Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point isn't that the weight has gone. It's that it was never accurate, or up to date past what clubs wanted to advertise.

If it was all Johnny on the spot and up to date maybe it's useful for fans.

But it never was.

Listed heights are about the same. Not really worth the paper they're printed on, past it being a guide.

Schoey used to look like he was about to step on stage at Mr Olympia and still listed as a 78kg twerp.

Everyone in the media pissing all over Port's chances because of their outs is only stoking the flames of resistance over there. It's pretty shit to come up against a team playing to stay in the finals, playing to keep their coach employed, and playing for respect.

To top it off we've had people questioning Butters' courage.

It's a bit of a crap shoot.

Hawks by plenty we're steeled for it though.

Everyone in the media pissing all over Port's chances because of their outs is only stoking the flames of resistance over there. It's pretty shit to come up against a team playing to stay in the finals, playing to keep their coach employed, and playing for respect.

If we play to the level we have been our strengths hurt Port. Their game style struggles to combat our run, exacerbated by losing three prime movers from half-back.

I'm just nervous we'll drink the bathwater and they'll come out firing.

They are a not a group that has coped well with pressure over many years. I’m happy for the media pressure to ramp up on them though ultimately think little turns on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t read the whole thread but my thoughts are

1. Port will come out firing there is a reason why - most teams who lose a QF still end up making the PF - they finished second for a reason

2. That said I think we are favourites - as important as Will Day is for us I stand by my comment - we are system based mid-field. Port is a much more name based team - and they have a couple of really really big outs

I hope we win - it would be amazing to steal a premiership this year; I’ve gone from this is a huge developmental year and everything is gravy to there has been a lot of false dawns over the years and future growth no matter how amazing the potential is not always guaranteed - so we have to make hay whilst the sun is shining

To be fair it's their only shot

Still, it is fun seeing the Hoks being total Honey Badgers about selection and the game while Port is already being reactionary to us.

dumb and dumber yes GIF

They are a not a group that has coped well with pressure over many years. I’m happy for the media pressure to ramp up on them though ultimately think little turns on it.

I don't completely disagree with you, but I don't remember a Hawthorn team traveling interstate for a final being this red hot a favorite to win.

They finished second, and smashed Sydney by a bunch a month or so ago. They're also been given an Apollo Mission sized rocket up their keister for a full week now by every news outlet and footy fan with internet access.

None of this makes us a less talented team, and we still should win I definitely agree though.

Smart man is Jarman Impey.

Finals are a different game, and the season resets itself every week until the last game in September has been won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back