Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 158 82.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I highly doubt Houston is getting Port pick 7 in a draft where Melbourne need to replace two elite mids. Houston is a HBF who isn't the difference between them hovering around the eight and winning a flag. List management isn't going to trade such a valuable pick for a HBF when they need to replenish the midfield...I mean they aren't us.

Anyone starting with an M

McHenry, Murphy, Mackay, McCasey, Massie, Moran, McPherson, Meeson, Menzel, McKernan... the list goes on (not Modra)
Not McLeod either!

dropping a player for the first time who is a high draft pick and still under contract does nothing to diminish the Suns power in a trade

they still hold all the cards, we will need to cough up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What a weird thing to say.

They're tanking his value, and telling him clearly that they don't think he has a future at the club.

His management will say he's done, and they will be selling him at the bottom.

Good on them, I guess.

On tbe contrary with lombard possibly at the pointy end, i would expect them to demand pick 4 with maybe pick 10 coming back. No way we should even entertain it, but put ourselves in GC'S. Position, a player with some currency that the club after him has coveted for years and a mid 1st for pick 4 we would be saying thats fair.

Again our footy dept just need to tell GC that its entirely off the table. A f1 with some swaps in our favor is the more palatable or using 2nd rounders
They're saying he's not best 22.

They're telling him that they don't value him.

It's a pretty big statement to make at the end of the year. Fair enough to want him gone, but why tank his value and tell the league that they don't think he's worth a spot in their best 22?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always thought this should be our logo

View attachment 2072395
All I see is the word "cafe".

Now you won't be able to unsee it either... sorry.

But seriously, this is a nice emblem for a pommie schoolboys blazer and very dated now.

We have the best colours in the league to utilise. Our indigenous jumpers prove it each year. And to that point, a logo with a degree of indigenous flavour would suit me fine. First club in the league, contemporary strategy and thinking, cultural appeal and symbolic of modern AFL.

Better image for the club than freaking Latin.

I highly doubt Houston is getting Port pick 7 in a draft where Melbourne need to replace two elite mids. Houston is a HBF who isn't the difference between them hovering around the eight and winning a flag. List management isn't going to trade such a valuable pick for a HBF when they need to replenish the midfield...I mean they aren't us.
Coughing up 7 for houston is nuts... But i guess it depends on their situation.

Port have always been good at trading their guns... They've done it a few times to get back in the draft. They traded Wingard and got rozee.

Coughing up 7 for houston is nuts... But i guess it depends on their situation.

Port have always been good at trading their guns... They've done it a few times to get back in the draft. They traded Wingard and got rozee.
The good news is, trading Wingard got them Duursma (and by association BZT)

The bad news is, trading Polec/Pittard got them Rozee

dropping a player for the first time who is a high draft pick and still under contract does nothing to diminish the Suns power in a trade

Spot on.

they still hold all the cards, we will need to cough up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To a degree.

This is a little different than us trading for Rankine & Dawson - both of which their clubs were desperate to keep. It certainly appears that Dimma doesn't rate Luko and the Suns will be incentivized to move him to free up the Cap.

We should be in the position to offer more cash than Port so fingers crossed he nominates us. I think our 2025 first is with a late 2nd coming back is probably around the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back