Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Blighty rating Pedlar very highly back in 2022 before he got game time in 2023. But must admit I am getting tired of being hopeful only to be disappointed. Generally (like probably a lot of supporters) you are just hopeful that your young players are going to be guns and when they don't perform you are just hopeful that they just need more time or played in a position that suits them or for them to have a big preseason or something.

But then at some stage you just have to realise that they aren't going to be as good as you hoped them to be. I am still holding out for Pedlar but others I am not so sure anymore.

Unfortunately we have a number of players in our SANFL side that have had a decent go at AFL level but just aren't going to be the players they and the supporters would have hoped to be.
5 Years of rebuild, yes there'll be some players that haven't developed enough to be Grand Final players

McHenry, Berry, Gollant .....I expect Smith to retire, along with Sloane ....who knows with Himmelberg

Enthusiastic about Charlie Edwards & Toby McGuire

You're joking .....
Not from a ‘still being on the list’ perspective, moreso as to really developing into a quality best 22 player. Need to see some further progression, at least

If he doesn’t show much progression next year, that’ll be five seasons on the list, how much development will he still realistically have left in him?

He's off to the Gold Coast allegedly so I reckon Geelong will need to rethink that
I thought Rioli was GC bound .....not Smith

Remember Smith in his Draft Year, stated he would not leave Melbourne

AFL reporter Sam Landsberger, who regularly reported on rumours, has died
I overheard about this accident at Richmond station today, had no idea it was him though

Very specifically remember him breaking our interest in Matt Signorello, back right before the 16 draft, for some reason

RIP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traffic accident apparently. People die on the roads all the time, it's not something you think will ever happen to you, but it's a risk you take every day.
Thanks for that

Gonna be interesting to see how Pedlar goes next year, you’d think it’s make or break for him. Clearly talented, but need his tank and defensive pressure to be up to scratch, especially if he wants to play midfield

Will be a tough forward line to break into with ANB added, unless Rankine basically plays full-time mid? That said we probably still need some of Rankine’s zip around goal
I think he was one of the players who benefited from Rahilly's coaching and the faster movement we had last year. Needs to get his body right and do a lot of work on his tank to get any midfield minutes. Has a lot of X factor but needs to put it all together.

No ...Sam

I maybe assumed he was walking ....the traffic in Richmond is normally treacle slow, no car goes anywhere quickly

Probably a bit soon for that kind of speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back