Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lukosious is a 'nice to have' but not a desperate 'need'.

We need skilfull quick midfielders as a priority alongwith an elite lightning quick skillful pressure small forward plus a skillfull quick half back.

That's a just a start, then we need a developing athletic ruckman.
💯 but if he wants to come to us and we aren’t doing super dumb trading to distract everyone from our season then bring him in.

If it is a salary dump and we only cough up a second then I’m not stressed

Congratulations on quoting the least important part of the post.

Well that was the only part that answered my question. I asked a question because I wanted to hear your answer.

Plus the part I left out was complete rubbish:

Would he improve our chance of winning finals?
Probably not - he's a soft downhill skier, the type of player which typically goes to water under the pressure of finals football.

Should we get him?
Only if the price is right (i.e. late 2nd round pick at best), because we have more pressing needs for using our draft resources.

So you would happily give up a 2nd rounder for a player who you think is going to go to water under the pressure of finals football? Why on earth would you want to give up resources for a player that does that.

But then again - if memory serves me correctly you said no team would ever want big bad Billy Frampton because he was so terrible (has played 32 of 43 games including all finals for the current premiers).

Someone needs to prove to me this "our club has made it clear our first is on the table" thing.

All I've heard are standard "we're looking at every option to improve our club" statements, which are deliberately vague.
It was mentioned on SEN a few weeks ago when the Oliver trade scenario came up again.

I can't prove the club said anything, thats why I said 'apparently'.

But the club has said they will be active again this trade period, Tim Silvers has said this publicly. So they are obviously looking to bring in some more experience. Which is why I am worried we will offer overs to the Suns for Luko so we can show that we did something at trade time.

So you would happily give up a 2nd rounder for a player who you think is going to go to water under the pressure of finals football? Why on earth would you want to give up resources for a player that does that.
No, I wouldn't be happy about giving up a 2nd rounder for him. However, if the club is set on getting him, then that's the highest price I could accept seeing them pay.
But then again - if memory serves me correctly you said no team would ever want big bad Billy Frampton because he was so terrible (has played 32 of 43 games including all finals for the current premiers).
.. and he's been just as terrible for the Pies as he has for us. It's a condemnation of their list management that they don't have any better alternatives than him.

Would he be in our best 22?
Yes

Would he improve our chance of winning finals?
Probably not - he's a soft downhill skier, the type of player which typically goes to water under the pressure of finals football.

Should we get him?
Only if the price is right (i.e. late 2nd round pick at best), because we have more pressing needs for using our draft resources.

Is that a better answer for you?
Soft downhill skiers don't kick as many goals as he did last year in such a shit team. Remember what people thought about Fog at the same age? Izak was considered a downwards skier too before he came over.

Think about it. Tex either leaves this year or barely plays half a season next year. Who's the third key forward for us right now? Gollant and Burgess ain't it, Himmelberg is likely leaving and not even that good anyway, Welsh and Murray will take time. A decent experienced key forward is more of a need than people think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if luko came does that mean Tex is done? How we fitting them all in?
I actually think Lukosius is a Tom Lynch connector style footballer that can also hit the scoreboard. I'd be playing him off a wing if he came and use his kicking to the forwards as a real weapon. He has a tank and can get up and down the ground. For a 2nd rounder, I would do the deal in a heartbeat personally

Would we be happy with an offseason like this?

Pick 4. Mid.
Keane and Berry to Pies. Pick(s) to Melbourne for Oliver.
Future first to GC for Lukosius.
Cumming FA.
IF Oliver had his head right for the move, that scenario would be unreal for us - 2 top end mids (1 for now in Oliver and the mid term and the other ie Draper etc for the mid and long term) and 2 quality mature players in

I actually think Lukosius is a Tom Lynch connector style footballer that can also hit the scoreboard. I'd be playing him off a wing if he came and use his kicking to the forwards as a real weapon. He has a tank and can get up and down the ground. For a 2nd rounder, I would do the deal in a heartbeat personally
He would have to, If tex was not getting a contract we would know about it this week before the last home game I assume. In that case I can't see Luko being anywhere in our forward line with TEX, FOG & RT

List Management:
We've just traded in a talented forward who can get up the ground and really connect the midfield to the forwards.

Coaches:
That sounds great. He will be a good support for the work Murphy does. How tall is he?

List Management:
195 cm.

Coaches:
Oh right, sorry. I must have misunderstood. So you have traded in a key forward. Cool. We will stick him next to goal and let him wrestle the big boys. Oh wait, we also have Thilthorpe in that role, so..., I guess we have a new key forward for the SANFL. Great job guys.

List Management:
We've just traded in a talented forward who can get up the ground and really connect the midfield to the forwards.

Coaches:
That sounds great. He will be a good support for the work Murphy does. How tall is he?

List Management:
195 cm.

Coaches:
Oh right, sorry. I must have misunderstood. So you have traded in a key forward. Cool. We will stick him next to goal and let him wrestle the big boys. Oh wait, we also have Thilthorpe in that role, so..., I guess we have a new key forward for the SANFL. Great job guys.
Yes, thats probably true, we should be looking at it in the prism of 'as long as it does not impact Murphy's role in the side'...I know, Jack could play full back couldn't he!!!!!

A first round pick should never be in the discussion for Jack ‘soft’ Lukosious. That sits somewhere between negligent list management and just plain stupid.
Sound like he is being pushed out by Hardwick so why would you offer a 1st rounder even if he is still contracted and why would you? His performance isn't even near the level Rankine produced in the 2nd half when he left GCS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back