Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 158 82.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it depends on the clubs priority. The priority is midfield talent. The club has not really attacked this position in drafting and trading for a long time. It shows. The club has no choice now but to throw everything we have at luring a mid. Drafting i think is too far removed from our current needs as they will take a few years to hit the level we want.

So Luko not being a priority im not sure how to get him.

It appears we have thrown everything at trying to attract a high profile mid - Day, Oliver and Gulden are good examples of that

We just haven’t been able to drag one away - and so desperately need to draft an “early bloomer” this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given some of the utterly bizarre trading GC have done in last few years, a future 2nd round pick for Luko would probably seem the most sensible and rationale thing they have done in comparison.

I'd look at Luko if no first round picks are involved.
Ah yes, the Jack Bowes salary dump trade. Future 3rd rounder it is.

Being dropped as an established player is more damning than being dropped in your early days

Takes away a lot of bargaining power for the Suns

dropping a player for the first time who is a high draft pick and still under contract does nothing to diminish the Suns power in a trade

they still hold all the cards, we will need to cough up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

dropping a player for the first time who is a high draft pick and still under contract does nothing to diminish the Suns power in a trade

Only way we won't pay fair value is if they want him off their books salary wise to bring in someone like the rumoured Daniel Rioli....and it still won't be bargain basement.

If he’s getting dropped he ain’t costing pick 4 (especially if he’s on good money)

Two seconds, max

surely your not serious ?

Luko doesn’t get done without a fist round in the mix, it might be a future 1st but there will need to be a first round in the mix

he’s under contract and everyone on the industry still knows he is high end talent

It absolutely takes away the ‘required player’ narrative. They’re paying a guy 600 or 700k to play in the VFL, not sure that’s something that either they want, or they can showcase to other clubs

If they ask for premium value, pretty easy to walk away

Oh yeah and I forgot, they want Rioli and his contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is every chance we get as good a mid with pick 6 as pick 4 (based on how we pick) as long as we pick in the top 7 we should be sweet
Would love to get Dobson as well but suspect he has climbed beyond us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
D

surely your not serious ?

Luko doesn’t get done without a fist round in the mix, it might be a future 1st but there will need to be a first round in the mix

he’s under contract and everyone on the industry still knows he is high end talent

Huge difference between any old first rounder and pick 4. A bloke that’s been in the system 6 years and is still getting dropped in not worth more than a late first at absolute most.

I tend to agree but I think it will be a future first with a whole lot of other pick swaps.

I don't think the Suns will want another pick this year and we won't give up pick 4.

Its possible that a combination of Keane, Berry and some other lower pick swaps could land a future 1st in some form so it could even be that pick.
On tbe contrary with lombard possibly at the pointy end, i would expect them to demand pick 4 with maybe pick 10 coming back. No way we should even entertain it, but put ourselves in GC'S. Position, a player with some currency that the club after him has coveted for years and a mid 1st for pick 4 we would be saying thats fair.

Again our footy dept just need to tell GC that its entirely off the table. A f1 with some swaps in our favor is the more palatable or using 2nd rounders

Why lose Luko just to bring in Rioli? Seems a downgrade and not a big enough cash differential. Unless we give up a first rounder... gah it's hapenning isn't it

On tbe contrary with lombard possibly at the pointy end, i would expect them to demand pick 4 with maybe pick 10 coming back. No way we should even entertain it, but put ourselves in GC'S. Position, a player with some currency that the club after him has coveted for years and a mid 1st for pick 4 we would be saying thats fair.

Again our footy dept just need to tell GC that its entirely off the table. A f1 with some swaps in our favor is the more palatable or using 2nd rounders
Reckon suns are better off targeting North’s pick 2 there’s a chance too big Lombardi is bidded on before 4 to worth risking IMO. Would also make sense for North to trade down and grab Trainor.

Huge difference between any old first rounder and pick 4. A bloke that’s been in the system 6 years and is still getting dropped in not worth more than a late first at absolute most.
Settle down this is the 1st time he's been dropped isnt it?

Luko will flourish here, exactly the same as Izak & Dawson before him.
I think that there are similarities between Luko and Matt Robran. Both talented but hadn’t set the world on fire. Good skills and booming kicks, but similar ? Regarding competitiveness.
Matt worked out pretty well for us, and I think Luko can too, the concern is what we give up in trade. They might want him off the books, but he’s contracted. It will be interesting.
We don’t want another Gibbs situation where we stump up too much. If needs be, leave him there for another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back