Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a bottom 4 Club in 2024. Another bottom 4 finish in 2025 wont surprise me.
I'd be surprised. We had a good-ish year last year and a bad-ish year this year - we're looking to both improve the list and should have maturing players, so I think we should be back in that 7-12 band.

I'd be surprised. We had a good-ish year last year and a bad-ish this year - we're looking to both improve the list and should have maturing players, so I think we should be back in that 7-12 band.
We will miss the 8 in 2024 by 5 games and %.

We are not coming 7th or 8th in 2025 under Nicks with the same midfield. Even coming 10th would be a significant improvement.

Pick 4, Riley Thilthorpe & Darcy Fogarty are all absolutely untouchable at this point. What a stupid article.
I mean, they haven't cherry picked us. It's a hypothetical on what every club has that Melbourne would be interested in. For Carlton they've suggested Curnow or Mackay, so it's not like they're only suggesting our stars.

We are a bottom 4 Club in 2024. Another bottom 4 finish in 2025 wont surprise me.
Back the boys in for 2025. No review needed were on the right path to a premiership, No changes, stacked list, big preseason, Tex fitter than ever, Murphy and Jones co. Captain, gunning for top 4, Pick 4 on Chayce Jones estranged brother, Nicks another 2 year extension after a round 1 loss. Let's go Crows. Can you feel it!

We are not coming 7th or 8th in 2025 under Nicks with the same midfield. Even coming 10th would be a significant improvement.

I tend to disagree.

Soligo will be better. Hopefully Rankine plays the whole year. Laird wont be in there. Dawson has been fantastic. Berry wont be there. Taylor will be better. And Im probably missing a couple.

I think we'd do 10 or 11 wins next year.

The vast majority of the list is young, and should be improving.

Maybe we won't, but I think we improve the assistant coaches and add a few players, and our overall squad has some general improvment, as we should be better.

But hey - I'm an optomist.

But hey - I'm an optomist.
I can respect this, there is nothing wrong with hoping we do well. Ive been hoping for a flag since 1998. Its been 26+ years and counting. I also know realistically we are not winning a flag till the 2030s at the earliest.

I mean if you said on the eve of the 2017 GF we wont be playing a final till the end of the 2020s, you would be called a pessimist. However, that is the likely reality now.

I’m not pleased with our coaches and administration but with some shrewd recruiting and staff changes I could see some reasons to be optimistic next year:

• Arguably our best forward (Filthy), best defenders (Muz and Woz) and best player (Izak) missed considerable chunks of this year.
  • Easier fixture.
  • The bare minimum staff changes should at least see us get a genuine replacement for Rahilly.
  • Some mature aged recruits in addition to the natural growth of youngsters will see our list increase in talent. We should come out of this trade period considering Walker, Laird and Keane depth.
  • Compared to last year, we’ve won 2.5 less games. However, many criticised us in 23’ for supposedly relying heavily on Walker, Laird, Smith and Sloane last. That clearly isn’t the case this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve not paid any attention to this whatsoever so I don’t know the “family reasons.”

Surely no one at 28 walks away from a multi year afl contract. Unless he has a law degree or something.
Apparently just had, or about to have a baby ....who knows there maybe complications

I tend to disagree.

Soligo will be better. Hopefully Rankine plays the whole year. Laird wont be in there. Dawson has been fantastic. Berry wont be there. Taylor will be better. And Im probably missing a couple.
Thilthorpe is the big one for me. Him getting injured and missing most of this season was a massive loss for us and has definitely hurt our performance. A full year from him next year will go a long way to help us improve our win/loss record.

Thilthorpe is the big one for me. Him getting injured and missing most of this season was a massive loss for us and has definitely hurt our performance. A full year from him next year will go a long way to help us improve our win/loss record.
Pedlar is the man I want to see back fully committed .....he's a game changer, and he and Rankine together gets me excited

Geelong are absolutely thinking about Petracca, they would be silly not too.

Hawthorn have already made a deal with Barass so their picks are gone.

The issue is Petracca's injury was serious, he may already be past his peak. A club would have to spend a lot just to get him and might only be 3 goodish years.

I reckon long 7 year contracts that take players to 34 or 33 years old and gonna die, both players and clubs are starting to regret them.
GEEL are fully committed to Bailey Smith for 2025 ....he won't be cheap, as Clubs have vied for his services

Pedlar is the man I want to see back fully committed .....he's a game changer, and he and Rankine together gets me excited
Yes agreed, he is one I am still holding out hope can get it all together and get back to some of the form we saw from him last year. I thought he would go to that next level this year, very disappointing year from him.

Yes agreed, he is one I am still holding out hope can get it all together and get back to some of the form we saw from him last year. I thought he would go to that next level this year, very disappointing year from him.
If Pedlar can't get motivated after such a poor year ....well I doubt we'll be discussing the consequences, as I'm expecting a fully committed Pedlar in 2025

A kick in the pants at an early age ....can have exceptional outcomes ....even to show his teammates, he is an AFL player

Tigers have a real chance to set up there next premiership run before Tassie come in. They already have picks 1 and 21, Bolton and Baker to Freo who have 7, 12, 16 and 25 and then Rioli to Gold Coast who have 6, 11, 20 and 26. They should be able to walk in to the draft with 6 picks under 21 at least, finish 18th next year and target a couple of free agents and they'll be competing again in 28-29. I wish we had the foresight to be more aggressive whilst bottoming out.
Alright in theory ....but Bolton leaving is because every other player is jumping ship .....who's remaining will be saying, why am I still here

Tigers aiming for 2 years of Draft Compo picks ....and you could see young stars abandoning RICH as well

If Pedlar can't get motivated after such a poor year ....well I doubt we'll be discussing the consequences, as I'm expecting a fully committed Pedlar in 2025

A kick in the pants at an early age ....can have exceptional outcomes ....even to show his teammates, he is an AFL player
I remember Blighty rating Pedlar very highly back in 2022 before he got game time in 2023. But must admit I am getting tired of being hopeful only to be disappointed. Generally (like probably a lot of supporters) you are just hopeful that your young players are going to be guns and when they don't perform you are just hopeful that they just need more time or played in a position that suits them or for them to have a big preseason or something.

But then at some stage you just have to realise that they aren't going to be as good as you hoped them to be. I am still holding out for Pedlar but others I am not so sure anymore.

Unfortunately we have a number of players in our SANFL side that have had a decent go at AFL level but just aren't going to be the players they and the supporters would have hoped to be.

Gonna be interesting to see how Pedlar goes next year, you’d think it’s make or break for him. Clearly talented, but need his tank and defensive pressure to be up to scratch, especially if he wants to play midfield

Will be a tough forward line to break into with ANB added, unless Rankine basically plays full-time mid? That said we probably still need some of Rankine’s zip around goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back