Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we played you boys we hadn't yet made the two tactical changes that completely revitalised our team.

1)Putting Ed Richards into the Midfield rotation
2) Chucking the Lobbster down back.

These are the only factors that make me a little confident, still shit scared though

It will be won and lost in the middle, I guarantee it.
And we were 1-7 at your home ground 🤣

Jones is a donkey with zero turning circle, once it hits the ground he’s useless.
Lobb has looked good down back, let’s see him do it with Chols knee in his back over and over.

Whoever Bramble plays on, kick it to him, can’t defend to save his life.

Genuinely dislike the Dogs, not sure why, they are largely irrelevant in the competition but they are pretty chirpy all of a sudden.

Last edited:
team is pretty straightforward i reckon

Day for finn if fit
CJ for a very unlucky morrison if fit.

Bruest sub

Even if worst case Day and CJ miss, i’d strongly consider ward over finn.

Jones, Lobb and who are their defenders?

I’m curious as to who Gunston takes out of the game and then manages to quietly kick 5 on.

Jones is a quality full back but he’s not great when the ball hits the ground. We’ll likely use Gunston as a tagger.

Lobb has been a wall since moved to defence. Very much a see ball, mark ball type. He will trouble Chol aerially (Cholly doesn’t like contact in marking contests) but Chol could trouble him with his mobility.

Dear vs O’Donnell will be a fun match up.

From there their smalls are very potent offensively but will struggle with our forward pressure. We all know what happens to Bramble when subject to high heat and nothing has changed. They have multiple of those types.

Game will live and die by the midfield. If the Dogs can set up defensively thanks to their midfield dominance it will protect their weaknesses and make it hard to score. Same is true for us though.

Not sure if this is the place for it or if it’s allowed but - I’m desperately seeking a couple of extra tickets for Fridays game. If anyone on here might have a spare membership barcode to get into the allocation that can’t make it I’d be happy to compensate you for your troubles!

I have 2 flexi 10 memberships but only have been sent one barcode allowing me to get just the 2 seats, and hopefully looking for 6 seats in total but 4 would also be a great win. Thanks !!

(Edit - I have no idea what’s the best way to go about getting tickets so any advice would be much appreciated!)

Jones is a quality full back but he’s not great when the ball hits the ground. We’ll likely use Gunston as a tagger.

Lobb has been a wall since moved to defence. Very much a see ball, mark ball type. He will trouble Chol aerially (Cholly doesn’t like contact in marking contests) but Chol could trouble him with his mobility.

Dear vs O’Donnell will be a fun match up.

From there their smalls are very potent offensively but will struggle with our forward pressure. We all know what happens to Bramble when subject to high heat and nothing has changed. They have multiple of those types.

Game will live and die by the midfield. If the Dogs can set up defensively thanks to their midfield dominance it will protect their weaknesses and make it hard to score. Same is true for us though.
Meek v English, the key to the whole game.

Last time we played you boys we hadn't yet made the two tactical changes that completely revitalised our team.

1)Putting Ed Richards into the Midfield rotation
2) Chucking the Lobbster down back.

These are the only factors that make me a little confident, still shit scared though

It will be won and lost in the middle, I guarantee it.
Agree on the first part but for us I reckon it’s our half forward flankers, if their on we win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people think the attendance turnout will be for this one? Could easily see it being 90k+, I think a lot of neutral supporters would be interested in this game
I agree. MCC should get pretty full.

Here Here.

I had a look at their board when Dear got the rising star nominations and some of the shit was ****ing disgusting.

So I agree 100%
**** off back to you own board, you 2 Premierships Minnow Flogs.

Nail, Hammer, Head. Part of me wishes Covid went the other way and the AFL folded some of the povo minnow clubs instead of getting Hawthorn, the Pies, Richmond and West Coast to bankroll them with ‘equalisation’

You can understand the grievance by Foot-is-gray supporters (are they even the same club anymore?), ‘home final’ and they'll be outnumbered 3-to-1 at our ground

Dale, Duryea, Bramble, ODonnell.
Dale is the one we need to limit . Very damaging and links with their mids and then forwards .
He might be one we can get the other way and have him nervy .

Duryea is a warrior, but slowing up Bramble pedestrian with poor skills under pressure and O'Donnell doesn't have a great match up on our forwards.

Lobb is an inexperienced AFL backman with 2 months of good football .
Jones great in the air and intercepting not so great on the ground .

Plenty of things in that group for us to exploit if we are good enough .

Dale is the one we need to limit . Very damaging and links with their mids and then forwards .
He might be one we can get the other way and have him nervy .

Duryea is a warrior, but slowing up Bramble pedestrian with poor skills under pressure and O'Donnell doesn't have a great match up on our forwards.

Lobb is an inexperienced AFL backman with 2 months of good football .
Jones great in the air and intercepting not so great on the ground .

Plenty of things in that group for us to exploit if we are good enough .
Dale is a certified gun.

We could go a number of differnt options but it will be a team a defence that does it. I feel Sicily will play the last line and look to direct traffic.

Scrimshaw - Naughton.
Weddle - JGH.
Frost - Darcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back