Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If i were Carlton i wouldn't do..imho petracca is past his prime easily and it only goes down from here especially considering his injury history. Shouldn't mckay just be hitting his prime now for a big man?

I’m just not sure Petracca fully recovers from his recent injuries.

It’s enough.

Lots of the most successful defenders in recent AFL are not huge.

Also, it’s normal to have not-quite-good-enough players as depth. That’s why they’re depth. You don’t play them unless you have to.
Have you seen the tall forwards that have come through in recent years, even this year's draft there's several and also next year? It's going to be land of the giants in KPF positions going forward so if you haven't got height you'll need athleticism.

Borlase would at best only be depth at any AFL club that would have him, his lack of speed and agility are too easily exposed at AFL, it's time to move on.

There's a swag of tall defenders available in this draft that will go later. perhaps some could easily slip through to the rookie draft, all are better athletically IMO.

Some names for you to check out, Harry O'Farrell, Adrian Cole, Noah Mraz, Clancy Dennis, James Barratt and a couple of those lads are capable forward as well.

you can cover a lot of deficiencies with a good-great midfield. port are hardly stacked with stars up forward and down back but have 2 way running midfielders. i believe out forward line is good enough and our defence could possibly do with an upgrade in the key position. it's the midfield killing us. it's why we need to keep introducing guys into it, including guys like rachele and rankine. we're 2 gun mids short of turning some of those close losses into wins. imagine putting say butters and warner into the midfield. everything changes.

you can cover a lot of deficiencies with a good-great midfield. port are hardly stacked with stars up forward and down back but have 2 way running midfielders. i believe out forward line is good enough and our defence could possibly do with an upgrade in the key position. it's the midfield killing us. it's why we need to keep introducing guys into it, including guys like rachele and rankine. we're 2 gun mids short of turning some of those close losses into wins. imagine putting say butters and warner into the midfield. everything changes.
This is exactly right. With a strong midfield, our forward line would be potent and our defence would be far better protected and would look really solid.

Its actually tempting (If Lukosius picks port) to try and engineer another top 10 pick in this draft if its possible to get 2 top end mid prospects as with Rankine, Rachele, Soligo, Dawson, Curtin, Edwards it should mean in a season or so, we start to look A grade there and then everything can change...........providing its not with nicks running the show.

This is exactly right. With a strong midfield, our forward line would be potent and our defence would be far better protected and would look really solid.

Its actually tempting (If Lukosius picks port) to try and engineer another top 10 pick in this draft if its possible to get 2 top end mid prospects as with Rankine, Rachele, Soligo, Dawson, Curtin, Edwards it should mean in a season or so, we start to look A grade there and then everything can change...........providing its not with nicks running the show.
Edwards was looking good from the little I saw of the game against Sturt on the weekend

Have you seen the tall forwards that have come through in recent years, even this year's draft there's several and also next year? It's going to be land of the giants in KPF positions going forward so if you haven't got height you'll need athleticism.

Borlase would at best only be depth at any AFL club that would have him, his lack of speed and agility are too easily exposed at AFL, it's time to move on.

There's a swag of tall defenders available in this draft that will go later. perhaps some could easily slip through to the rookie draft, all are better athletically IMO.

Some names for you to check out, Harry O'Farrell, Adrian Cole, Noah Mraz, Clancy Dennis, James Barratt and a couple of those lads are capable forward as well.

Oh great - Hamish will take them with our first pick.

This is great footage. Maybe if we were a Victorian club we'd actually benefit from some meaningful media scrutiny.

We wouldn't see that footage as an issue because at the adelaide footy club everything is rainbows and lollipops.. just don't celebrate too hard or you'll get sent to the naughty corner.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for drafting a kpd with a later pick this year

I just can't see them getting rid of Nicks with two years left. Plus do we want Riccuito having imput on another Coach
He hit on the first 2.
Just missed on the 3rd.

I know it's hunting season on Nicks, but I remember what it was like when we were getting attacked every week, when reporters were just openly talking about how players were feeding them information about how dissatisfied everyone was. When there was a club statement every week or two.

People seemed incredibly unhappy. I think Nicks changed that.

I would have supported getting rid of him, but I don't blame him for everything that was disappointing about this year.
Nicks didn’t change that, those players are now gone.

Nicks has done nothing except make excuses and blame players for his failures as a coach.

Nicks deserves no credit at all, it’s a myth that he repaired the culture.

Our playing culture sucks!!!!!

Nicks didn’t change that, those players are now gone.

Nicks has done nothing except make excuses and blame players for his failures as a coach.

Nicks deserves no credit at all, it’s a myth that he repaired the culture.

Our playing culture sucks!!!!!
Why do you think every young player has wanted to re-sign and sees their future at the Crows?

His handling of Simpson departure was pretty bloody ordinary.

I think they tried to at least make Simpson feel the club and its supporters valued his service. But we dont know the discussions behind closed doors. Maybe this was already asked of Simpson but he never answered so they asked again about the farewell game. As much as the club didnt look good, I am not sure Simpson gave it a chance as he was angry. But the club has every right to decide its direction and Simpsons record has been woeful in the last couple of years. If he refused to step aside then thats on him.

I think they tried to at least make Simpson feel the club and its supporters valued his service. But we dont know the discussions behind closed doors. Maybe this was already asked of Simpson but he never answered so they asked again about the farewell game. As much as the club didnt look good, I am not sure Simpson gave it a chance as he was angry. But the club has every right to decide its direction and Simpsons record has been woeful in the last couple of years. If he refused to step aside then thats on him.
None the less, the way it was handled was very poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back