Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Grotto's Stolen Finals Fun Facts

Port record in Night Games at AO.

Port have won 2/7 Finals games at Night at AO.
img_1065-jpeg.2106636

Surely they have to put Butter through contact training in order to select him, the club needs to know if he can handle being tackled no good going contact free and then 3 minutes into the game he gets whacked and his nights over and Port are in shambles

Surely they have to put Butter through contact training in order to select him, the club needs to know if he can handle being tackled no good going contact free and then 3 minutes into the game he gets whacked and his nights over and Port are in shambles
Plenty of Hawks players that wouldn't mind testing the ribs for him.

Straight-sets exits​

(Teams to lose a qualifying and semi-final in the same season since 2000)

2001: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2007: West Coast (3rd)
2014: Fremantle (4th)
2014: Geelong (3rd)
2015: Sydney (4th)
2016: Hawthorn (3rd)
2018: Hawthorn (4th)
2019: Brisbane (2nd)
2021: Brisbane (4th)
2022: Melbourne (2nd)
2023: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2023: Melbourne (4th)
Odds are Port bounce back, then lose preliminary... which is also my gut feel.

Plenty of Hawks players that wouldn't mind testing the ribs for him.
You just know they are going to test him at every opportunity.

Mitchell himself was known for this.

Yeah i feel like Port might scrape something together after the embarrassment last week, an away final in front of a large, rabid opposition crowd seems like a tough ask for the Hawks.

I think the crowd is going to be closer to 65/35 in favour of Port tbh than say 90/10. Can imagine loads of them not bothering after last week having spat the dummy.

I thought I would place this here, its a good watch down memory lane.

This youtube video came up across my suggested viewing.

Its from 1997, C7 News reporting St Kilda fans celebrating getting tickets to the GF. :$

I do remember hearing that the tickets were being scalped for as much as $1000, I knew a fans from Footy Park days that said they paid that much to watch the GF.

We managed to circumnavigate the gaining access issue by calling the Brisbane ticketek/master number after our parents couldn’t get through in Adelaide. We got straight through and booked 4 tickets! That hack wasn’t available the following year!

Pea heart Butters cleared to play? What a shock. Imagine being such a soft sook that you sub yourself at half time when the going gets tough. Most courageous player in the league? LOL
Like seriously, the bloke constantly puts his body on the line and he’s a skinny bloke. To suggest he’s a pea heart sook because he plays for Port is cringe, if he was a Crows player he’d be on your wall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like seriously, the bloke constantly puts his body on the line and he’s a skinny bloke. To suggest he’s a pea heart sook because he plays for Port is cringe, if he was a Crows player he’d be on your wall.

Never questioned his talent. But I can think of more deserving players for most courageous in the AFL. I also wouldn't call a constant diver courageous, but that's just me. Doesn't mean I think he's shit.

Hawthorn star Jack Ginnivan slammed over ‘disrespectful’ post​

Jack Ginnivan has swiftly found himself back in the spotlight, accused of disrespecting Port Adelaide and crossing the line.

03a7bb90354e3a39352eaaade4d59481

How is this even a story? At the absolute most it's banter. If someone in Round 18 said "See you in September" is that disrespectful to their forthcoming opponents?

It's a guy, having a joke with an ex team mate. What's he supposed to say? "We might see you in 14 days pending the result of our upcoming football match that will determine which team plays yours." It's just a jocular way of saying "We're coming for you!" Should a player not be confident of winning an upcoming match?

Apart from being a bit of a flog what the hell did Ginnivan do to the potatoes in the media for them to get their knickers in a twist over everything he does? He's an immature twat, granted, but all these articles do is make the journos look like babies.

Never questioned his talent. But I can think of more deserving players for most courageous in the AFL. I also wouldn't call a constant diver courageous, but that's just me. Doesn't mean I think he's shit.
And I never mentioned his talent just your biased claim he was a pea heart.

What would be your opinion of his courage if he was a Crows player?

And he’s played well in many big games further to your other post.

And I never mentioned his talent just your biased claim he was a pea heart.

What would be your opinion of his courage if he was a Crows player?

And he’s played well in many big games further to your other post.

I would be pissed off with his constant diving. He's good enough and doesn't need to do it.

And I wouldn't say his record in finals is amazing.

Pea heart Butters cleared to play? What a shock. Imagine being such a soft sook that you sub yourself at half time when the going gets tough. Most courageous player in the league? LOL
I cant believe his name isnt Butters

Oh wait

If the game was in the balance, do you think Butters would have gone off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back