Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 127 87.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don’t rate him, his kicking is too sus

There's some good mids out there that have poor disposal by foot.

I have a soft spot for him and would rather keep him as our grunt inside mid over Crouch and Laird. Just need to get the structure right in the middle.

Can’t believe people saying he’s no good.
I was saying his stats are terrible because they're playing him out of position (forward) in the AFL, yet he's been dominant in the midfield in the VFL. I felt like he was our Dowling (dominant mid SANFL, promoted to forward AFL).

They finally gave him a decent crack at the midfield and it paid off.

1720402160286.png

So... Phillipou straight swap for Berry yeah?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

So... Phillipou straight swap for Berry yeah?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN
To be fair, berry played a good game yesterday himself. Got things moving in the centre a few times and looked good in possession

19 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 inside 50's, 94.7% disposal efficiency, 6 score involvements and 8 contested possessions. And he did it up against a very strong opposition midfield

Would people be willing to have a less competent but presumably less expensive fitness coach if it meant hiring more/better assistants? I'd like to keep Burgess but our coaches suck too much to really profit from his expertise.

Didn’t Burgess buy into a fitness centre and say that he was going to be hands on. Might have our minds made up for us end of this year anyway.

To be fair, berry played a good game yesterday himself. Got things moving in the centre a few times and looked good in possession

19 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 inside 50's, 94.7% disposal efficiency, 6 score involvements and 8 contested possessions. And he did it up against a very strong opposition midfield
Don't disagree. But he's no Phillipou.

There's some good mids out there that have poor disposal by foot.

I have a soft spot for him and would rather keep him as our grunt inside mid over Crouch and Laird. Just need to get the structure right in the middle.

That’s where I’m at. He has a point of difference in that he’ll take opponents on and try to get out of the contested area on foot. Or hold the ball and delay the give to remove the opponent from impacting the receiver. Just needs to get a bit more of the ball, but would back him in if neither of Laird/Crouch were there.

Don't feel bad you had some mates believe me.

What people don't get is if Mattaes was born 4 or 5 days later he'd have been in the same draft as Dan Curtin who is only 3 months younger. Don't make the same mistake with his brother Jevan who can also really play. Plenty of X factor
View attachment 2042337
As a father or two I'm usually very 'each to their own' when it comes to this sort of thing, but who the heck names their child "Jevan"?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Burgess buy into a fitness centre and say that he was going to be hands on. Might have our minds made up for us end of this year anyway.
If we can use the resources to get better assistants and still hire a decent fitness coach, it might not be a bad thing. I don't believe there is a dichotomy that exists where if you don't have an industry leading fitness coach like Burgo, you'll end up with Birdbrain/Hass levels of incompetence.

We could do what other, successful clubs do - pay the luxury tax.
Who are we sure are doing that?

Essendon said they would the year after sacking Rutten - which makes you think they didn't before or after that year, if it's extraordinary - and Collingwood said a month ago they were prepared to do it, without actually saying they already were.

But I agree. It's a ridiculous area to cut costs in.

Yeah but I'm going under the assumption we won't do that. Just look at the bargain bin group of losers we have currently. Does that look like a club that's going to spend money?
People just don't want to live in Adelaide. Stewie Dew is doing a part time job for Brisbane and only started THAT a month or so ago - and he still didn't want a full time gig in SA for either club.

People just don't want to live in Adelaide. Stewie Dew is doing a part time job for Brisbane and only started THAT a month or so ago - and he still didn't want a full time gig in SA for either club.
If this is true, we may as well pack it all in if we aren't willing to pay the luxury tax (and we aren't).

We'd probably need to give them pick 5 alone for them to take Burgess back.

But (kinda) jokes aside, it does raise an interesting scenario where GC will be looking to get up the board ahead of a bid for Lombard, who I'm sure they would've been horrified to see blitz the carnival and likely move above their current pick 8.

That does throw up some interesting trade scenarios; currently we're at 5, 27 and they're at 8, 10, 20, 28, 31.

5 & 27 for 8 & 10 would be the dream but 5 for 8 & 20 wouldn't be the worst either, especially this year where you can throw a blanket over 12-25. Anyone worrying about moving down from 5, as long as we're in the top 10, I think we get a top tier mid - and a Murphy Reid or Moraes may well end up being better than a Jagga Smith or Draper.

Wouldn't be my preference - rather 2 mids or a mid + small forward/ruck - but Lukosius could also possibly be part of that deal, given he'd be taking up a big chunk of their cap that they'll need very soon and he isn't really a Hardwick friendly style of player.
Thinking about this a bit more, if I was gold coast I'd be looking at north's pick too. North don't need another mid, but 2 x picks for key position players in the top 10ish would be ideal for them

Or even richmond. This could well be the year to trade down and cash in the gold coast needing a top 2-3 pick.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a father or two I'm usually very 'each to their own' when it comes to this sort of thing, but who the heck names their child "Jevan"?!
My thought too, but google tells me it's a real name.

I’m going to go out on a whim and say the same people who would name their child Matteas
And likewise. Means "Gift of God" and something about coconuts...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Back