Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure!
"Who are you guys going to have defend English?"
Incredulous Bill Murray GIF by reactionseditor

Franklin announced himself as a big-game player in the 2007 elimination final. I was right behind him when he took that set shot for his seventh and winning goal. I took a video that I uploaded to Youtube of him kicking the goal, but I can't for the life of me find it.
Found it for you.

The question for the dogs supporters is where will they hide Karmis.
He is a VFL player, if the team defence falls apart, he will be exposed and his opponent(s) will
have a day out.
khamis got dropped by the dogs for the final round though? crazy bevo probably would have named him to replace jones for the final but jones didn't get suspended

We also had a few other crucial outs like Westy. It’ll be a completely different team this time around.

Hopefully Hawks have Day back and firing so it’s not a total blowout.
Fantastic - so no excuses

Lets have a look at how good that Doggies defence is. Coz your big forward might kick a few, but as recent histroy shows, tall forwards have not been a factor or reason finalists have progressed.

I’m happy Jones didn’t get rubbed out for that on a number of fronts.

1. There was no malice in it.
2. His head didn’t impact the ground
3. He played on and wasn’t hurt.
4. Jones is on 199 games and has never played a final.
5. He seems like a nice guy.
6. There is always a finals consideration which tips decisions to avoid players missing finals for line-ball indiscretions.
7. We need to play whoever is in front of us.
8. He’s a tall interceptor which is a complete mismatch for our forward line. Who does he play on? Dear? Great. Calsher’s job will be to bring the ball to ground and let’s see how that dogs backline copes with their big clumsy defenders loping around like giraffes while Watson and ginnivan tear through the zone.
Tell that to Lachie Ash (Giants) who copped 1 week for an identical tackle

The question for the dogs supporters is where will they hide Karmis.
He is a VFL player, if the team defence falls apart, he will be exposed and his opponent(s) will
have a day out.
I think we'll go against giving Hawthorn an extra two players on the field in Charlie Clarke and Buku Khamis. It did not work well for us earlier in the year. VFL standard, and will be playing at Whitten Oval I would imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we played you boys we hadn't yet made the two tactical changes that completely revitalised our team.

1)Putting Ed Richards into the Midfield rotation
2) Chucking the Lobbster down back.

These are the only factors that make me a little confident, still shit scared though

It will be won and lost in the middle, I guarantee it.

Last time we played you boys we were 1-6 with a percentage sub 70.

Both teams are flying. Should be a good game.

Last edited:
So you’d imagine the changes to be (dependent on how Daysy is feeling) :

In: Day; CJ
Out: Morrison; Maginess

Would be the strongest 22 we could field!

HokBall will DESTROY them.

I’d wonder whether maginess stays in to play on one of the dogs mids. Could even go on the Bont, fast enough, fit enough and strong enough. Can also hurt him going the other way .

What are the rules(if any) around VFL finals? If we play a CJ/HM/Finn in the VFL next week can they still be selected for the EF against Doggies?

Is this the goose who came and trolled our board after a match sim at that dump they train at in Footscray after Sanders towelled us up in a bruise free glorified training run?

Watsons primed to tear a final apart and Sanders can’t get a game.
Thats him - yep....

that was choice trolling from him

Just to be clear, Buddy had already arrived when he kicked eight against the Dogs. I assume you're referring to Franklin kicking eight on Morris and Lake in 2008 rather than Buddy arriving.

Yeah I know he did just saying Dear to have a break out game by kicking 8 like Buddy did in the final is what I meant.

what are the chances this will sell out only to members?
I need to get some extra tickets for friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back