Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL literally admitted it was a mistake. They had an extra 19 seconds that they should not have received. They scored the last goal inside that 19 seconds.
I don’t recall them ever acknowledging it was a mistake. Just that they were comfortable with it lol

I don’t remember every vsing a side in finals that wanted to burn down their own club before the game even starts. Amazing the position port are in going into this.

I think this will be a war early that we can’t take lightly but should run away with after half time. Getting the back 6 reset will be key, frost was so good as the deep back, very hard to cover someone with his pace and strength.

To me serong with his pace and kicking is the closest match to Hokball, but it’s the defensive game against the tall that will also be key. System vs matchup will make for an interesting selection

Waaaayyyy too much posting about ground sizes, specifically the SCG, considering we’re playing the team that finished 2nd on the ladder interstate before we even make it there.

This has ‘07 semi vibes, young crew got a touch ahead of themselves.

They didn’t accidentally finish 2nd, they had a bad week but they can absolutely turn it on this week. Going to be a much tougher game than the dogs.

Waaaayyyy too much posting about ground sizes, specifically the SCG, considering we’re playing the team that finished 2nd on the ladder interstate before we even make it there.

They didn’t accidentally finish 2nd, they had a bad week but they can absolutely turn it on this week. Going to be a much tougher game than the dogs.
Usually you'd be right, but given a goal in the last seconds of a game is the difference between them being 2nd and us being 2nd I'm not sure it works this year. By percentage they'd be 5th.

You might be right that this week will be tougher than the Dogs just gone, but I think there are plenty of results this season that feel accidental.

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

They won a whole two more games than us and with quite a lot lower percentage-wise.

Not disagreeing about getting ahead of ourselves, but let's not pretend Port are some all-conquering behemoth that the entire comp is terrified of playing at home.

Finding a lot more sources now that have the SCG length as 155/156m. Which puts the boundary ratio pretty much the same as the MCG now.
Healy has mentioned about 2 million times In the past month that after the recent ground upgrade its the same width or close too

Watching the game on the weekend it makes sense .

Doesn't matter though as we are at AO this week

I think Sam is thinking could we play Sis in Frost's role and bring in Serong to play Sis?

*Disclaimer I'm not Sam or profess I know/have access to his thoughts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the size of the ground that matters, it's how you use it.

The crowd aspect is going to be fascinating. I've been there when we've been heavily outnumbered, but the regulars don't get their usual seats during finals and it sounds like we're going to be very well represented this time.

Last time v the crows there were easily 10 000 Hawthorn fans there. I'm expecting double that number on Friday.
I reckon vs Crows was the most Hawk friendly I've seen an AO crowd. Was more than 10k I reckon. (Excluding Gather Round)

I don't mind it either way. The boys will thrive off going into Port's house and beating them in front of a hostile crowd.

I reckon vs Crows was the most Hawk friendly I've seen an AO crowd. Was more than 10k I reckon. (Excluding Gather Round)

I don't mind it either way. The boys will thrive off going into Port's house and beating them in front of a hostile crowd.
The great and much missed poster Gary Shadforth used to talk about the Hawthorn "Nation". I hope that we see a great example of that come Friday. The more of us there, the better.

This. It doesn’t follow because you get towelled up one week that you’re going to just bend over the next and get reamed. If anything you get a wake up call. Look at the Sydney demolition by Port a few weeks ago and now they have a home prelim and are premiership favourite. Haven’t we learned anything this season about how results and form can fluctuate from one week to the next? I saw us listed at 1.56 and Port at 2.43 with the punters. That’s just insane and I’m tempted to put a big hedge bet on. The short-termism in football is ridiculous. If we even take this game a little bit lightly we are going to get rolled and possibly badly.

Just end the misery and rule him out for the season please. We all got a surge of optimism when told that it wasn’t a break and that has been followed by a month of torture being told every week that he’s not ready. I’m not really sure why they can’t give him a recovery timeline like they do with every other injured player in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back