Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we played you boys we hadn't yet made the two tactical changes that completely revitalised our team.

1)Putting Ed Richards into the Midfield rotation
2) Chucking the Lobbster down back.

These are the only factors that make me a little confident, still shit scared though

It will be won and lost in the middle, I guarantee it.

Last time we played you boys we hadn't yet made the two tactical changes that completely revitalised our team.

1)Putting Ed Richards into the Midfield rotation
2) Chucking the Lobbster down back.

These are the only factors that make me a little confident, still shit scared though

It will be won and lost in the middle, I guarantee it.
Both very different sides last time and in very different form. Prior meetings hold little relevance in this match up.

To the Bulldogs supporters posting on this thread, just be mindful of the board on which you're presently a guest. Don't push your luck, because I can't be bothered warning supporters this afternoon. I'll just ban.

If styles make fights then this is the ultimate one.

I really wanted to avoid the dogs but I'd prefer to have them first up and be on this side of the draw with the possibility of Geelong at the G the week after.

We saw with Hogan that we are vulnerable to the gorilla forward, and although the Dogs have 3 very good tall weapons, they're not built in the Hogan mould, and we are far more suited to defend the rangy athletic types.

The Dogs are used to playing under the roof on a fast deck with smaller dimensions (which by the way it seems some have forgotten we played them there and won), they were belted by both Adelaide teams at AO (wider like the MCG) and have only played at the G twice this year. They also won big in Geelong which lends to the theory they do prefer tighter dimensions.

This Hawks group has proven time and time again they rise to the occasion, they love the crowd and they love the moment. They absolutely have the belief, and that's half the battle. You really think THIS team isn't out to prove a massive point to the AFL? On top of this you're giving Sam Mitchell of all people a full 2 weeks to plan and prep, he will leave no stone unturned.

They've been doubted every step of the way. From "they are awful" to "they're playing better but can't sustain it" to "they're sustaining it but can't make finals".
Let me tell you this team DNGAF whether the media think they can't do it, or that this year doesn't matter and they'll have their chances over the next 5 years. They aren't here to make up the numbers and they aren't satisfied just to come this far, they are here to win it all. First step starts here, you've gotta beat the best to be the best. I have the faith.

Hopefully Hawks have Day back and firing so it’s not a total blowout.
You have mistaken this thread for one where Dogs fans come and talk shit.

It isn't.

Consider yourself told.

I’m happy Jones didn’t get rubbed out for that on a number of fronts.

1. There was no malice in it.
2. His head didn’t impact the ground
3. He played on and wasn’t hurt.
4. Jones is on 199 games and has never played a final.
5. He seems like a nice guy.
6. There is always a finals consideration which tips decisions to avoid players missing finals for line-ball indiscretions.
7. We need to play whoever is in front of us.
8. He’s a tall interceptor which is a complete mismatch for our forward line. Who does he play on? Dear? Great. Calsher’s job will be to bring the ball to ground and let’s see how that dogs backline copes with their big clumsy defenders loping around like giraffes while Watson and ginnivan tear through the zone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, we haven't even played yet - haven't even had one session on the track yet - and you're already writing the concession speech.

Our boys are going to come out like fire. And play their guts out until the last siren. The Doggies may win, but they'll never beat this crew. If anyone breaks, it will be the Doggies.

AND don't forget the Hawthorn faithful! We'll be cheering on #Hokball until our voices give out (or we had better be doing our part). All the way to #flaghok!
I'm with you on this. I have kept reminding myself for much of this year not to expect too much as we are young, we'll be inconsistent etc. But so far they have performed way above my deliberately measured expectations. Why should that suddenly stop? The youngest amongst our lot NEVER give up (Dear and Watson), the next crop above have a fair amount of experience by now. We have a fair few wise old heads too.

This is a settled line up. I don't see us just falling apart or not giving it everything. I think we have every chance of winning this. I was worried that we would run out of petrol tickets but with the bye I think that's no longer relevant.

Can't wait to go and support them. Husband's birthday the next day. Hopefully an early birthday present!

Last edited:
Nick Watson.

19a33405-722e-4064-93b8-661d16cea505_text.gif

Got yourself another burner Cadillac ?

View attachment 2092487
Is this the goose who came and trolled our board after a match sim at that dump they train at in Footscray after Sanders towelled us up in a bruise free glorified training run?

Watsons primed to tear a final apart and Sanders can’t get a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back