Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginni's cheeky comment, Meek talking about the 'next 3 weeks of finals', hell there's even an uncomfortable amount of posts in this thread regarding the size of the SCG... I've seen this before with other teams but never Hawthorn, and it generally never bodes well for the club whose focus is not on what is right in front of them. Sammy had better be laying down the law to the players quick smart, coz this may not end well for us and a lot of people may be getting a rude shock come Friday night.
I agree with everything you said here...but then I listened to Hawks Radio where Crawf went from 'are we getting carried away here?' as Dippa went wild after a goal...to ''We're going to the Grand Final boys!' lol in an hilarious, unbridled turnaround.

So, I think it is what it is....we dream big and enjoy every moment. Frosty with an injury out of nowhere is reminder enough it can all end at any moment.

There's no dark cloud of missed opportunity hanging over us. We literally have nothing to lose. It's a rare and charmed place to be.

But I totally agree...we will have to bring 4 quarters on Friday. We must.

I agree with everything you said here...but then I listened to Hawks Radio where Crawf went from 'are we getting carried away here?' as Dippa went wild after a goal...to ''We're going to the Grand Final boys!' lol in an hilarious, unbridled turnaround.

So, I think it is what it is....we dream big and enjoy every moment. Frosty with an injury out of nowhere is reminder enough it can all end at any moment.

There's no dark cloud of missed opportunity hanging over us. We literally have nothing to lose. It's a rare and charmed place to be.

But I totally agree...we will have to bring 4 quarters on Friday. We must.

Can you imagine Dipper with his ego in today's social media? Would make Jack look timid in comparison.

Finn to Ryan Burton maybe who was main drive off half back for Port. JHF rumoured to be sore, Butters sore ribs, no Houston or Farrell. With our running ability all over the ground and scoring power can’t see an issue. Complacency our only issue between a prelim with Swans

Finn to Ryan Burton maybe who was main drive off half back for Port. JHF rumoured to be sore, Butters sore ribs, no Houston or Farrell. With our running ability all over the ground and scoring power can’t see an issue. Complacency our only issue between a prelim with Swans
unleash Nash, break the tackling record

James Worpel interview

They do Stone & Wood and Hahn Superdrys now at the footy at least.

Or get a can of West End if you're feeling lucky.

Should be able to find Pirate Life South Coast Pale Ale somewhere in there as well. Excellent core range pale for one owned by a multinational.

James Worpel interview
Jeez I love how well-spoken a lot of our boys are.

Meek was an incredible interview, keen for this one on the drive to work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nash : target acquired
Rocket Thumbs Up GIF

like Hodgey in 2008, Butters will get the required injections 35 minutes before the bounce, and won't feel anything until about 3am the next morning, when he will be in agony for about the next 12 hours.
whilst you wouldn't necessarily do it in the home and away season, it is pretty routine in finals. My guess is the club medico made the wrong call pre-game last week with Butters.

They're protecting themselves and being defensive. They know that they have a good chance of winning but the thought of losing is very painful so they have to act like that.
Incorrect.
The hatred vast numbers of Port fans have for Hinkley can't even be described.
If we smash them and he's sacked they will be celebrating.

like Hodgey in 2008, Butters will get the required injections 35 minutes before the bounce, and won't feel anything until about 3am the next morning, when he will be in agony for about the next 12 hours.
whilst you wouldn't necessarily do it in the home and away season, it is pretty routine in finals. My guess is the club medico made the wrong call pre-game last week with Butters.
The wrong call as in playing him? My question is- why wouldn’t they have given him the jab last week when they knew he was playing with sore ribs?

Also I’ve had badly bruised ribs before playing footy, despite the fact I wasn’t an elite sportsman with top level physicians getting me fit, I remember how hard it was to breath- wouldnt this potentially affect Butters as well as the pain?

The issue is no amount of pain killers will help when you can't breathe

Unless that small forward is a 300 game triple premiership player with incredible football nous and the ability to coach on field, is a fierce tackler who gets into the right positions.

That said Gunston and Breust could swap those roles.

But the small forward is useless if you are trying to protect a lead - thats bullshit. If you are trying to "protect" a lead you are in the process of losing. You need to score to protect your lead - its the mistake we made against port last time and it cost the Giants last week.against.the swans. If you are playing good enough footy to get a lead - just continue playing that footy. Dont change what you are doing as the change in mindset.opens the door for the other team
While that is true that we made mistakes last time with how we attacked the last quarter. We were 11 points up with 40 seconds left. We made some HUGE errors at the end that cost us.

Giving away frees etc... all we needed was to cause a 2nd stoppage and meek tried for a big hit out. He should have tapped to his feet or grabbed it. Then 6 6 6 is gone and we can have 10 defenders and 8 players crowding the stoppage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back