Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How else can it be handled. If they spoke about it behind closed doors and he refused to step aside, that only gives the club one choice. Its up to Simpson to handled it gracefully and frankly he failed.
You are making an assumption that it was spoken about behind closed doors. The look of incredulousness on his face when Pyke mentioned it, tells me he didn’t know a thing about it.

You are making an assumption that it was spoken about behind closed doors. The look of incredulousness on his face when Pyke mentioned it, tells me he didn’t know a thing about it.

He knew what the presser was about. But I know when I am angry I can tune out of the conversation especially if i feel Ive just been wronged. Pyke could have mentioned it then, Simpson wasnt listening we just dont know. I think its wrong to just assume one side is right and the other is wrong if we dont know the full details.

A lot of tall defenders?

Besides Murray, Butts, Worrell and Keane not much else?

Borlase at the very best is SANFLAFL depth depth and Worrell is more a 3rd tall interceptor than a genuine KPD.

Borlase can cover for now and hopefully we can get another midfielder that we desperately crave. Also Keane doesn’t defend well at all, good interceptor, yes. I think Worrell is better then him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's completely untrue.

I've never seen this board being more depressed, but that's a different thing.
The reason why this board is so depressed is because there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

There was after the camp & tippett-gate.

It's worse now as many members are giving up watching the Crows for the 1st time.

We need a circuit breaker which can only come with significant personnel change.

I think they tried to at least make Simpson feel the club and its supporters valued his service. But we dont know the discussions behind closed doors. Maybe this was already asked of Simpson but he never answered so they asked again about the farewell game. As much as the club didnt look good, I am not sure Simpson gave it a chance as he was angry. But the club has every right to decide its direction and Simpsons record has been woeful in the last couple of years. If he refused to step aside then thats on him.

I think in general the decision to get rid of Simpson this year was a poor one. I struggle to see how whatever signs he was done that they saw this year were not present last year. They decided last year that they thought he was the man for their rebuild and then backflipped this year. IMO if Simpson wasn’t the guy it should have been done last year, if not, they needed to give him time to rebuild.

SEN caller rumour : Crows into Soldo.

rephrase that for accuracy : Soldo is exploring options being jumped by Dante Vis
Bickley : Crows should explore with ROB 30 years old.
An Angus Graham level pick up

He knew what the presser was about. But I know when I am angry I can tune out of the conversation especially if i feel Ive just been wronged. Pyke could have mentioned it then, Simpson wasnt listening we just dont know. I think its wrong to just assume one side is right and the other is wrong if we dont know the full details.
The way he responded to the question when asked suggests he wasn't happy for it to be made public that they wanted him to coach again (increasing the pressure on him to do something)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borlase can cover for now and hopefully we can get another midfielder that we desperately crave. Also Keane doesn’t defend well at all, good interceptor, yes. I think Worrell is better then him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
for sure. As I see it, if Keane leaves, then we have Murray and Butts as the 1st 2 key defenders with Worrell as the 3rd man up intercept. One of Murray or butts gets and injury, Borlase comes in and does a decent job, he just about always has done. if another one gets injured, then Worrell steps in as one of the key defenders and Hinge can go 3rd man up intercept as he has done that role before and would be fine doing it again so we have cover

The way he responded to the question when asked suggests he wasn't happy for it to be made public that they wanted him to coach again (increasing the pressure on him to do something)
Not the way it played out …. Simpson approached the Board the week of his departure, demanding to know his status
He was told the board had decided to move for a new coach & had been the decision for a while, after a previous huge loss

He resigned immediately … the club obviously had wanted him to finish the season

Not the way it played out …. Simpson approached the Board the week of his departure, demanding to know his status
He was told the board had decided to move for a new coach & had been the decision for a while, after a previous huge loss

He resigned immediately … the club obviously had wanted him to finish the season
I must have misunderstood, I thought the question was about the way he mentioned in the presser that he wanted Simmo to coach for one last time. The scenario you are talking about is reasonable for all parties.

The reason why this board is so depressed is because there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

There was after the camp & tippett-gate.

It's worse now as many members are giving up watching the Crows for the 1st time.

We need a circuit breaker which can only come with significant personnel change.
It's pretty hard to stay motivated in being a member Kane, I've stuck through from living overseas to being interstate, but now considering not renewing, I think apart from the dismal form the tipping point was seeing the Crows face masks on the shop, I think the Crows have caught the Woke virus..

I just thought I would do the exercise if it was us or freo say that were in Richmonds position and give a 'vic' media estimation of the players values (assuming they were ours or freo's players)

1724717367204.png

Liam Baker - Trade - late 2nd round pick
Daniel Rioli - late 1st round pick
Jack Graham - Free agent - band 4 assumed
Shai Bolton - Trade - mid 1st round pick
Tom Lynch - Trade - salary dump with a 2nd round pick or existing club pays most of salary and gets a 2nd round pick
Nathan Broad - Trade - 3rd round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back