Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to make 3 picks at the draft, which can include rookie promotions, so this seems unlikely. Assuming McHenry, Gollant, Sloane, Parnell are delisted / retired, and we are after 3 of ANB, Cumming, Luko, Rosas - we're either getting rid of at least 3 of Burgess, Keane, Hberg, Bond, Hamill or other players are going to request a trade while under contract (hopefully not Rachele, I'd be keen for Laird)
Can I suggest we just ask Vader to provide a stocktake each time a re-signing or delisting happens. He seems to keep a closer eye on list numbers including permutations around moving players to the rookie list.

Yeah but there’s front end and back ending.
There’s every possibility that each year increased.
Then there’s making the trigger a smaller figure or keeping it the same.
I can’t see any reason why the trigger year wouldn’t be an equal amount?
Or I should say, I can’t see why a trigger year would be significantly less (as it would be if we gave him a 1 year offer now)
We’ve cost ourselves cap space.
You don't think a player's contract would decrease once they're through their prime years and into their final season or two?

You have to make 3 picks at the draft, which can include rookie promotions, so this seems unlikely. Assuming McHenry, Gollant, Sloane, Parnell are delisted / retired, and we are after 3 of ANB, Cumming, Luko, Rosas - we're either getting rid of at least 3 of Burgess, Keane, Hberg, Bond, Hamill or other players are going to request a trade while under contract (hopefully not Rachele, I'd be keen for Laird)

I think the answer is ultimately going to be that we aren't getting all the players we're linked to, and probably less than half of them.

LOL@ Champ

What a sad flex
As for flexing ol’mate

The carry on with your group of mates is bloody sad
You stick up for each other and back each other no matter what.
I’m sure some of you cringe when comments are made but go along anyway.
Group think is counter productive to an info forum, how about walking to the beat of your own drum
rather than being a nodding follower.

I think the answer is ultimately going to be that we aren't getting all the players we're linked to, and probably less than half of them.
Agree, think it'll be ANB and probably Cumming. Luko price might be too steep, Rosas not a huge priority

Jon Ralph saying Collingwood into Luko while they were under the impression it was a Bowes style salary dump. Not the case, so Pies are out. Said Suns still want a 1st rounder for Luko though.

Fck. We better not be giving up this year's first. And even next year's first must include a pick back or add in Rosas. Even then Luko + Rosas I'm not sure of future first.

This years pick should be off limits ... we need to go to the draft to either pick Draper or O'Sullivan. give GC next years 1st rounder for Luko and Rosas with a 3rd round back too... hopefully the 2025 first rounder is somewhere around pick 12-15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luko and Rosas. Hope to god we dont convince ourselves that a blue chip pick 4 is worth giving up for 2 bit parts.
My intel is that Pick 4 is not being used in a Lukosius trade, best the Suns could hope for is our F1 and they also send back a pick in the 20s. No club is trading a top 5 pick this year with the quality of mids on offer.

Fck. We better not be giving up this year's first. And even next year's first must include a pick back or add in Rosas. Even then Luko + Rosas I'm not sure of future first.
Maybe if our F1 is involved, the Luko + Rosas + 35 for F1 + 43

The pick 35 probably gets ANB done - so you could say our F1 + a 3rd rounder gets Luko, ROsas and ANB. I would be taking that as a decent return considering we will get a top mid at 4 this year AND still have pick 27 to go to the draft with in a strong deep draft.

Naturally only if Luko and Rosas want to come that is

TBH I have no idea, this was 4 years ago when he was in his prime.
But we knew he'd be getting older

I would have thought salaries would be parabolic over a player's career

Maybe ours are more like an upwards ramp!

My intel is that Pick 4 is not being used in a Lukosius trade, best the Suns could hope for is our F1 and they also send back a pick in the 20s. No club is trading a top 5 pick this year with the quality of mids on offer.
hope you are right. Does that mean that Luko is actually happening?

Lads lads lads. In every sense of the word it's salary dump, Ralph, Twomey etc are on the AFL payroll, just the same as Gold Coast. He's like the 5th journalist that's specifically use the term 'not a Bowes situation..'

A 1st rounder might be involved, but there would have to be something significant coming back...

Whenever a club says they're happy for a player to explore their options, 99% of the time they're gone, and if that's the messaging then invariably the player will go for unders.

If they wanted to keep him that would be the messaging, but it's not.

cant say i watch too much of st kilda (for obvious reasons) so is this battle guy really that good? in terms of the money apparently being offered. or are sides really that desperate for any half decent tall defender
Nah he's a fairly mid defender. Must be nice getting top 10 picks for those type of players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back