Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorns entire playing list must have the pace of Usain Bolt.

I know this is a troll attempt but I’m going to answer in good faith.

Our entire backline is undersized but compensates via speed or elite kicking. If we are allowed to play the game on our terms (i.e. winning the midfield battle and setting up) then it becomes difficult for Darcy types to consistently chase a Weddle. Even a “spud” like Frost can be mobile and good at linking. We constantly slingshot from our backline with the entire unit getting involved which has challenged both tall and small forwards.

Of course, if Darcy is isolated 1v1 with quick ball movement he will likely take the mark, and that will be the tactical battle.

Heh. It was deleted before I could respond but fortunately I can get a screen shot. You need better trolling notes. You're getting your sh*tposting threads confused.

1724715727442.png

We managed to keep JUH, Naughton and Darcy to a total of 5 goals last time we met the Dogs. The argument can be made that the Dogs are in better form now, but there's a much stronger argument that our form has improved even more.

We lost the clearances to the Dogs by 16 and still won back in Round 8, it was our worst clearance loss for the season. We won't let that happen again.

Wow - looking at how Hawks posters got carded for complimenting a Bulldogs player on the Bulldogs board the oppo posters stopping by here should count themselves lucky. They are beyond unwelcoming.

Both teams finished on the exact same amount of wins, there has been one game between them on your home deck which we won, we've gone 14-4 since losing our first 5 games, and you're in shock that we think we can win. An entire board of only Hawthorn supporters.

WTF were you expecting?

Heh. It was deleted before I could respond but fortunately I can get a screen shot. You need better trolling notes. You're getting your sh*tposting threads confused.

View attachment 2093250
Love your work. Sadly it was me who ruined it by pointing it out that the moron can't even determine which thread he's in. It's funny because they act like bulldogs win flags more than once per century.

I know this is a troll attempt but I’m going to answer in good faith.

Our entire backline is undersized but compensates via speed or elite kicking. If we are allowed to play the game on our terms (i.e. winning the midfield battle and setting up) then it becomes difficult for Darcy to consistently chase a Weddle. Even a “spud” like Frost can be mobile and good at linking. We constantly slingshot from our backline with the entire unit getting involved which has challenged tall forwards.

Of course, if Darcy is isolated 1v1 he will likely take the mark, and that will be the tactical battle.
I thought i was on the main board, being a nuff trying to match other nuffs.

But anyway, yes the pace of some of your players is a problem. We have rectified early season issues with pace with the Richards to midfield move, Freijah becoming a best 22 player, Bramble improving from a battler that I wrote off after the Essendon game to a solid contributor that has gotten better at the defensive part of his game. Moving Lobb back has also allowed us a bit more flexibility and a lot more stability, earlier if a team dragged Jones outside of D50 we were f'ed. O'Donnell has also been a solid third kpd.

The Hawthorn worries for me are Meek, Moore, Sicily, Macdonald, Nash and of course Day if he is playing. Mainly because they have contributed even when the team as a whole has been belted or comfortably beaten. Of course theres others like Nash, Worpel, Weddle, Hardwick, Scrimshaw, but the first ones I mentioned I feel match up well on us, or at least did last time.

I thought i was on the main board, being a nuff trying to match other nuffs.

But anyway, yes the pace of some of your players is a problem. We have rectified early season issues with pace with the Richards to midfield move, Freijah becoming a best 22 player, Bramble improving from a battler that I wrote off after the Essendon game to a solid contributor that has gotten better at the defensive part of his game. Moving Lobb back has also allowed us a bit more flexibility and a lot more stability, earlier if a team dragged Jones outside of D50 we were f'ed. O'Donnell has also been a solid third kpd.

The Hawthorn worries for me are Meek, Moore, Sicily, Macdonald, Nash and of course Day if he is playing. Mainly because they have contributed even when the team as a whole has been belted or comfortably beaten. Of course theres others like Nash, Worpel, Weddle, Hardwick, Scrimshaw, but the first ones I mentioned I feel match up well on us, or at least did last time.
I fear you could be in for a shock considering how well Newk, Massimo, Calsher and the Wiz are going.

Last edited:
Hey Hawks fans, I have only watched two AFL games for the year as I've been overseas, and the last Hawks game I watched was at Aurora in 2022. Looking at your team list, I don't I'd like to get a taste of what your team is like before our teams face of next week, is there a 2024 game that really encapsulates your club?

I can't be bothered watching a drubbing, a game where Hawthorn was challenged would be awesome.

Hey Hawks fans, I have only watched two AFL games for the year as I've been overseas, and the last Hawks game I watched was at Aurora in 2022. Looking at your team list, I don't I'd like to get a taste of what your team is like before our teams face of next week, is there a 2024 game that really encapsulates your club?

I can't be bothered watching a drubbing, a game where Hawthorn was challenged would be awesome.
The Freo or GWS games in Tasmania are probably the best games to watch Hawthorn get challenged in. The 2 heartbreaking losses in GWS and Port probably aren't worth much as they were pretty much just Hawthorn dominating for 3 quarters until they weren't. The 2 games I mentioned are great back and forths, the GWS game (in Tasi) is probably a little closer to how Hawthorn always want to play though.

And although it was a drubbing, I think the Collingwood game in round 19 is a great encapsulation of what Hawthorn have done really well this year.

For a tight contest - check out our games against either GWS or Freo down at UTAS. Round 13 and Round 18. The Freo game will give you a better idea overall as Meek was rucking that day.

I don't want them here.
Usual rules apply.

Respectfully discussing possible match-ups is fine.

Coming here to laugh at Hawks is a threadban or a card.

At least one is cooked already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dogs haven’t played in front of more than 60 000 (being generous) this season, we have had at least 3 games where the crowd was over 75 000. It wouldn’t surprise if some of their players wilt under the added pressure.

I'd say check out the Brisbane game. Was a solid response after the brutal Port loss. Got an early lead, they fought back and looked like overrunning us, then we dug deep and pulled away in the last.

The dogs haven’t played in front of more than 60 000 (being generous) this season, we have had at least 3 games where the crowd was over 75 000. It wouldn’t surprise if some of their players wilt under the added pressure.
Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood and Carlton were all between 73k-90k

Bulldogs haven't played in front of 51k

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Id be more concerned if i was the dogs only playing 2 games at the g all year

And the only similar sized ground the played on was Adelaide Oval

And they got spanked
Agree on the G factor. This should definitely be in our favour.

People keep mentioning Adelaide Oval as similar to the G , why? Dims are very different.

Bar the Essendon game, the other three games you could see the players lift. They love the big feel. There isn’t that many Bulldog players that have played in front of big crowds. Only Bont, Treloar, Duryea and possibly Libby have played in a match with more than 60 000. I think the pressure of playing in front of a big crowd could intimidate them.

To be fair the Dogs have only played in front of 60,000 a handful of times in their existence

Far more concerned about filling Whitten Oval for an AFLW game (ironically named given Teddy’s track record)

Nah, CJ breaks lines and creates a heap of space. Can also defend the high ball when necessary. Morrison usually uses the ball well but is found wanting when the contested game is on and the intensity is high. The games he has played this past month have been very low level intensity as we have put the game to bed after a qtr.

CJ is another definite headache for the opposition to consider. We need as many headaches in the side as possible going into these games.

Harry doesn't go hard at the ball, so CJ is your choice as replacement?

Strange take.

I've never seen Harry squib a contest, and no reason to think he will next week.

Harry stays in.

We’ve played in front of six 60,000 plus fixtures this year (4 in the last 10 games).

Footscray haven't played in front of 60,000 plus since round 1 2017 (and before that the 2016 GF). How many of their team are even still there?

This club thrives on the big stage, especially with the vast majority of the crowd behind them.

The doggies have played some of their best footy in the wet anyway

The game on the weekend may have been against witches hats, but scoring 170 points in wet conditions on a ground which has not been very conducive to high scores over the years is nothing to be sneezed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back