Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be ok with the melbourne 2nd and an f2 if we had to. Quarantining our pick 4 is key
Why are you throwing in the F2? Melbourne's 2nd is the absolute upper limit of what I would be prepared to pay, and even then I'm asking myself if he's worth the price.

Don't forget that this is a salary dump for GC, which should drive the price down even further.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lukosious is a 'nice to have' but not a desperate 'need'.

We need skilfull quick midfielders as a priority alongwith an elite lightning quick skillful pressure small forward plus a skillfull quick half back.

That's a just a start, then we need a developing athletic ruckman.
Only problem we likely only have the one pick in the range that lands your wants in the best midfielders or half backs.

However we certainly have the picks that should almost guarantee your wants in the small forward category outside of Berry and Kako. A couple of the pretty decent prospects could even last to later/rookie perhaps.

A personal favourite is Rhys Unwin who has all the attributes you describe, currently flown under the radar having missed a major part of the season with a pesky ankle issue only resuming the week before the Nationals so only got a run in the last game for VC on managed minutes. He's been high in the Rebels bests post the Nationals playing a mix of forward/midfield.

Others like WA's Cody Angove, VC's Jasper Alger, SA's Evan Bradley and Benny Barrett would all be worth a look as well.

If we're chasing anything from the Suns, it should be some of those early picks they will be looking to trade away (which would otherwise get swallowed up by matching a bid).

They will no doubt get a ton of offers for pick 6 but 11 and 20 should be gettable.

I'd rather avoid picking up any more of their unwanted 28 year old depth players if we can help it though.

Someone needs to prove to me this "our club has made it clear our first is on the table" thing.

All I've heard are standard "we're looking at every option to improve our club" statements, which are deliberately vague.
If our club was serious about this, we wouldn't have given Nicks an extension at the beginning of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you throwing in the F2? Melbourne's 2nd is the absolute upper limit of what I would be prepared to pay, and even then I'm asking myself if he's worth the price.

Don't forget that this is a salary dump for GC, which should drive the price down even further.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shouldn't GC be adding their first round pick?
Or is that just for Geelong?

Why is it that Gold Coast want fair deals with everyone, except Geelong, where they happily take 3 consecutive reamings in trades?

Lukosious is a 'nice to have' but not a desperate 'need'.

We need skilfull quick midfielders as a priority alongwith an elite lightning quick skillful pressure small forward plus a skillfull quick half back.

That's a just a start, then we need a developing athletic ruckman.
This is peak Crows logic right here.

We desperately need to bat deep in the midfield and need quality mids and instead we go for HFF.

You do realize we have a team that regularly plays Chayce Jones & Lachlan Murphy right?!?!
Which might be relevant if there was any chance of him taking their positions in the team... but he plays a completely different role to both.

Whose position do you see him taking in our team, and is he an upgrade on that player?

Nick Haynes finally gettable … you know you want him

Which might be relevant if there was any chance of him taking their positions in the team... but he plays a completely different role to both.

Whose position do you see him taking in our team, and is he an upgrade on that player?

You can shuffle the deck to remove Jones / Murphy.

Based on our 22 on the weekend - he would immediately get a game ahead of Berry, Nankervis, Dowling, Bond, Murphy and Taylor, Laird, Keane. Without even thinking.

Would be in the same grouping for mine as FOG, Sholl, Hinge, Woz, Crouch...

Personally - I think you use him as 3rd Tall forward a la Tom Lynch. He has a tank, great kick. Kicked 39 goals in pretty average team last year.

Players also have a real history of turning out pretty damn good once they leave Gold Coast (see: Rankine).

The real question is do you honestly believe that we couldn't find room in our best 22 for Luko?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back