Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not going to get a first rounder back in a deal for Keane.
Hear me out, If Collingwood get Keane who will strengthen their defence, they may think this year is a blip and they will be right back up the pointy end next year. There is also a very reasonable school of thought we may be outside the finals again next year. COULD we snare the Collingwood F1 for Keane and our F2. It might be Collingwood are happy to drop 7 or 8 places in the draft next year to get Keane???? if things worked out as above.

Of course they also may not and its all moot

Whether he's in the AFL or SANFL system now or not is irrelevant to how he was handled when he was here. He called out the leadership, a particular board member and the footy boss particularly around the camp. He then lost his job while those same people publicly declared they hadn't gotten rid of him, he was choosing to leave the AFL of his own accord only for Francou sign with another AFL team a few weeks later.

They got rid of Matthew Bode and Tate Kaesler the same off-season for more bullshit reasons too. We have a history of pushing people out and keeping people in not based on their abilities to do their job well, but on if they're willing to toe the company line and not question those above them.
I do agree with what you are saying. ThevAFC is very much an echo chamber.

But there is an element of these guys also not being good enough.

Plenty? When have you criticised the club?
Well, so far today

The strong decision would be to stand up for one of our own.

Geelong would never do this. Port wouldn't. Hell, Hawthorn have become the biggest over-celebratory flogs in the AFL, and Mitchell stands firmly behind them.

Weak, blame filled culture that does these ludicrous demonstrations of being "strong". I'm sure Rachele is deeply hurt.

Plus maybe a half dozen other posts.

Don't mistake my optimism for someone who just blindly likes everything. I know I maybe look at things more positively than some would, because I don't follow AFL to just surround myself in a cloud of negativity. But sometimes there's no other option.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, so far today

Don't mistake my optimism for someone who just blindly likes everything. I know I maybe look at things more positively than you would EC, but I don't watch footy to just surround myself in a cloud of negativity. But sometimes there's no other option.
on the same page. honest with the truth - and some shit has really gone down this year inc this week potentially even - but balanced/positive outlook in general. many others default is clearly 'different' to that

So going off the last couple of pages of news;

Keane going to Ireland and not playing the last game of the season surely he’s gone - why Would you not play the last game of the season when you could fly out the next day from Sydney or later from
Adelaide?

Bassett in - Nicks replacement as 2025 progresses.

Rachelle if dropped should ask to leave -absolute frog shite decision.

Laird even if you have Mitchell Park connections I’m starting to really dislike you - no leadership qualities or sense of team at all.

So going off the last couple of pages of news;

Keane going to Ireland and not playing the last game of the season surely he’s gone - why Would you not play the last game of the season when you could fly out the next day from Sydney or later from
Adelaide?

Bassett in - Nicks replacement as 2025 progresses.

Rachelle if dropped should ask to leave -absolute frog shite decision.

Laird even if you have Mitchell Park connections I’m starting to really dislike you - no leadership qualities or sense of team at all.

He didn’t say that Keane wouldn’t play the last game

Well, so far today

Don't mistake my optimism for someone who just blindly likes everything. I know I maybe look at things more positively than some would, because I don't follow AFL to just surround myself in a cloud of negativity. But sometimes there's no other option.
Cmon mate, the mental gymnastics you come up with to defend the club is well known on here, there’s optimism and then there’s delusional

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back