Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 161 82.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This poor development stuff is getting a bit old. RT, Fog, Murray, Worrell, Butts and even Borlase have all developed nicely as KP players on our list.

On top of that, Tex has worked very closely with RT and Fog and would have already been working with Welsh this year too, can't get a better mentor than that.
True, but it’s taken 4 years to develop TT and Fog… Welsh will also require some refinement. He’s a big body, but he’s still a kid, with some serious growing to come.

I don’t think you could argue the time for Butts and Murray - both were in and performing solidly early. Perhaps ceiling - but I would argue Murray has shown signs of being elite already, obviously dependent on health going forward

And even Worrell after some injuries was becoming a first choice player after only 3 years on the list.
Fog took time - but is looking elite now

Borlase was only ever going to be a fringe player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree and remember Butts pantsing Cameron in the Crows massive upset round 1 2021 - in only his 3rd game.

Historically our development of KPD, esp considering price often paid, is perhaps best in the league…since 2000 Rutten,, Bock, Keane, Butts, Murray and first rounders Talia, Davis and Lever. Clearly there is one exception but thankfully George has me on ignore now !

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of variables or permutations, 119 in THIS instance, represents the sum total of the end product of the really big ****ing shellacking of Port Power in the biggest AFL grand final loss in history by the Geelong Football Club.
Exactly, you’ve encapsulated in words what I couldn’t express in numbers

Saying on Fox Footy just now Port will want 2 x First rounders for Dan Houston...

Wowee... The playstation silly season is coming early this year....

Saying on Fox Footy just now Port will want 2 x First rounders for Dan Houston...

I will never forget I got banned on the main forum years ago for saying Hartlett is worth at best an early 2nd rounder. :$

No team would pay that
Isnt that effectively what Port paid for JHF at the end of the day, I know it was a complicated deal involving Junior, but thats what it ended up being.

Port Adelaide

Trade out: Picks 8, 43, 53, 57, 2023 first-round pick, 2023 second-round pick, 2023 third-round pick

Trade in: Jason Horne-Francis, Junior Rioli, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Collingwood), 2023 future third-round pick (tied to Fremantle)

Tell them their dreaming lol.

Houston is 27. He is an all Australian but id say he is a single first rounder and and maybe a low 2nd rounder. At best. Could do some steak Knife selections around that but he is not going to get two first rounders. Port just hoping so they can try and get more c grade missing pieces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back