Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, cash leagues are outside nothing to do with BF, plenty around in the community.

Wayne organises all the team based leagues and information threads
A hell of a lot of work. Gets piled on here as a sport it seems.
Yes but the quip at him was about being a mod on big footy?
Wayne brings it on himself, refuses to answer things when it gets tough and just ignores and carries on like he was never wrong.

We bottomed out in a year we declared we'd embrace expectations and make the finals. Fantastic result!
Yeah, not for the first time in the games history …… COLL have had a huge fall this year, a blip …. they’ll bounce back next year

Some key injuries to the wrong players …. and in a tight comp, that can be the diff

All the top teams this year have looked bog ave in stretches of games

Both COLL and MELB declared the premiership ambitions in the PS …. and both are at the top of the list age profile tree

Wayne brings it on himself, refuses to answer things when it gets tough and just ignores and carries on like he was never wrong.
Or the quip inadvertently or not I own by being one of the kids who play fantasy football and on BF
I have had more blues with Wayne than anybody but it’s like every man and his dog piles on.
Some of them in other threads bleating about bloody mental health.
Anyway he is big enough to fight his own battles.

No, cash leagues are outside nothing to do with BF, plenty around in the community.

Wayne organises all the team based leagues and information threads
A hell of a lot of work. Gets piled on here as a sport it seems.
There is a resident cash league and quite a lot of others which posters are looking to fill every year

He’s not our Mod, he’s a Mod for fantasy football board believe it or not. He’s progressed his career, from saving Golden North to moderating a bunch of kids playing fantasy teams.

So yeah you can
There are actually 3 x different Boards devoted to an array of different Fantasy Formats, both local and international

Some of the most knowledgeable posters on Bigfooty, given the levels of player research undertaken …. inc Floating Doughnut and several Podcast hosts

I won’t repeat what i’ve already posted if people are not prepared to read

Plus my time on the Adelaide Board represents approx 15% of my time ….. I’m flat chat on my boards

Yeah, not for the first time in the games history …… COLL have had a huge fall this year, a blip …. they’ll bounce back next year

Some key injuries to the wrong players …. and in a tight comp, that can be the diff

All the top teams this year have looked bog ave in stretches of games

Both COLL and MELB declared the premiership ambitions in the PS …. and both are at the top of the list age profile tree
I wouldn't really be that disappointed if i were a Collingwood fan. They got a trophy and they just have some post premiership blues...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL …. losses always impact crowds, but not the desert some protesters hoped for

Winning changes everything …. attitudes, attendances ect

Most in the PS poll had us in the eight this year ….. it’s historically fact that people turn quickly in an emotional game … you watch it turn again next year

Not the first time a club has hit a bump in the improvement curve, and then bounced back

For a lot of players, it’s another 20 games of experience, another year of maturity ….. Curtin will be better, Pedlar back, a couple of trade in’s

Management will accept a one year blip … not two years though

People will get excited again quickly …. i’ve witnessed it too many times

How many coaches have had five consecutive seasons under 50% win/loss percentage and bounced back? Zero

Let's be honest, was this year really a blip?

Last year we had the luxury of playing North Melbourne and West Coast twice, you take those games out of the equation and put us against two tougher opponents away and suddenly 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 are all relatively similar results wise.

Nicks' numbers over five years suggest it's more likely that 2023 was a false dawn based around an easier draw and 2024 was actually a reality check rather than a blip.

We did not play North twice and our draw was not easy last year

Playing those 3 home games in a row at the beginning of the year would have helped though, along with Tex’s near Coleman winning season. It was also the only season in Nicks’ tenure that he allowed attacking football to be played, perhaps a certain ex assistant coach had more to do with that than the fraud in charge

I won’t repeat what i’ve already posted if people are not prepared to read

Plus my time on the Adelaide Board represents approx 15% of my time ….. I’m flat chat on my boards
It was your lack of comprehension not mine, I even tagged you twice.
Now this is the sort of shit that annoys people and gives you a bad name, you are the one that doesn't listen or respond, it's childish.
You accuse other people of not reading or for not having a proper conversation.
Even Mr_Moogle reference an interaction we had awhile ago as the funniest situation he's seen. When nicks subbed soligo off last year he admitted in a press conference that he had made a mistake, you wanted proof and i linked the audio clip, you refused to listen to it.

Here is a demonstration of where you can't even follow your own argument, you accuse me of bringing tex into it when it was you who brought tex into it.
Then no response as you were wrong.

Slow introduction .....get him accustomed to the game-pace

They no doubt wanted him to play a few games .....no good destroying his confidence

It may not be your approach ....but then you're not a coach

The geelong game was only 2 weeks ago, our season was already gone and he’d already had the slowest of slow introductions.
With all due respect that’s absolute crap, nicks even said he didn’t want to bring him on (reading between the lines he didn’t trust him) because he didn’t want to turn the tide.

And with respect, Curtin's is making a lot of mistakes, costly mistakes ....so yes, I can appreciate Nicks POV

Over a 15 year career .....these comments about slow starts in his first year, are frankly nit-picking for an absence of anything meaningful to say ....in the big picture, it's irrelevant

As was all the hullabaloo about Craig not playing Tex Walker .....it's been irrelevant to his career

Mistakes? He spent 98% of it on the bench and then 2 weeks later suddenly it’s all about the development and not winning. What changed in two weeks?

No it’s not, he’d be a 300 game player. But as it is he’ll probably fall just short.

View attachment 2085852

I'd assume this was a joke, if it was from another poster .....so Nicks will be the cause of Curtin not reaching 300 games

Oh well, at least you gave me a little chuckle

Obviously I meant Tex and the reason I bolded it for you.

The subject matter was Curtin

You were the one that brought Tex into it!
🤦‍♂️

I’m saying it’s not irrelevant as Craigy will probably be the reason Tex misses 300 by a few games.

You must have missed this post WaynesWorld19

You’re incredibly frustrating WaynesWorld19 when things get a little tough or you find out you’re wrong you just don’t respond.
You brought up Tex not me.
Can’t you see how frustrating it will be for Tex when he finishes on 299 games (even if he played every game, which he won’t).
And you’re still going to claim that Craig’s dropping Tex early on has no impact on his career?

Just get better wayne and you won't get slammed.

Last edited:
Was it something like this?

Everyone: "Nicks ****ed up"

Wayne: "Nicks did not **** up"

Nicks: "I ****ed up"

Wayne:
nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.gif

Why?

I disagree with a lot of what Wayne posts, but it's always interesting. There's dozens of posters you'd mute before him.
Perhaps for you, but if we took a poll of the most annoying posters, I guarantee you Wayne would make the top 3 in a canter!

Currently the biggest troll on this board.

It was your lack of comprehension not mine, I even tagged you twice.
Now this is the sort of shit that annoys people and gives you a bad name, you are the one that doesn't listen or respond, it's childish.
You accuse other people of not reading or for not having a proper conversation.
Even Mr_Moogle reference an interaction we had awhile ago as the funniest situation he's seen. When nicks subbed sligo off last year he admitted in a press conference that he had made a mistake, you wanted proof and i linked the audio clip, you refused to listen to it.

Here is a demonstration of where you can't even follow your own argument, you accuse me of bringing tex into it when it was you who brought tex into it.
Then no response as you were wrong.

Just get better wayne and you won't get slammed.
You realise you are dealing with someone who is akin to Nix.

Don't reckon any of the rumours you've quoted will happen. We have a number of Trolls--one in particular that delights in posting bs rumours to stir the bed wetters up.
With Rachelle, would be wise to wait until the team is announced before piling shit on the club yet again. That last is not directed at you WGG. You're a reasonable poster.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And now that Thursday selection has been concluded?

That’s 2/3 isn’t it?

Why?

I disagree with a lot of what Wayne posts, but it's always interesting. There's dozens of posters you'd mute before him.
That’s because you can be very similar, present things like they are fact, but not respond when challenged, but you’re the first to ask someone else to back up a claim.

We did not play North twice and our draw was not easy last year

Playing those 3 home games in a row at the beginning of the year would have helped though, along with Tex’s near Coleman winning season. It was also the only season in Nicks’ tenure that he allowed attacking football to be played, perhaps a certain ex assistant coach had more to do with that than the fraud in charge

I stand corrected.

I should have actually checked that before I posted about playing North twice. It was 2022 when we played both teams twice.

Even still, taking that West Coast game off puts us at 10 wins last year, it's still not a huge variance from this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back