Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Relax guys. Teams or even the players themselves put themself on ice for the last few games if they know they're out the door. Your trade value doesn't go up if you do an ACL...

"The key backman returned to Ireland on Thursday for what Nicks said were personal reasons and will miss Adelaide's last game of the season, against Sydney on Saturday night.

Asked if the 24-year-old had walked out on the Crows, Nicks replied: "I can guarantee that is not the case."

Is that anything like saying the board has the full backing of the coach. :think:

"The key backman returned to Ireland on Thursday for what Nicks said were personal reasons and will miss Adelaide's last game of the season, against Sydney on Saturday night.

Asked if the 24-year-old had walked out on the Crows, Nicks replied: "I can guarantee that is not the case."

Is that anything like saying the board has the full backing of the coach. :think:
Think there is a trade in progress or at least they have informed him they are open to it and both parties are letting it play out.

Think there is a trade in progress or at least they have informed him they are open to it and both parties are letting it play out.
I personally want him to stay. He will improve massively, and Collingwood know that. We will give a contracted player away for a packet of chips.

And we could just go with (personal reasons) which it states on the team sheet. Generally when a player misses for personal reasons it's almost always family based.

For sure, it'd just be nice to get a 'will be back soon Crows fans...' or something to that effect on socials. I know players don't owe it to anyone, but gee it would stop some of rumour mongering

Will he 'quit' the club, go home to Ireland, tell us he's not returning, only to try to pop up again at a Melbourne club?

Bottom line is there is a clear stink at the club.
Thankfully, Silvers extensive review couldn't find any piles of dogshit, so the smell must be coming from somewhere else. All is good everyone

Not sure if mentioned but he wouldn't be allowed to do that unless retiring like he did at the Pies. Kiss goodbye to any club wanting to pick him up after that...

My guess is that it's family related, but the messaging has been poor

I personally want him to stay. He will improve massively, and Collingwood know that. We will give a contracted player away for a packet of chips.
I think he's got more worth then you might realise. The KPD market has highly inflated this last 2 trade periods.

Both in trade capital and salary.

He didn't walk out, he ran.

I’m a huge wrap for what he could become and don’t want any of our defenders traded.
If though it is his choice to go it won’t be for chips or he comes back to play another year. Or would be a pick close to that of Alex Dodson’s value or at least enough to work with and a greater need for the club.
I’m not even sure he could play Gaelic for € while under contract and not fronting, but happy to be corrected.
Also a year out of AFL at this stage would hold back his development, think we hold more cards than most think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Keane is the type of guy that wouldn't put up with any bullshit.

What we’ve got now is no different to the debacle that was our handling of the camp. Wheeling out club mouthpiece players to publicly gaslight a different group. Make no mistake, players would be aligned with Josh on this. The ‘Mr nice guy’ culture was always going to turn to shit when Nix felt pressure on his security. Blame is being apportioned, just like we did under the Pyke and Burton regime. It won’t end well.

It certainly looks odd in that there was literally no comment or statement even provided by Keane..

It also makes no sense that he’s ’walked out’ because he has a year left on his contract, we’ve put one in front of him, and he’s publicly come out and said his preference is to stay here. By all reports the contract we put in front of him was 3-4 years.

The only scenarios I can think of is either:

A) there is a family reason and we’ve let him head back early. If this was the case you’d expect the player themselves to release something and be like ‘hey Crows fans, heading back to Ireland to attend to some family stuff, can’t wait to be back… blah blah’
B) we have an in principle agreement to trade him elsewhere and have just released him to get a game into someone else…
C) some sort of fractious event has happened and he HAS up and left, which is a terrible move for his own career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s just told them he has no interest in signing an extension and wants to be traded. We’ve said, ‘fair enough, we’ll get another game into Borlase, you can play 2s this weekend’. He’s just said no to that, I’ll head to holidays now thanks.

What we’ve got now is no different to the debacle that was our handling of the camp. Wheeling out club mouthpiece players to publicly gaslight a different group. Make no mistake, players would be aligned with Josh on this. The ‘Mr nice guy’ culture was always going to turn to shit when Nix felt pressure on his security. Blame is being apportioned, just like we did under the Pyke and Burton regime. It won’t end well.
Nah, you’ve got it wrong ….. I’ve never seen a more relaxed coach after a Showdown loss

He’s secure & knows it ….. pick #4 protected …. hopefully a couple of incoming players via trades

Where’s my sunglasses

Problem is, he lied about why Rachele was dropped...

Why believe him here....

Have you seen the price of chips lately though? Might be market value.

Prices for a 16-ounce bag of chips are up 30.6% since the end of 2020, outpacing the 20.6% increase in the consumer price index. Given that price increases for potato chips have typically been between 1%-2% a year, that's roughly a decade to 15 years worth of price increases in around three years

Nah, you’ve got it wrong ….. I’ve never seen a more relaxed coach after a Showdown loss

He’s secure & knows it ….. pick #4 protected …. hopefully a couple of incoming players via trades

Where’s my sunglasses

Of course he’s secure, he was extended only a few months ago. I didn’t post he wasn’t and I have no doubt that he believes he’s going an amazing job. That doesn’t mean that Rome isn’t burning underneath him, as it was under Pyke and Burton. Those two were pretty chuffed with themselves too.

But Nix is definitely safe for a fair while yet. We’re not a good club, we make numerous bad decisions.

He’s just told them he has no interest in signing an extension and wants to be traded. We’ve said, ‘fair enough, we’ll get another game into Borlase, you can play 2s this weekend’. He’s just said no to that, I’ll head to holidays now thanks.
Didn't look like that in the footage from yesterday's training seession joking and laughing with Matt Crouch as they came off the ground following the session....far from it. If he was outta there why would he even have trained?

He ran out

Of course he’s secure, he was extended only a few months ago. I didn’t post he wasn’t and I have no doubt that he believes he’s going an amazing job. That doesn’t mean that Rome isn’t burning underneath him, as it was under Pyke and Burton. Those two were pretty chuffed with themselves too.

But Nix is definitely safe for a fair while yet. We’re not a good club, we make numerous bad decisions.
Totally disagree with the “we’re not a good club”

This board provides an outlet for the minority to agitate …. it’s not representative of the supporter base

I do think most would be dismayed with the rachele / laird events of the last few days …. but historically we get more things right than wrong …. and no club is perfect

Look at MELB with Petracca & Oliver
St Kilda with their list …. GC being GC. after a history of excessive top Draft selections & a dream fixture, only to fail

People on this board continuously bemoaned that we had never truly bottomed out for top Draft picks ….. and then when we do, complain about not making finals

Totally disagree with the “we’re not a good club”

This board provides an outlet for the minority to agitate …. it’s not representative of the supporter base

I do think most would be dismayed with the rachele / laird events of the last few days …. but historically we get more things right than wrong …. and no club is perfect

Look at MELB with Petracca & Oliver
St Kilda with their list …. GC being GC. after a history of excessive top Draft selections & a dream fixture, only to fail

People on this board continuously bemoaned that we had never truly bottomed out for top Draft picks ….. and then when we do, complain about not making finals
LOL, are you seriously thinking a bottom 4 finish 5 years into a rebuild is the stuff of contentment...I can tell you for a fact that plenty of crows supporters I know and are members barely rocked up to games this year they were that unhappy with how the side is performing and that the club didn't read the room and moved on a new coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back