Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was Jack and he has gone up there to burn pick 4 on him...It just shows the supporter base they are not a serious club and whilst I would like Lukosius, there is nothing that would make me want us to part with pick 4 UNLESS its a bonafide A grade mid with years left to play.

If it was Jack and he has gone up there to burn pick 4 on him...It just shows the supporter base they are not a serious club and whilst I would like Lukosius, there is nothing that would make me want us to part with pick 4 UNLESS its a bonafide A grade mid with years left to play.
Future 1st?

Unless staying overnight seems strange timing if flight (and FB post) was after 8am today. Interested to hear what further gossip this dude has

Only 2 flights daily (one from each airline is standard) from ADL-GC on Tuesday (based on next weeks schedule and most days out of holiday season schedule) leaving 8am and midday (arrives 245pm)

Return flights leaving midday and 330pm. So clearly if getting midday flight with Virgin he can’t get back until tomorrow

And if true, disregard our new secret spy Scorpus Alias account whispers - Nicks lives into 2025

Nicks gone to visit Luko, 50% chance he won't be at Gold Coast Next season New
but we would have been up and momentum was with us and they would have had less than 1 minute to beat us - we would have been in front which entirely changes the game
Ball would have gone straight to the middle of the ground if it was a goal.

I would back the Swans midfield with the 666 rule, to score another goal in that time.

Believing we would have made the 8 off the back of Keays non goal is part of the reason Nicks got an extension.

Even if the Keays goal was allowed, all it meant is that we would be leading the Swans with about a minute to go.

No guarantee we would have won.
Ok let’s not go there again but cmon….watch the last quarter and goalless Swans hardly had the ball in their forward 50

Actually disregard the above - you are right and not worthy of further regurgitation

Future 1st?
Maybe. But we need to get 1 elite projecting mid at least and preferably another top ended player in this draft.

I would rather trade Berry if the rumors of Collingwood being into him are true for a 2nd hopefully, the look to try and bundle up that, the Melbourne pick and maybe a F2 to get back into the better end of this draft with a team that needs points for that extra quality mid or maybe a Dodson who looks very promising. Then if we used our F1 for Jack, so be it.

No way we give up 4 for Luko. Absolutely no way

Ball would have gone straight to the middle of the ground if it was a goal.

I would back the Swans midfield with the 666 rule, to score another goal in that time.

Believing we would have made the 8 off the back of Keays non goal is part of the reason Nicks got an extension.
After we had reeled in a 40+ point deficit from them???. they had 7 gaols worth of centre bounces to pull that one and hadn't in the back end of that game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you are right, I really do

Although, could we wangle GC's picks 6 & 10 for our 4 and the melb 2nd and give them back 10 for Jack and take 6 to the draft to get a top end mid????
Would love that but not sure GC does but it’s actually not far off…..

Edit - really good suggestion and GC probably would take it as gets a guaranteed pick before Lombard and 10 for Luko is probably overs. So likely WE wouldn’t do it esp if also giving uo Dees mid 20s pick haha

I probably have no idea is the reality but PS5 trading is such fun come this time of year with another barren September upcoming

Last edited:
I hope you are right, I really do

Although, could we wangle GC's picks 6 & 10 for our 4 and the melb 2nd and give them back 10 for Jack and take 6 to the draft to get a top end mid????
I think what you're actually proposing is 6 and Luko for 4 and 29?

Look, that seems pretty fair. You'd have to consider it.

Not sure I'd like that. Picking at 6 or later looking for top ene mids is why we are in this mess.
Unfortunately it’s exactly the sort of thing we are likely to do:
1. Glorious homecoming of South Australian ‘star’, he was pick 2 remember?!
2. We said we’d go hard at the trade table, look at us, we did it!
3. We’re a destination club, on the up!
4. Let’s talk about something other than how bad we’ve been for years, and how bad our coaches are, and our terrible decision to extend Nicks.
5. Hope for the future! Buy your membership for next year!

Not sure I'd like that. Picking at 6 or later looking for top ene mids is why we are in this mess.
Not this draft...it's chockers with excellent midfield prospects...Bo Allan for example likely goes at 6 onwards, he's an absolute athletic big bodied brute of a lad that takes no prisoners. Patrick Cripps with wheels.

I think what you're actually proposing is 6 and Luko for 4 and 29?

Look, that seems pretty fair. You'd have to consider it.
I’d do that, I’m not a huge Luko guy but I can see him being a productive 3rd tall next to our two young KPFs

Could still probably get a Lindsay/Travaglia/Bo Allan at 7, too

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back