Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else really looking forward to seeing The Blond Prince strut his stuff this final series?

If anyone deserves the chance to show his wares on prime time final on a Friday night it's our Captain.

I get the feeling he will be absolutely primed to evolve to super Sic the next month 💪
100%
His last finals series in 2018, he was coming off a broken arm from memory. Had a poor game v the Dees in the semi. Wasn't fit. Keen to see him make amends next Fri.

Ed Richards has been a revelation in the midfield. He's taken to the Smith hard-running midfield role really well.

We aren't going to be able to shut down The Bont, Treloar, Libba and Richards. We will just have up go head-to-head. It should be a great battle if we get Day back.
The game will be essentially decided by how often the ball hits the ground in the dogs F50. If their talls clunk it they probably win (unless they are inaccurate - as they can be). If the balls hits the ground consistently the dogs will be chasing tail.

Any one else a little concerned that this is now a night game and we have almost no exposure to night football this year? Our one time was our worst performance of the season v Gold Coast (I know we're a different team now)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any one else a little concerned that this is now a night game and we have almost no exposure to night football this year? Our one time was our worst performance of the season v Gold Coast (I know we're a different team now)

No. Shouldn’t let something like a night match limit our ability to win. That’s just finding an excuse to not win.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe. But I think that disadvantage (if it exists) is offset by the advantage of the Dogs hardly playing at the G all year.

The game will be essentially decided by how often the ball hits the ground in the dogs F50. If their talls clunk it they probably win (unless they are inaccurate - as they can be). If the balls hits the ground consistently the dogs will be chasing tail.
And the biggest factor in that is our stoppage and pressure game. If the Dogs get quick stoppages and our pressure game is off, they will get quick entries.

Please, a night game on the Gold Coast is completely different to a night game in Melbourne in September.

Id be more concerned if i was the dogs only playing 2 games at the g all year

And the only similar sized ground the played on was Adelaide Oval

And they got spanked

Night game.
Big crowd.
MCG.

These are things our players thrive on

Id be more concerned if i was the dogs only playing 2 games at the g all year

And the only similar sized ground the played on was Adelaide Oval

And they got spanked
SCG isn't that much different to the MCG anymore and they spanked Sydney there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad