Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make no mistake we'd rather win but if The Hawks are 60 points up at half-time I don't think Ken will be anywhere near the boundary.
It's going to get ugly.

If you get up I hope you go all the way. Hawks are the club Port should be.
Out of curiosity though, wouldn't beating us and then losing in a Prelim be worse case scenario from a Port supporter point of view? As then Ken could argue, "yeah but i won another final"

I mean I thought he was the most courageous player and he subs himself off in a final with no breaks or significant damage lol
I think you are being a bit tough. If he has no fractures but bone bruising that can be very painful. Also small rib fractures can be missed on x-ray. In addition, there is risk of significant chest injury such as a pneumothorax or lung contusion. These happen. So if Butters comes off, in terrible pain after a chest blow, the docs look at him and think he may have multiple fractured ribs or worse, then they really have to send him off for an x-ray. So he's subbed. Like I said, I think you're being a bit tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Day

OUT: Maginness (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Weddle

C: Amon, Worpel, D’Ambrosio

HF: Moore, Gunston, Ginnivan

F: Watson, Chol, Dear

R: Meek, Newcombe, Nash

INT: Day, MacDonald, Ward, Morrison, Breust (Sub)

EMG: Jiath, Serong, Maginness

IN: Day

OUT: Maginness (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Weddle

C: Amon, Worpel, D’Ambrosio

HF: Moore, Gunston, Ginnivan

F: Watson, Chol, Dear

R: Meek, Newcombe, Nash

INT: Day, MacDonald, Ward, Morrison, Breust (Sub)

EMG: Jiath, Serong, Maginness
No change.

So do we give Breust the next 2 weeks off so he plays his 300th at the G on GF day? :devil:

Nah in all seriousness, this does have the feels of 2007.. I remember going to the Semi Final vs NM feeling so confident after the media being all over us and Buddy after his heroics.

Port won't be as bad as they were last Thursday, and if they have any pride they'll want to make a point!

Mabs could've easily kicked 2 and was a bees dick away from MOTY, so it's a game of inches where we could all easily be here singing his praises. Point is he competed really well but just couldn't quite execute it. But that doesn't mean he played poorly. Thought Moore also was involved in some tough, important contents. But yes i take yr point, there's a lot of upside here leading into next week.
I think Moorey had a lot of press attention threw the week and seemed a little off, though had a hard tag. Chol was little rattled from the intensity of finals and Lobb's work who played well, and will be much better for the experience. I expect both will be fired up next game both knowing what to expect and head space clearer. No change i think, just take our winning ways on the road. Go Hawks!

I think Moorey had a lot of press attention threw the week and seemed a little off, though had a hard tag. Chol was little rattled from the intensity of finals and Lobb's work who played well, and will be much better for the experience. I expect both will be fired up next game both knowing what to expect and head space clearer. No change i think, just take our winning ways on the road. Go Hawks!
Was it Chol's first final?

It's a bit hard to predict how people will embrace final pressure and tension. So much harder for key forwards (making Dear's game even more remarkable).

There's a lot of Port fans counting on you to be the end of Ken. Don't let us down.

Jack Bannon Epix GIF by PENNYWORTH

So do we give Breust the next 2 weeks off so he plays his 300th at the G on GF day? :devil:

Nah in all seriousness, this does have the feels of 2007.. I remember going to the Semi Final vs NM feeling so confident after the media being all over us and Buddy after his heroics.

Port won't be as bad as they were last Thursday, and if they have any pride they'll want to make a point!

I remember being in a bay next to a North one (certain it was the only bay they had at ground level). Gee that was a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back