Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure they are going to get close to us if we bring what we brought vs Carlton, Collingwood and especially the last weekend of the season.

Looking on their board I don’t think they believe they are going to win.
Maybe it's changed but last time I looked at their board - couple of days ago - I thought the majority of Dogs supporters seemed confident of a win. Which doesn't seem all that surprising given how strongly they finished and that they are just that bit more experienced than us.

I really hope we bring consistent pressure and play with courage and belief. We can win this.

Craig Hutchinson is pushing the case for the unhealthiest looking 49 year old you’ll see in your life time. Just consider Lloyd is 46 and Cornes is 41. Don’t know how people (particularly those with money) do it to themself.

Looking on their board I don’t think they believe they are going to win.
I think some of their supporters have been scarred by their team performance since 2016. Despite their great list they have routinely disappointed when it comes to qualifying for and winning finals.

Now they’ve finally hit a finals campaign with a fit and firing list, hitting lots of the premiership metrics, and yet they’re facing off in an EF with a similarly credentialed team who have also been a thorn to them in the last couple seasons. (Our win last year cost them finals, and the one earlier this year has cost them a home QF)

A loss for us would sting but after the initial emotion has passed I think most of us would see this year as a huge success in the larger picture. A loss for them would be felt much harder and longer given the expectations for this year would have been higher than an EF loss to a club who hasn’t even removed the protective film off the rebuild yet.

I think some of their supporters have been scarred by their team performance since 2016. Despite their great list they have routinely disappointed when it comes to qualifying for and winning finals.

Now they’ve finally hit a finals campaign with a fit and firing list, hitting lots of the premiership metrics, and yet they’re facing off in an EF with a similarly credentialed team who have also been a thorn to them in the last couple seasons. (Our win last year cost them finals, and the one earlier this year has cost them a home QF)

A loss for us would sting but after the initial emotion has passed I think most of us would see this year as a huge success in the larger picture. A loss for them would be felt much harder and longer given the expectations for this year would have been higher than an EF loss to a club who hasn’t even removed the protective film off the rebuild yet.
I agree with the last bit. They should win, they can't keep squandering seasons like this one from the beat player in the league. They have a fair few young players but they're not a young team, now is the time for them.

There are certain things that pair so well and I am convinced that one of those combinations will be Dylan Moore and finals footy. Can not wait to see him tear it up on Friday.

The only disappointing thing about playing the dogs this week is their lack of supporters around the workplace. In all honestly I have nobody to talk smack with leading up. I got one guy who is a half assed supporter so when I sent him directions to the mcg for reference as I assume he has no idea what the place even looks like I just get nothing..... like c'mon ffs I know more crows supporters here in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird thing to post, and you'd hope the mods would make it clear that sort of post isn't really appropriate or welcome here

I don't know anything of this posters history, but I thought the absurdity combined with the specific word imagery made it quite funny!

Definitely tip toed that line, but at the end of the day I took it as an appreciation of Nat's great work and her Hawthorn nuffie-ness via a risky but not overally salacious joke.

I agree with the last bit. They should win, they can't keep squandering seasons like this one from the beat player in the league. They have a fair few young players but they're not a young team, now is the time for them.
It's irrelevant once the ball is bounced.
All comes down to who is fitter and plays to the conditions better on the night.
Nash could quel Bont, and then what? They're relying on a 32 year old Libba and Treloar under a cloud.

Bring em.

I don't know anything of this posters history, but I thought the absurdity combined with the specific word imagery made it quite funny!

Definitely tip toed that line, but at the end of the day I took it as an appreciation of Nat's great work and her Hawthorn nuffie-ness via a risky but not overally salacious joke.

Nah. That’s the sort of thing they can say to their mates, but we don’t need that rubbish in a public forum. Demeaning to Nat’s great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Craig Hutchinson is pushing the case for the unhealthiest looking 49 year old you’ll see in your life time. Just consider Lloyd is 46 and Cornes is 41. Don’t know how people (particularly those with money) do it to themself.
the others are ex pro athletes so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back