Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who they play on Chol, Jones or Lobb.

I know they will want to keep Lobb free so he can intercept but will Chol be to athletic for Jones so he will go to Dear.

And Chol will keep Lobb accountable.

Last edited:
View attachment 2092593

C’mon man, Young’s face hit the turf so hard his head bounced off the ground and you’re comparing it to that? You can literally see the ripple through Young’s face mashing into the ground.

View attachment 2092595
He still hit his head on the ground which you are claiming he didn't. If this wasn't a final, he's be gone.

I wonder who they play on Chol, Jones or Lobb.

I know they will want to keep Lobb free so he can intercept but will Chol be to athletic for Jones so he will go to Dear.

And Chol will keep Lobb accountable.
Don't be surprised if Gunston gets a role keeping an intercept player accountable. Been doing it very well and smartly, and kicking goals when they get loose on him.

Scrimshaw held him to 1 goal last time, so probably go the same match up.
It will be the usual team effort, with the hope of exploiting their talls going the other way. As always, if they get quick forward entries we can be vulnerable against tall forwards, so the more important thing will be our pressure game up field. But we've done well exploiting tall forward lines the other way with our running backs.

Liam Jones avoiding suspension is great for us. Grade A spud. We should be playing through him when possible

Forget ladder positions, given the form of both teams, this is match of the round isn't it!?

Do we see the Caleb Daniel vs Watson match-up?

Surely Jones goes to Chol, Dale runs off Gunners and Lobb tries to nullify Dear's aerial prowess with sheer height. Not sure what O'Donnell does, unless they put him on Chol w/ Jones on Gunners and Dale on one of our smalls.

JUH had a poor day in front of the sticks last time we met, not sure how we match-up on their KPFs.. Frost on Naughton, Scrim on JUH & Sic swapping with Weddle on Darcy?

Day for Maginness is an obvious change.. If Day doesn't get up, we could bring CJ in for Finn, but I don't see us dropping Harry for CJ. I've got nothing against CJ, but minimising change to a winning line-up should be a priority.

As long as we bring our A game, I think we'll be fine. My only fear is that we let the pressure get to us, which can manifest in many ways. We've been flogging teams of late, so haven't had to deal with much adversity in-game. As long as we can absorb the early pressure, settle into the game and kick the goals we should kick, I think we win this.

Seems like the Dogs supporters need a second kennel for the next fortnight. If any of you are the ones who trolled the Dear family a few weeks back, or liked the posts that did, can I kindly ask that you go and get ****ed and never come back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we played you boys we hadn't yet made the two tactical changes that completely revitalised our team.

1)Putting Ed Richards into the Midfield rotation
2) Chucking the Lobbster down back.

These are the only factors that make me a little confident, still shit scared though

It will be won and lost in the middle, I guarantee it.

Ed Richards has been a revelation in the midfield. He's taken to the Smith hard-running midfield role really well.

We aren't going to be able to shut down The Bont, Treloar, Libba and Richards. We will just have up go head-to-head. It should be a great battle if we get Day back.

Still hoping for Day to get up for this game of course but after watching Frenchie and Croc spending more time in the middle on Saturday it was quite obvious that Sam is putting in thought/time/work to cover him. Not as worried as I was last week. Brilliant to see that we are building a team that doesn’t rely on any individual and that spreading the load is the go

Only worry I have is they may get the jump on us. Watching the last quarter of the North game it was a waltz in the park' Hawks barely tackled, just waited for North turnover. The pressure gauge must have been down to 0-10%.

Dixie is far more polite than I am.

Can you dog posters **** off back to your own board?
Ditto.

Apologies to the couple who have popped in just to talk match-ups, but your idiot mates coming here to talk shit and 'lulwat?' people here can **** off.

Dixie is far more polite than I am.

Can you dog posters **** off back to your own board?
Here Here.

I had a look at their board when Dear got the rising star nominations and some of the shit was ****ing disgusting.

So I agree 100%

**** off back to you own board, you 2 Premierships Minnow Flogs.

Last edited:
We all would have been filthy if any of our boys were suspended for a similar tackle to Jones. I'm fine with it.

So excited for this game. Friday night is pasta night with the Italian in laws. I've barely had to miss a game in the 5 years the traditions has been going. I'm now firmly enough entrenched that I can chuck the footy on. Bloody stoked that they'll have to watch a lot of Hawthorn over the next few years.

I reckon they'll have a favourite player in Massimo D'Ambrosio playing very good footy for us for a very long time.

Forget ladder positions, given the form of both teams, this is match of the round isn't it!?

Do we see the Caleb Daniel vs Watson match-up?

Surely Jones goes to Chol, Dale runs off Gunners and Lobb tries to nullify Dear's aerial prowess with sheer height. Not sure what O'Donnell does, unless they put him on Chol w/ Jones on Gunners and Dale on one of our smalls.

JUH had a poor day in front of the sticks last time we met, not sure how we match-up on their KPFs.. Frost on Naughton, Scrim on JUH & Sic swapping with Weddle on Darcy?

Day for Maginness is an obvious change.. If Day doesn't get up, we could bring CJ in for Finn, but I don't see us dropping Harry for CJ. I've got nothing against CJ, but minimising change to a winning line-up should be a priority.

As long as we bring our A game, I think we'll be fine. My only fear is that we let the pressure get to us, which can manifest in many ways. We've been flogging teams of late, so haven't had to deal with much adversity in-game. As long as we can absorb the early pressure, settle into the game and kick the goals we should kick, I think we win this.
I think your pretty spot on. But i think gunston goes to jones to nullify him
ie. The roles he played on taylor and wietering etc

Here Here.

I had a look at their board when Dear got the rising star nominations and some of the shit was ****ing disgusting.

So I agree 100%
**** off back to you own board, you 2 Premierships Minnow Flogs.
Fish rots at the head there , was deemed acceptable by the clowns running the show on their board .

It's a shame as I like some decent oppo discussion and welcome it , in this case unfortunately they can all move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back