Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just thought I would do the exercise if it was us or freo say that were in Richmonds position and give a 'vic' media estimation of the players values (assuming they were ours or freo's players)

View attachment 2093277

Liam Baker - Trade - late 2nd round pick
Daniel Rioli - late 1st round pick
Jack Graham - Free agent - band 4 assumed
Shai Bolton - Trade - mid 1st round pick
Tom Lynch - Trade - salary dump with a 2nd round pick or existing club pays most of salary and gets a 2nd round pick
Nathan Broad - Trade - 3rd round pick
Yeah the Richmond list is massively being overrated. Rioli for pick 6 is hilarious. Bolton is flakey as - 2 x first round picks lol

I just thought I would do the exercise if it was us or freo say that were in Richmonds position and give a 'vic' media estimation of the players values (assuming they were ours or freo's players)

View attachment 2093277

Liam Baker - Trade - late 2nd round pick
Daniel Rioli - late 1st round pick
Jack Graham - Free agent - band 4 assumed
Shai Bolton - Trade - mid 1st round pick
Tom Lynch - Trade - salary dump with a 2nd round pick or existing club pays most of salary and gets a 2nd round pick
Nathan Broad - Trade - 3rd round pick
I can't believe the general consensus is that rioli is worth a 1st round pick... I don't know if i would even consider a 2nd for him

Shai bolten is the only one valued fairly imho.. Id give a 1st for him.. but not a top 5

SEN caller rumour : Crows into Soldo.

rephrase that for accuracy : Soldo is exploring options being jumped by Dante Vis
Bickley : Crows should explore with ROB 30 years old.

Age angle makes no sense. Soldo is one year younger than ROB.

Probably only a side grade at best

I can't believe the general consensus is that rioli is worth a 1st round pick... I don't know if i would even consider a 2nd for him

Shai bolten is the only one valued fairly imho.. Id give a 1st for him.. but not a top 5
Bolton has had an average year, contracted status probably ups his value. Reckon he played well when Dusty was in the team and he had no attention and good supply

Bolton has had an average year, contracted status probably ups his value. Reckon he played well when Dusty was in the team and he had no attention and good supply
He'd be amazing at Fremantle off the half forward line

Trade Radio here in Melbourne

Adelaide offering Cumming a 5 year deal, looking like trumping GWS 4 year offer on less money
Lukosius having the Crows connection, given Port are leading the way to get Perryman ....port offering big money to trump the GWS offer, thus putting Port out of the Lukosius running

So it appears according to the report, we're being super active .... Cumming, ANB and Lukosius

Last edited:
SEN caller rumour : Crows into Soldo.

rephrase that for accuracy : Soldo is exploring options being jumped by Dante Vis
Bickley : Crows should explore with ROB 30 years old.
Makes zero sense ....Soldo is on a Strachan level

Another Port supporter trolling the Crows

Adelaide offering Cumming a 5 year deal, looking like trumping GWS 4 year offer on less money
Lukosius having the Crows connection, given Port are leading the way to get Perryman ....port offering big money to trump the GWS offer, thus putting Port out of the Lukosius running

So it appears according to the report, we're being super active .... Cumming, ANB and Lukosius

If we can secure those three only handing over a couple of second rounders we'll have done super well

Just as long as pick 4 is not considered, that would be good business.

I'd assume any trade with GC would include an agreement not to bid on their academy player.

Cumming and ANB excite me the most, in terms of what they can bring to the side. Luko’s a wildcard, one that I hope we don’t give the F1 for

for sure. As I see it, if Keane leaves, then we have Murray and Butts as the 1st 2 key defenders with Worrell as the 3rd man up intercept. One of Murray or butts gets and injury, Borlase comes in and does a decent job, he just about always has done. if another one gets injured, then Worrell steps in as one of the key defenders and Hinge can go 3rd man up intercept as he has done that role before and would be fine doing it again so we have cover
Disagree, the fact Borlase basically only gets a game when injuries intervene tells you where he's at. Time to move on and draft a youngster that has shown signs they will possibly become a best 22 player into the future.

We had the opportunity to re-tool Lachie Gollant but it now looks like he's on the chopping block....if it was me I'd move Borlase on and give Gollant 1 year to see if he can make a fist of defence.

Remember he'd never played forward when drafted, at the Cannons he played a mix of half back/wing and outside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to this - Neither player in the All Australian squad this or last year. Not sure how the picks being thrown up make any sense.

Disagree, the fact Borlase basically only gets a game when injuries intervene tells you where he's at. Time to move on and draft a youngster that has shown signs they will possibly become a best 22 player into the future.

We had the opportunity to re-tool Lachie Gollant but it now looks like he's on the chopping block....if it was me I'd move Borlase on and give Gollant 1 year to see if he can make a fist of defence.

Remember he'd never played forward when drafted, at the Cannons he played a mix of half back/wing and outside mid.
Given that Butts and Murray both get injured regularly, you need at least 1 KPD that has actually played the position before as a backup. Borlase is cheap and is ok until we get a better backup.
Gollant is a hard delist.

I mean they did play Alex Sexton on a back flank all year...
Must admit I don't watch any Gold Coast matches so never knew it was that dire across half back for them. Makes total sense as to why they're going after Rioli and now convinced Noble to join them. Sexton was always a solid forward I thought so having him across half back is interesting

Cumming and ANB excite me the most, in terms of what they can bring to the side. Luko’s a wildcard, one that I hope we don’t give the F1 for
Had no idea who Cumming is or what his first name was. That was a very careful google at work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back