VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG our list is a mess. Sandringham have no key forwards, had more inside 50's and getting pumped. Allison WTF did anyone see in him, the guy plays like tinker bell he has no ticker and no idea.

Then we recruit a player like Stocker who was drafted as a midfielder and Batchelor doesnt see fit to give him a run through the midfield when Seb Ross has been putrid. Yes our list is average but so is the coaching this year IMO with so many players going backwards and players like Lyons previous era getting pidgeon holed.

Batchelor didnt dare to win the game until 10 minutes into the last quater where Sydney got 26 points ahead. Why wait so f.... long into the game to make some moves to get the side going, really poor coaching and very Lyon like.

Have a look at Geelong FFS they were out of form so Chris Scott threw the magnets around with Stewart, Duncan and De Koning into the middle because they were getting shut down in defence and bingo. After two games they have their mojo back, Lyon and his coaches are so f.... rigid in there structures and set ups it allows no room for lateral thinking.

Last edited:
If lancey boy was dropped from Sandy where would he play?
Is it even possible to be dropped
From Sandy???
The lad needs to snap out of his mood or be shipped out.
No idea but the lack of effort might be part of his/managers plan to see him shipped back over the Nullarbor at the end of the season. Wouldn’t be the first time.

OMG our list is a mess. Sandringham have no key forwards, had more inside 50's and getting pumped. Allison WTF did anyone see in him, the guy plays like tinker bell he has no ticker and no idea.

Then we recruit a player like Stocker who was drafted as a midfielder and Batchelor doesnt see fit to give him a run through the midfield when Seb Ross has been putrid. Yes our list is average but so is the coaching this year IMO with so many players going backwards and players like Lyons previous era getting pidgeon holed.

Have a look at Geelong FFS they were out of form so Chris Scott threw the magnets around with Stewart, Duncan and De Koning into the middle because they were getting shut down in defence and bingo. After two games they have their mojo back, Lyon and his coaches are so f.... rigid in there structures and set ups it allows no room for lateral thinking.
The coaches are quite conservative with their moves. Hammer to defense probably the biggest risk we’ve taken.
I’m hoping they’ll take a punt and give Hall a crack in the midfield today.
Look 👀 it couldn’t be any worse.

Watched the whole game and some thoughts

Moose coming along nicely
Garcia also, he looks like he will come and be a very good player
Seb will probably retire at the end of the season.
Keeler should be played forward instead of Allison
Allison will go at end of the season
Why wasn’t Stocker playing midfield
Not sure Hotton will be retained either
Gus McLellan apart from his disposal seems a likely type. I’d give him a game before the end of the season.
Collard - I think he will ask for a trade back home, looks disinterested

No idea but the lack of effort might be part of his/managers plan to see him shipped back over the Nullarbor at the end of the season. Wouldn’t be the first time.
In regard to Collard, suggest we quietly go to the Eagles and Dockers this trade period and auction him off for the best pick offered. He is clearly talented but is doing nothing for the Saints. Need to offload him before his value completely disappears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batchelor didnt dare to win the game until 10 minutes into the last quater where Sydney got 26 points ahead. Why wait so f.... long into the game to make some moves to get the side going, really poor caoching and very Lyon like.

Sandy will be instructed where to position them by the Saints.

Cololololollard.
2 touches. 0 goals 0.
1 tackle.
Who Cares Go Away GIF by Simian Reflux

God Collard is frustrating. Clearly has talent but seems very disinterested. We’ll trade him back west for peanuts and he’ll turn into a star. If we’re getting very little this offseason in a potential trade may as well hold him for the 2nd year of his deal and hope like hell the penny drops and he matures and starts trying.

God Collard is frustrating. Clearly has talent but seems very disinterested. We’ll trade him back west for peanuts and he’ll turn into a star. If we’re getting very little this offseason in a potential trade may as well hold him for the 2nd year of his deal and hope like hell the penny drops and he matures and starts trying.
On trade night it was deemed a risk at the time. I will reserve my judgment until something is actually confirmed by the club or by Collard. We don’t know the full story and as far as I’m aware, no ITK Saints people have stated otherwise.

I heard Allison spray collard for not giving the hand ball. Then Lance kept making half ass efforts on the lead and spraying people for not kicking it to him. Everyone was ignoring him. Keeler went and had a word for him a couple of time but it didn’t help. Then they made him do sprints at the end of the game.
Never seen anything like it. Alarm bells!!!

I heard Allison spray collard for not giving the hand ball. Then Lance kept making half ass efforts on the lead and spraying people for not kicking it to him. Everyone was ignoring him. Keeler went and had a word for him a couple of time but it didn’t help. Then they made him do sprints at the end of the game.
Never seen anything like it. Alarm bells!!!
Footage of Collard
Sad Cry Baby GIF by Aaron Taos

On trade night it was deemed a risk at the time. I will reserve my judgment until something is actually confirmed by the club or by Collard. We don’t know the full story and as far as I’m aware, no ITK Saints people have stated otherwise.
That’s fair and I hope we’re jumping at shadows. I’ve been a huge fan of collards and have defended him many times but I’m struggling to keep defending him. He is so static even on plays when he could easily become an option. Perhaps he’s sick of being burnt by our poor entries. He doesn’t seem like a kid who will respond to tough love. Perhaps they need to try and give him a run off half back and get the ball into his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back