Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 126 86.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Waterman and Josh Treacy are having better years than him and are of similar age profile.

I'll trust my eye test than meaningless stats he's had against garbage teams.

At 25yo and nearly 100 games, along with being a first round draft pick - fair to say its time we start seeing some huge games.
He’s having a very similar season to Treacy, thanks for bringing him up! I also didn’t realise the Crows are the only club to play rubbish teams to pad their stats.

If you can’t appreciate him having a good season now, I’m not sure you’ll ever recognize it. You bring up 20 disposal and 5 goal games as if that’s common in the modern game, this ain’t the 90s.

I thought it was interesting after they played us Amartey was interviewed in the rooms.
He said he loves playing for Horse, he coaches you to play to your strengths and gives you confidence.

Absolute opposite to Crows development.
Amartey would probably be playing as a defender in the SANFL to learn leading patterns
Amartey has been in the system for nearly a decade and played reserves for most of it. I understand criticisms of the club atm, but some of these examples are really starting to ignore reality.

He’s having a very similar season to Treacy, thanks for bringing him up! I also didn’t realise the Crows are the only club to play rubbish teams to pad their stats.

If you can’t appreciate him having a good season now, I’m not sure you’ll ever recognize it. You bring up 20 disposal and 5 goal games as if that’s common in the modern game, this ain’t the 90s.

Never said he's having a bad season, simply saying for a first round pick KPF at his age and experience he should be consistently kicking goals and every now and again having a big game where he kicks 5+.

At the moment he isn't at the occasional 5+ level like a Curnow, King, Larkey, Hogan, Waterman level.

lets see how he goes rest of the year.

He is currently 4th for score involvements, 1st for goal assists and 3rd for total goals. Not bad for some who is not playing well.

I feel it's the opposite, his good pieces of play don't get highlighted and people are only focusing on the couple of bad things he does. This would not be helping with his confidence and overall demeanour out there.

View attachment 2026399

View attachment 2026397

View attachment 2026401
Didn’t realise he’s kicked 17 already, so he’s in line for about a 30 goal season which isn’t bad considering how ****ed we are

Bear in mind that he's been playing in front of Fitzroy quality performances in each of those three games

I didn't think he was great against the Hawks, but not really sure how anyone faults him against the other two.

Against Sydney for example he took a nice mark and converted at what should have been an important time in the game. Soligo goals immediately afterwards. The ball is basically never up there for the next quarter and a half.

We fault him for the stat count?

I mean, he plays in the forward line…although I think everyone was hoping for more than 17 goals and 12 goal assists from 14 games.

But that’s not really the point.
The overall positions are in context of an entire team performance. There's no reason why under a good coach/gameplan he can't retain those positions in a side that is capable of consistently scoring. Then what's his output looking like?

I didn't think he was great against the Hawks, but not really sure how anyone faults him against the other two.

Against Sydney for example he took a nice mark and converted at what should have been an important time in the game. Soligo goals immediately afterwards. The ball is basically never up there for the next quarter and a half.

We fault him for the stat count?
35 inside 50s to 61 says it all. We were as efficient as them once inside 50, our mids just couldn’t get it in there.

Never said he's having a bad season, simply saying for a first round pick KPF at his age and experience he should be consistently kicking goals and every now and again having a big game where he kicks 5+.

At the moment he isn't at the occasional 5+ level like a Curnow, King, Larkey, Hogan, Waterman level.

lets see how he goes rest of the year.
All drafted as KPF's

Pick 1

Pick 1

Pick 3

Pick 8

Pick 1
''Pick 1

Pick 1

Pick 2

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is everyone talking about Fog and Rachele when we still have Murphy, McHenry, Jones, ROB, Smith, Laird as regular first players.

Because these are players that some fans have complained the club has mishandled at times in their career, so the club defence protocol requires that people pour shit on them to defend administrators.

Right now he's not in a good place with his game and I wouldn't be playing him mid.

I watch every game, I know he played midfield early last year and also pinch hit throughout the season. He was ok, had a couple of good games but very successful I think is a stretch. In the best players maybe twice, no coaches votes. Maybe they saw some things that made them prefer others. Maybe it was his defensive efforts, or just as likely he was playing as a mid who drifted forward - which feels like his natural place in the game. But of those guys who play that kind of game, none of them played full time mid in their early days. Ablett didn't go full time in the midfield until his 5th season.

His reluctance to engage strongly with the game this season I feel is a totally different and likely more personal issue. To say it's because he's not playing in the midfield I think is too simplistic.
He averaged 20 disposal and kicked 10.10 in the first 8 games for a 2nd year player transitioning into the midfield isn't considered successful to you? No doubt he had some poor and even very poor effort this year which I didn't noticed last year when he played full midfield for the first 8 games but did noticed some poor effort in his first year when he played forward, he also had some strong and very strong effort this year.

Right now he's not in a good place with his game and I wouldn't be playing him mid.

I watch every game, I know he played midfield early last year and also pinch hit throughout the season. He was ok, had a couple of good games but very successful I think is a stretch. In the best players maybe twice, no coaches votes. Maybe they saw some things that made them prefer others. Maybe it was his defensive efforts, or just as likely he was playing as a mid who drifted forward - which feels like his natural place in the game. But of those guys who play that kind of game, none of them played full time mid in their early days. Ablett didn't go full time in the midfield until his 5th season.

His reluctance to engage strongly with the game this season I feel is a totally different and likely more personal issue. To say it's because he's not playing in the midfield I think is too simplistic.

I’m not convinced you do watch every game.

If you think Rachele is our main problem then I’ve got a bridge to sell to you.

Just saying.

I mean, he plays in the forward line…although I think everyone was hoping for more than 17 goals and 12 goal assists from 14 games.

But it is the point. AFL wise he is above average in his 3rd year, not elite yet but above average.

Now where is Murphy on those lists?

Not really, Rachele mentioned that Nicks wanted to playing to try him in a different role this year. More up the field so not really midfield or forward.

I’m not convinced you do watch every game.

If you think Rachele is our main problem then I’ve got a bridge to sell to you.

Just saying.
What you think has zero influence on my life.

And Rachelle being our main problem are your words. I’ve never said anything like that.

You’re ‘just saying’ to yourself.

But it is the point. AFL wise he is above average in his 3rd year, not elite yet but above average.

Now where is Murphy on those lists?
It might be the point you’re making but not the one I am.

Everyone wants to say their piece for sure but either follow along or reply to another comment that relates to what you’re saying.

I wonder why people want Tex to play on?

Is it the last of the 2009/2010 players and the supporters don't want to feel old

Or is it that they think Tex will teach the new gen before he goes, the new Gen that fight over the scraps after Tex gets his?

Or do they think next year is our year?

The time has come, it sucks, it does but we may still be a few years before finals, Tex next year probably makes it one more year.
  • High football IQ, one of our best inside 50 kicks and isn't selfish with ball in hand.
  • Leadership both on and off-field, can takes some heat off the other guys -always mindful of clearing out all the senior guys asap for the reason that they won't be around for the next run at a flag because those teams that do just seem to suffer greatly as a consequence (late 2000's Melb and North mid 2010's).
  • One of the few I truly enjoy watching play when we're such a frustrating team to watch otherwise.

Can acknowledge at 34 he's probably got one more season at best and finals aspirations for next season seeming average at best. TT and Fog seem to be the duo yet an injury to one of these guys as we've had this year and the next man up seems a long way off.

Rather see how he finishes off the season before a call is made one way or another but would rather move on other senior guys like Smith first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Back