Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't knock the dogs, we might have endless boring premierships to rewatch but the doggies have these classics to look back on.

View attachment 2094337 View attachment 2094339

Hot Dogs......commentary from Doug Hawkins. You think Brownie is bad, holy shit just wait to you hear him speak. :laughv1:
They brought out a video to celebrate a straight sets exit (1994).
Just wow!

Is it weird that I'm more confident about us this season than 2018 where we were top 4?

In previous years you've been able to use your AFL Members barcode (with Hawks support) to get tickets through club members as well. Anyone know if that's still the case?

1994 was a season to savour? They finished 5th and went out in straight sets under the old McIntyre system, losing their second final by 79 points.
It's up there with the St Kilda "The Winning Streak 2004" DVD. You have to give your supporters something I suppose when the cupboard is bare.

Heads up to those trying for tickets - the Ticketek app is a far better option for me this morning. I can't get on the website via my phone or computer but the app was fairly seamless (albeit I am in a queue).

Update to this - I got through the queue tried to get tickets and it wouldn't allow me to enter my barcode and kept stalling every time I tried to pick 'public access' - when I backed out to go back in it knocked me out so I am in the queue again. Hope you all have better luck.

Last edited:
Heads up to those trying for tickets - the Ticketek app is a far better option for me this morning. I can't get on the website via my phone or computer but the app was fairly seamless (albeit I am in a queue).

If you have a VPN, even one set to Australia, then Ticketek won’t let you access the select tickets screen. With the VPN turned off, Ticketek works very well for me.

If you have a VPN, even one set to Australia, then Ticketek won’t let you access the select tickets screen. With the VPN turned off, Ticketek works very well for me.

I don't use a VPN unless using torrents - I do have my iPhone privacy settings ramped up so perhaps that did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the guest pass need to be like-for-like though? I'm hoping to take my parents to the game, and obviously I can get one adult ticket for one of them (via my membership), but is it possible to buy another adult ticket for the second parent via my daughter's child membership barcode? Or will I only be able to buy a guest 'child' ticket via my daughter's barcode?

I think you might be in trouble there. I'm in a similar situation.

https://www.afl.com.au/finals/tickets/faq "I’m a club member. Where can I buy tickets?"

During the members pre-sale Club members are required to purchase a finals ticket that is equivalent to the type of membership that they hold (i.e. Adult members can only purchase an Adult final ticket).

I can see them not letting you "buy up" - that would give you access to adult finals tickets but only pay for a kids membership. But it seems weird going the other way. Why not let an adult member buy a kids ticket?

I'm going to give it a crack during the member pre-sale (if I get past the queue), and if that doesn't work just try my luck in the general public sale.

It's not like the MCG is going to sell out is it?

Ticketek are a joke
Logged onto the site at 9.01 to get 3 MCC reserved seats for the game for me and a couple of mates.
Nothing together at all.
So I guess after paying 1.5 K recently for my upgraded full membership, the best we can do is stand all game ..

M9, family and 2 friends booked.
Melbourne here we come!

Update to this - I got through the queue tried to get tickets and it wouldn't allow me to enter my barcode and kept stalling every time I tried to pick 'public access' - when I backed out to go back in it knocked me out so I am in the queue again. Hope you all have better luck.

M13 Row HH

I had trouble with the Ticketek App - it wouldn't let me enter the barcodes.
I had more luck on the website via PC.

Good luck!

Make sure you use "public reserve" option at the first step

You might already know this...but yeah that is what you have to do

I do that and it just freezes. Doesn't give a barcode box and doesn't let you click on the dropdown box again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back