draper.

Where is the links to Cumming coming to us? I’ve just joined this chat, would love any insight into that, I rate him highly.
The link to Cummings, see above - from Gettable. I think he is connected to SA somehow, did he go to school here? He is from Broken Hill so knows Tex I think.

Edit: just looked it up and he was at North Adelaide at some stage.

Last edited:
all good. i will start boring the shit out of you with overly repetitive posts and see what you think.

how good were the Rankine and Dawson trades (I will be asking same question 30+ times in the next week)
you can loosely translate this comment to…

“Whaaaaa… i’m gonna throw my bum in the corner and sook.. then come back and make a pest of myself..”

Seriously.. I dont know why some people bother spending their time on here if what other people write gets them so worked up. They do realise its a public opinion based forum right?..

The link to Cummings, see above - from Gettable. I think he is connected to SA somehow, did he go to school here? He is from Broken Hill so knows Tex I think.

Don't know much about him.70 odd games in 8 years at GWS. :think: I suppose he was in Gooch's draft, and he is still playing. Thats a plus. Also UF/A.

Broken hill lad that grew up with Tex Walker as his hero..

Now has a good connection with Tex through footy and still rates him..

Wouldnt think a massive Tex Walker fan growing up would have done much cheering for port power.. so the crows would have a sentimental edge in the contest for his signature…

You’d think the crows would also have more money in the kitty given how many absolute spuds the power have over paid for in recent years..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or are people jumping on the fictional band wagon

I dont think its fictional. Too much smoke. Melbourne are merely not wanting the footy world to think he can walk out without adequate compensation.

For example
Melbourne have probably indicated to his manager they are open to trade for the right price (hence the smoke), it got leaked to the media. Melbourne are merely posturing to keep fans happy and signalling to clubs like Adelaide that he will not be a cheap fire sale.

But its a 100% certainty that Melbourne have postured twice to trade him, including last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back