Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think what you're actually proposing is 6 and Luko for 4 and 29?

Look, that seems pretty fair. You'd have to consider it.
It's a fair deal for us...but a great deal for GC. They get to move up the draft and get a salary dump benefit from a player who is probably surplus to their future needs.

I think we should preserve #4 and try catch a bigger fish.

And remember, pick 6 will be behind St Kilda.

Sorry my mistake, thought your post meant Burgo not Nicks but if both going up that’s interesting…..any injured quality GC player than we could tempt with Burgess expertise?
I thought clubs can't approach player officially during the season.
A visit from a senior coach and fitness manager seems to breach this....unless they're all just playing golf :think:

(I did witness this exact scenario many years ago in Geelong when the coach (blight), captain (Budda) and recruitment manager (S. Wells) played a game of golf with a high profile oppo player. It didn't work, player went elsewhere.) I can't remember if it was in season though.

Draper aint sliding to 6 ... We'll be lucky if he's available at 4 imho
This might be right.

But if we get Luko home, following on from Izak, JHF and Dawson, we have clear evidence that SA recruits will be trade targets. In an even draft, I think that might help dissuade a nervous recruiter somewhat.

Trading a top 5 pick in a stacked midfield draft for a soft, inconsistent tall utility with no clear position is just... that's classic Crows
To be fair, no one has suggested that we trade pick 5 for Luko, except folks fear mongering.

I think a pick swap has been about the extent of what folks have suggested.

Yes but apparently at LEAST 7-8 quality mids this year from my (limited) understanding ie we still score one
Also - GCS moving up a couple of spots to get ahead of a Lombard pick aren't taking a mid.

Lombard is a mid they're already getting, and they're already chockers at the position. They'd take Trainor or Trevaglia or even reach for a key forward.

Also - GCS moving up a couple of spots to get ahead of a Lombard pick aren't taking a mid.

Lombard is a mid they're already getting, and they're already chockers at the position. They'd take Trainor or Trevaglia or even reach for a key forward.
King/Walter are already in their possession, I can’t see them taking a key forward (maybe if they lose Luko, I guess?). Trainor very similar to Mac Andrew. Travaglia definitely a possibility for them, though

Pick 4 is way to much for Luko. I'd rate him around a late 1st. Our 2nd will be early so that plus a sweetener and then us taking on his contract should be enough.

I'm just worried that the Club has apparently made it clear that our first is on the table and we are looking to bring in established players. This may mean they get desperate and decide to use pick 4... really hoping not as that pick should be quarantined for a gun mid at the draft.

Someone needs to prove to me this "our club has made it clear our first is on the table" thing.

All I've heard are standard "we're looking at every option to improve our club" statements, which are deliberately vague.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we help “incentivise” them by showing a sudden interest and interviewing Lombard multiple times..

King/Walter are already in their possession, I can’t see them taking a key forward (maybe if they lose Luko, I guess?). Trainor very similar to Mac Andrew. Travaglia definitely a possibility for them, though
I think Trainor would be the ideal target, or they look to a player that can impact at multiple positions, like a Trevaglia or Smillie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back