Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right call to leave Finn in the side. He is a big body, with excellent endurance and can play multiple roles. Finals footy is usually more contested and having another player who is strong over the ball and can stick a tackle is invaluable. I hope he is next to Dale for most of the night as he the key to their rebound out of defence. Don’t get beat by what you know.

Ward is like for like for Frenchie. Not as polished with his decision making but has better endurance and will play his role. This is his chance to ‘show out’ after an up and down season. Let’s hope he takes the opportunity with both hands.

Reckon we will see Ginni, CMac and Moore sending periods through the middle / half back.

Dogs midfield is deeper with the loss of Day and Frenchie so we’ll need to be efficient going forward and tackle and chase like maniacs. Massimo will be important as always and hopefully out to prove a point after this AA snub.

Its going to be a long 24 hours waiting for the bounce.

I dreamt last night that our first final was against the bummers, and it was played in Ballarat. We lost by about 23 points.

What a nightmare...
My daughter is on set right now making a horror movie in a forest. (shooting from now until 4 am.) (she's the production designer). We've had animal entrails all over our loungeroom for the last few days. I'm pretty sure the sick twisted minds who wrote the script would be horrified by that dream.

No big deal our older brigade in Gunners and Punky are pretty much the same as Duryea. The thing with our kids expressing themselves it’s a celebration among the boys just having fun. They aren’t antagonistic or being disrespectful to their opponents.
And I don't care if they are.... **** it... bring the strut

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Am I the only one who finds the commentary about our guys celebrating goals totally overblown?
Absolutely it is. It's made out like a player pulls out a move after every single goal. Someone like Ginni – who does it best - won't do anything for weeks. CMac does it more regularly, but mostly pretty subtle. So it's not like we're doing backflips like that Freo dude – which admittedly is pretty cool.

It doesn’t make any difference if the weather is good or bad tomorrow. What matters is does this team have the belief and will to win no matter what? No matter if dogs have a tall forward line. Hawks need to back themselves, with their on field talent. If we keep possession, win more of the ball and convert that into goals, we win. Simple. Rain or shine. That is what we need to do. No point worrying about doggies, Hawks must play their way and dominate.

HOK

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughter is on set right now making a horror movie in a forest. (shooting from now until 4 am.) (she's the production designer). We've had animal entrails all over our loungeroom for the last few days. I'm pretty sure the sick twisted minds who wrote the script would be horrified by that dream.
How did the entrails fall though? What do they tell you?

.Sensible selections by Sam.

I like the way Mitch goes about his selections, he backs his players (especially players he rates like CJ) but he's enough of a hard nosed b.......d to make the correct call when he needs to.

In some ways he's more ruthless than Clarko when it comes to selection as I always thought Clarko sometimes backed his players almost too much when it was obvious they were struggling.

Reckon the dogs have shown they maybe doing some overthinking by selecting a bloke who hasn't played seniors for 3 months.
Let's just play our own game and let them worry about match ups.
They’ve brought him in to sit on Newk I assume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back