Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butters knock to his ribs on Thursday that led to him being subbed off was so inconspicuous! He is going to cop 50 times harder hits than that on Friday night! Do we play safe and bring in Phillips or do we go full on Hok Ball mode, play CJ and run them ragged.

Unless that small forward is a 300 game triple premiership player with incredible football nous and the ability to coach on field, is a fierce tackler who gets into the right positions.

That said Gunston and Breust could swap those roles.

But the small forward is useless if you are trying to protect a lead - thats bullshit. If you are trying to "protect" a lead you are in the process of losing. You need to score to protect your lead - its the mistake we made against port last time and it cost the Giants last week.against.the swans. If you are playing good enough footy to get a lead - just continue playing that footy. Dont change what you are doing as the change in mindset.opens the door for the other team
The other part of that is if the opposition is chasing a win they are creating an opportunity for you. It happens in soccer all the time - the losing team throws resources forward which means they are susceptible at the back. AFL has traditionally not been good at exploiting this.

Has The Cholls Royce Ever played defence? Maybe he would thrive great size and competitor!

I love seeing Chol's spells in the midfield and the wing. I'm not sure if he just wanders up there or is deployed by the coach but he always seems to be able to make space for himself and hit targets with his connecting kicks which is really unexpected for someone his size who you would expect to be slow and lumbering. It did make me wonder is there is some roll for him as the AFL's largest giraffe mid.

I really hope they back Serong in and play him in place of Frost.

I know we will be severely undersized by doing this instead of going with Phillips but I feel this is the time the coaching staff need to reward Serong for the stellar season he has had in the VFL and to show him he is part of our future plans.

I have a feeling Serong will play his best game in the Brown and Gold and repay the faith shown in him.
Also i HIGHLY doubt theyre going to go with Radagolea and Dixon again. So youre more than likely only looking at one gorilla down there. Todd Marshall whilst tall and rangy is not a man mountain that clunks pack marks.

Ginni thing has really pissed me off... surprised how many are saying ah well, maybe over confidence... flipping hate it, he'll be a massive talking point if it goes sideways Friday night
Who really gives a shit? It’s a competitive world and he posted some banter to an ex teammate. Ginni is having a ball and not letting anything get to him, I think a few should do the same. Water off a ducks back and severely over blown.

I love seeing Chol's spells in the midfield and the wing. I'm not sure if he just wanders up there or is deployed by the coach but he always seems to be able to make space for himself and hit targets with his connecting kicks which is really unexpected for someone his size who you would expect to be slow and lumbering. It did make me wonder is there is some roll for him as the AFL's largest giraffe mid.
He's got the skills but he wouldn't have the endurance to be a full time mid.

I like the role he plays for us currently, 85% key forward and 15% relief ruck (he is a point of difference in the ruck with his leaping ability).

I feel with Maboir he's very much a confidence player, if he clunks a few early he's in for a big day but if he starts slow and drops a few marks he is very hard in himself.

Butters knock to his ribs on Thursday that led to him being subbed off was so inconspicuous! He is going to cop 50 times harder hits than that on Friday night! Do we play safe and bring in Phillips or do we go full on Hok Ball mode, play CJ and run them ragged.
Because he came in with it. Shouldn’t have played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got the skills but he wouldn't have the endurance to be a full time mid.

I like the role he plays for us currently, 85% key forward and 15% relief ruck (he is a point of difference in the ruck with his leaping ability).

I feel with Maboir he's very much a confidence player, if he clunks a few early he's in for a big day but if he starts slow and drops a few marks he is very hard in himself.
He was so close to tearing that final apart. He was just a fraction off with his timing. We could easily be sitting here talking about him winning that game for us. I feel like Mitchell told him to just go for it for better or worse. I'm backing him in to play a big part in the remainder of our finals run. If he clunks that first mark, opposition beware.

Who really gives a shit? It’s a competitive world and he posted some banter to an ex teammate. Ginni is having a ball and not letting anything get to him, I think a few should do the same. Water off a ducks back and severely over blown.
Journo’s are also asking the players if they think they can win a premiership. Then the same journo’s cry about disrespecting the opponent when a player is bantering with an ex teammate about seeing them in a fortnight. They ar3 the ones that need a life.

Frost is a loss. Think the 2 most likely candidates would be either Serong or CJ. Serong would be the more like for like replacement, but hasn’t had much opportunity this year. CJ would provide even more run, but has been inconsistent at times. Both would have a good case to come in.

The only people who care what Ginni posted are clickbait journalists wanting to generate eyeballs. Why people get sucked in is probably the lemming effect of society.

Who cares what he said, Port have bigger issues to address. If they use a tweet among ex-teamates to rev themselves up, I will say this:

A drowning man will clutch at all straws...

Stop being such nervous Nellie's and have confidence in what this team is producing on the field, not reading a 3 word tweets/post on social media.

Go Hawks and Ginni (playing great footy BTW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back