Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I care much about Luko but this is another example of Nicks's extension ****ing us over. We can't sell the message that things will get better and we have a clean slate etc. Instead it's "come here and play for loser coach Matthew Nicks".

Players aren't as emotional as fans.

We're still the biggest club in SA, if that's where you want to return to.

when selecting a club what’s important is what’s going to be there role in the team, and what’s the size of their contract

not sure why people are stressing, so many people commented on here that Luko is not elite and only worth a 2nd round pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Josh Rachele - “too selfish, doesn’t show team first values”

Mark Keane - “please don’t leave us. Don’t worry about playing the last game, celebrating the end of season with your team mates, attending the best and fairest. You do you, and see you in November”
Keane has walked out.

But yeah, interesting if the above rumour not true.

One player dropped the other allowed to finish season early and leave the country.

Leadership Group pick and choose who needs to be a team man?

Even Jokic hangs around for a couple of days after the Nuggets season, preferring to be in Serbia.

when selecting a club what’s important is what’s going to be there role in the team, and what’s the size of their contract

not sure why people are stressing, so many people commented on here that Luko is not elite and only worth a 2nd round pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd suggest the reality might be different from the perception. We have as a club been into lukosius for a long time and have sent the delegation up there to speak with his management. But also lukosius has had port contact his management and shock horror, his team spoke to them too. Now it could be because he is desperate to not play for the crows if he leaves GC or, conspiracy theory time i know, it could be to see what sort of offer and role port might be offering before he makes up his mind on what he would like to do with all the information at hand. Personally, i will run with the conspiracy theory option on this one.

The Pied Piper

It certainly looks odd in that there was literally no comment or statement even provided by Keane..

It also makes no sense that he’s ’walked out’ because he has a year left on his contract, we’ve put one in front of him, and he’s publicly come out and said his preference is to stay here. By all reports the contract we put in front of him was 3-4 years.

The only scenarios I can think of is either:

A) there is a family reason and we’ve let him head back early. If this was the case you’d expect the player themselves to release something and be like ‘hey Crows fans, heading back to Ireland to attend to some family stuff, can’t wait to be back… blah blah’
B) we have an in principle agreement to trade him elsewhere and have just released him to get a game into someone else…
C) some sort of fractious event has happened and he HAS up and left, which is a terrible move for his own career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It certainly looks odd in that there was literally no comment or statement even provided by Keane..

It also makes no sense that he’s ’walked out’ because he has a year left on his contract, we’ve put one in front of him, and he’s publicly come out and said his preference is to stay here. By all reports the contract we put in front of him was 3-4 years.

The only scenarios I can think of is either:

A) there is a family reason and we’ve let him head back early. If this was the case you’d expect the player themselves to release something and be like ‘hey Crows fans, heading back to Ireland to attend to some family stuff, can’t wait to be back… blah blah’
B) we have an in principle agreement to trade him elsewhere and have just released him to get a game into someone else…
C) some sort of fractious event has happened and he HAS up and left, which is a terrible move for his own career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or D) Keane is a players player who calls a spade a ****ing shovel and he avidly speaks up in support of players and over the last 12 months he has witnessed some appalling player management, the Rachele debacle was the last straw probably after Curtins mistreatment, he demanded an explanation and told Nicks to **** off after his answer was full of bullshit as we would all expect.

Will he 'quit' the club, go home to Ireland, tell us he's not returning, only to try to pop up again at a Melbourne club?

Bottom line is there is a clear stink at the club.
Thankfully, Silvers extensive review couldn't find any piles of dogshit, so the smell must be coming from somewhere else. All is good everyone

On Keane, people said he trained yesterday. SO why would he train and then walk out of the club? Why would he bother going to training? Like you are going to quit work but first you want to just work for the day first?
Something does not smell right here. Until the club or the player announce he has left, I am holding fire on this, it seems like chinese whispers going on.

It also could be that Keane said he will sign but wants to return home to be in Ireland as long as possible
My only gripe with that is why not just play one more game to finish the season off then head home a day or 2 later. I am sure he would not be looking at skyscanner to see which day of the week / month was the cheapest to get plane tickets.

Rumour on 5AA Keane has walked out in the club
Yeah, and listening further, you’re left with the impression it was a PORT supporter trolling

You can’t trust any off these anonymous callers claiming inside knowledge

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back