Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me but I find when “other people” come on to our site, I feel uncomfortable? If they have a relevant question or are seeking advice I understand, but the rest of them make my inner me scream….stranger danger!
That's cause your conversing with a western breed of criminal, my Friend.

Don't be fooled into thinking that they want your Hawthorn IP.. they want your Sony Bravia TV, Bra.

I can't wait to read all the outraged posts tonight in the Dogs board version of this thread in response to this post 😂

Seems we can't express any confidence in our team, think we will win, or even suggest that certain features of this match might suit us better without some of their more insecure posters flipping out and claiming we're all arrogant and overconfident.
It's actually crazy how insecure they are! The lengths they go to to try convince themselves they're just as good in the wet is just unreal. The games they use as examples - one typical low scoring affair, one mudpit with no rain and a game where it rained for all of 5 minutes at the end.

i think the talls vs our undersized backs is a distraction. We’ve dealt with that pretty well all year.

Hogan got a hold of us but i’d argue the critical factor was our inability to stop the giants transition / ball movement late. Against the cats, we were bullied physically at the contest.

This game will be won and lost based on:

• winning clearance and ground balls
  • our pressure being elite

If we get that right, we’ll have our hands on the footy, so who cares about the fwds and good luck catching us.

Meek needs to bully english and newk, worpel and nash get busy.

I remember every one of those goals so clearly. That was just about his best performance of his career.

But also watching it - it seems Bulldogs weren't up to speed on modern defensive structures at all

Amazing to think the bloke who would be our missing key to the threepeat was absolutely massacred when left to his own devices with Bud.

It was just after Bruce had returned from the Beijing olympics. I miss Bruce. Nowadays you’d have BT and Luke Darcy ruin such moments on a broadcast
Bruce always had the uncanny ability to say exactly the right thing whereas BT has the uncanny ability to say exactly the wrong thing. A lot of times when he's calling a game after he says some dumb sh*t there'll be silence in the box which I'm sure it's because whomever is calling the game is either p*ssing themselves laughing or just sitting there dumbfounded.

Game will come down to speed vs Contested Marking.
Make them have slow ball movement bulk numbers in the backline to get the ball to ground then run and spread.

There 2 games against port and adelaide dogs got run off there legs by the oppos spreading.

We are the best at this
Our spread will kill them but it’s the quality of the ball they have going into there forward line! If they start walking it out of the centre with no pressure we will be in trouble. We bring the high pressure game we have been we will win I reckon!

brian was the wrong match up, beats bud in the air but that was only 10% of his kit bag. Better the mobile type who can compete in the air. Someone like frosty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brian was the wrong match up, beats bud in the air but that was only 10% of his kit bag. Better the mobile type who can compete in the air. Someone like frosty.
Dale Morris was their best match up on Bud . Was very happy when Brian lined up on him that night .

I seen to remember Josh Gibson keeping him quiet at Norf, always wondered if that was why we got him across.

I wonder what play will go to another level and make a name for himself as a finals player.

I think it will be Weddle or Newcombe.
Watson another obvious candidate. If he can get an early goal then watch out.

Not sure they are going to get close to us if we bring what we brought vs Carlton, Collingwood and especially the last weekend of the season.

Looking on their board I don’t think they believe they are going to win.

If CJ was good to go, i imagined he would come in.
From the match reports earlier in the year, CJ chopped in the VFL during his managed minutes and rightly came up.
Based on yesterday's consensus reports, he is not coming up.

Ward has better disposal than Finn, but is by no means an elite user, so to suggest Ward would be brought in for his disposal is laughable.

I was disappointed with Finn's disposal against the 'roos, but he was still really strong over the ball.

The weekend provided zero reasons to change a dominant team from the last game.
Ward is a very good user, Flemington straight lengths between he and Finn.

The difference is their disposal and damage, Finn with his defensive game. That’s the selection question.

Not sure they are going to get close to us if we bring what we brought vs Carlton, Collingwood and especially the last weekend of the season.

Looking on their board I don’t think they believe they are going to win.
I reckon Sam's got something left field up his sleeve for Friday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back