Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/cf68a0ced03d26ab5f7a72395031f8d9

It comes with Adelaide interested in home grown forward Jack Lukosius but with the Suns likely to ask for a first-round pick in exchange if he does decide to head to the Crows.

Adelaide made clear earlier this year its current and future first-rounders are on the table for elite talent, so the Suns might request their future first rounder.

That remains to be seen given Adelaide would suggest it is helping Gold Coast’s salary cap given Lukosius is in the second year of a four-year deal worth at least $650,000 a season.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/cf68a0ced03d26ab5f7a72395031f8d9

It comes with Adelaide interested in home grown forward Jack Lukosius but with the Suns likely to ask for a first-round pick in exchange if he does decide to head to the Crows.

Adelaide made clear earlier this year its current and future first-rounders are on the table for elite talent, so the Suns might request their future first rounder.

That remains to be seen given Adelaide would suggest it is helping Gold Coast’s salary cap given Lukosius is in the second year of a four-year deal worth at least $650,000 a season.
Last night on Midweek tackle they mentioned that Suns want that but it was above what he is worth. They even said future first would be overs

I've heard mentioned there was or is some sort of friction between Bassett and Ruccuito, anyone know what that's about?

Last night on Midweek tackle they mentioned that Suns want that but it was above what he is worth. They even said future first would be overs

Yeah I think a future 1st from us is way overs in of itself.

GC going for Rioli helps us, as they'll definitely want to get Lukosius off their books if they're bringing him in.

I think Pick 20 coming back to us from GC is fair value, puts his worth in the 2nd round range, which would be palatable for all parties IMO.

The GC could send Pick 13 and our future 1st for Rioli, which I think is fair value.

Gives Richmond a 2nd selection in this draft, and gets them another next year, ahead of the Tasmanian team coming in (important for clubs to get talent in the door now ahead of Tassie draft concessions)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My blind hope is that someone like Bassett can have a voice given be was an AFC only player.
Actually, he wasn't. He was originally drafted by Melbourne, and spent 12 months with them, before being traded back to Adelaide. He never played an AFL game for Melbourne, but it's not accurate to say that "he was an AFC only player".

In any case, he's had a reasonable amount of non-AFC experience since retirement - at Norwood (SANFL), Essendon (AFL) and Port Adelaide (AFL).

Silvers is a wank for saying this publicly and so early in the year, just begging to be taken advantage of
Did Silvers say this?

**** me, so he has already publicly started to set expectations for the negotiation. Why can’t non-negotiatiors just shut the **** up and not prejudice a future negotiation.

I face this issue all the time at work with numpties saying shit to counterparties even though it’s nowhere within their remit to do so. You spend half your time unwinding the expectations that have already been set by said numptie. Many a negotiation has been cooked before the first hurdle because dickheads thinking they’re being clever and important set the wrong foundation for future discussions.

One has a loser mentality, one does not.

I don't buy that Ricciuto has loser mentality. You don't get to the level he achieved as a player without having a will to win

However I do think Roo greatly overestimates his own intelligence and ability off the field. He's too confident that his ideas are correct and the only solution, and makes bad decisions which are doubled down on as a result. He's a dangerous person to have in a high level decision making role

The isolation and if he did I bet he’d say something when he quit
Good. The Club needs a kick up the fundamental orifice. Management seems waaaaay too complacent. Dunno about the players.
A quick flick around social media shows a lot of the fans are suffering, while at the club it's business as usual, nothing to see here.
Where's the hurt, anger, resolution, determination that a winning club would show?
While we continue to smile, spew reassuring platitudes and go through the motions we'll never get anywhere.
We need more Racheles, fewer Lairds and a Bassett or two.

Did Silvers say this?

** me, so he has already publicly started to set expectations for the negotiation. Why can’t non-negotiatiors just shut the ** up and not prejudice a future negotiation.

I face this issue all the time at work with numpties saying shit to counterparties even though it’s nowhere within their remit to do so. You spend half your time unwinding the expectations that have already been set by said numptie. Many a negotiation has been cooked before the first hurdle because dickheads thinking they’re being clever and important set the wrong foundation for future discussions.
Can we stick to criticising the club for things that actually happened? There's plenty.

Silvers said we were keeping every option on the table for improving the side. That doesn't mean every possible thing WILL be done, only that we are committed to improvement - which is literally the most obvious and empty statement he could say, the same thing EVERY club says.

Actually, here's EXACTLY what he said ...

“We look at all players who are going to improve our list,” Silvers told SEN in February.

Harrison Petty was another player that we certainly looked at, but we didn't want to make trades for the sake of trades.

“We were able to bring in a couple of real talented players over the last couple of years in Izak Rankine and Jordan Dawson.

“We've got some terrific young players. We've got some kids who are developing and we hope they can take the next step and hopefully hurdle us towards finals.

“We got Chris Burgess in as a bit of key position depth and we'll be aggressive over the next 12 months and hopefully top up our list."

My mail is Nathan Bassett will be an assistant next year. A very uninspiring appointment to say the least, if true.
I like Bass. He is a strong willed individual and wish he was on the radio as his Footy knowledge is great.

But he is ultra defensive.

In the mid 2000s style.

Given that is a key issue with Nicks, Bass will compound it.

Did Silvers say this?

** me, so he has already publicly started to set expectations for the negotiation. Why can’t non-negotiatiors just shut the ** up and not prejudice a future negotiation.

They all say that and then expect 7 first rounders for pick 4. That the usual BS that’s said from all clubs. It’s to appease the minions that want us to get the best players for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back