Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely can’t understand the bulldogs gripe here.

Playing their first final in Vic since 2016 and they are more concerned that it will clash with an AFLW game 🤣

Talk about having a sook.

Weird little club

Dogs supporter here I come in peace.

I don’t think the supporters give a shit about the scheduling clashing with AFLW, it is what it is.

Also regarding Jones, he will get a week but most people assume he will get off with a challenge (including media personnel like Jon Ralph and Tom Morris).

Dogs have a strong case, as Cadman didn’t hit his head, wasn’t even taken off for a HIA. It was one motion, no sling involved.

Looking forward to next Friday, it’ll be a cracking game. Whichever team wins has an easy game the week after against Geelong.

Ticketing Info

On Sale Schedule: Wed 28 Aug
MCC Members: 9am (AEST)
Club Members: 10am to 2pm (AEST) *unless sold prior
AFL Members:12pm (AEST)
General Public: 3pm (AEST)

We had the 'best tagger in the game' operating last year. We still have that tagger, but Sammy has hardly seemed to have used him in that role at all this year. I imagine that the thinking around that is that our charging and attacking game style this year has no room for those kind of negating tactics??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early prediction: Ginnivan to bleach his hair

Had the same thought earlier today, but after my ‘do we go left field with a tall’ question was savaged, I figured I’d leave hair color alone.

But you know he will!!

Hope he lights it up too, if all of the smalls are on we likely move into week 2.

We had the 'best tagger in the game' operating last year. We still have that tagger, but Sammy has hardly seemed to have used him in that role at all this year. I imagine that the thinking around that is that our charging and attacking game style this year has no room for those kind of negating tactics??

As someone pointed out to me yesterday, we live and die by the sword.

You could see it coming after last year’s draft haul.

We’re playing another game to everyone else, and we’re all in.

Dear to arrive and kick 8 goals, like Buddy did in 2008 in the Hawks v dogs qualifying final.

Just to be clear, Buddy had already arrived when he kicked eight against the Dogs. I assume you're referring to Franklin kicking eight on Morris and Lake in 2008 rather than Buddy arriving.

Just to be clear, Buddy had already arrived when he kicked eight against the Dogs. I assume you're referring to Franklin kicking eight on Morris and Lake in 2008 rather than Buddy arriving.
Yeah he'd just kicked a sneaky 100 that year. That game was one of his masterpieces though. He was absolutely unstoppable and nearly every goal he kicked was a gem.

Every time we’ve played the Doggies in the last 2 years it’s been Nash using his size to try and negate Bont.

I’m a fan of Finn but I can’t see him playing this one unless Day doesn’t get up
I agree Finn is likely to be the one to make way.

The dogs do have a few we could look at that do the flash work on the outside easier to limit those types.(Richards. Dale) Dale ave elite in dispoals, kicks and meters gained.

Long range forecast is 18C and sunny. Which means its gunna piss down with possible snow flurries inexplicably followed by sunny breaks
Sunny breaks at 9pm in September is an interesting development

Franklin announced himself as a big-game player in the 2007 elimination final. I was right behind him when he took that set shot for his seventh and winning goal. I took a video that I uploaded to Youtube of him kicking the goal, but I can't for the life of me find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back