Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are people getting their mail from, speaking in terms of certainty that Port will play four talls and that Phillips will be selected to replace Frost?

Is this all just speculation, because I feel like I’m missing something?

Where are people getting their mail from, speaking in terms of certainty that Port will play four talls and that Phillips will be selected to replace Frost?

Is this all just speculation, because I feel like I’m missing something?

They ran with 4 talls in their match sim.. no other evidence as yet

Everett did not have the same injury. AND he did his in week 1 of finals. Day did his in the 2nd last game + had a bye week off.

From Everett in 2018 recounting the 1997 injury.

"He flushed me beautifully and I broke my collarbone.

Unfortunately from there I knew it was going to be four to six weeks for a collarbone and I kind of look at today’s footy and I think would you have put a screw and a couple of ties in there and played?"

So Day missing the Semi Final is so far 4 weeks out for his SC joint. NOT a broken collar bone.
Pretty sure he discussed the injury as very similar once Day's diagnosis had come through. The severity may have been a scale up but it's the same part of the collarbone. Up to 6 weeks is the timeline for this type of injury.

Reading the port preview board they are giving themselves no hope.

They dont even want the team to show up
We are no chance, at all, finito.

This isn't even a reverse jinx type of comment, its the fact of the matter.

You were up by 40 points, and Mitchell went defensive. He's a smart man, unlike our good ol' Ken. Mitchell will nto make tha mistake again, and unfortunately means it is all over red rover again for Port Adelaide.

The cattle we have, the game plan and couching nous we don't.

Loving HokBall - hope you give it to the Swans!

Dimma goes to Rioli. Last time around Seamus was on Rioli and Dimma was forward.

Scrimshaw goes to Georgiades, Weddle to Marshall and Phillips/Serong to Ratugolea. Sicily will have Jed McEntee for company throughout the game.
Jedd won't play, it'll be DBJ, and Sicily will give him a bath.

You were up by 40 points, and Mitchell went defensive. He's a smart man, unlike our good ol' Ken. Mitchell will nto make tha mistake again, and unfortunately means it is all over red rover again for Port Adelaide.

Nah, Port were utter shit last week and just didn’t rise to the occasion. They’ve been found out (once again)- but now the pressure is off and even their own fans aren’t expecting anything out of this week.. a great recipe for free flowing footy, players hungry to regain some respect. This Friday is a new game from last weeks and Port are more than capable- and if they get off to a good start will be hard to stop in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Port were utter shit last week and just didn’t rise to the occasion. They’ve been found out (once again)- but now the pressure is off and even their own fans aren’t expecting anything out of this week.. a great recipe for free flowing footy, players hungry to regain some respect. This Friday is a new game from last weeks and Port are more than capable- and if they get off to a good start will be hard to stop in Adelaide.
I hpoe you're correct, but I can't see it.

No pressure v GWS last year after being thumped by Brisbane, yet we dished up eh same crap from the week before.

The coach simply can't get them up for these games.

You guys bring maybe half of the pressure you've been delivering lately, and you'll win by 40+.

Sorry to intrude but I go to most port games as I live in Adelaide and have friends and family who are port members. You definately deserve to be favourites and are playing great footy. But the port you will get on Friday will be different to the one geelong got. There is alot of negativity from port fans and rightly so. But they will bounce back . As someone said earlier you are better than when you played them last time but they also didn't have Rozee and Wines went off early with his heart issue that game. Good luck I hope you win as you have provided the competition this year with great highlights, but it will go down to the wire maybe a kick in it either way.

If Hinkley saw the dogs game, or any game we’ve played, and thought 4 tall slow forwards and bombing it on their heads is the way to go I would question his safety by half time.

We try our best to force teams to kick long to contest, it would be mad to feed that.

Looking into this a bit deeper every side that lost in the Qualifying Final by 70 + was the away team (Only exception was Geel v Rich in 2017 held @ the MCG).

QFEssendonSat 12-Aug-2000 2:30 PM Att: 68,443 Venue: M.C.G.
KangaroosEssendon won by 125 pts
SFKangaroosFri 18-Aug-2000 7:45 PM Att: 50,027 Venue: M.C.G.
HawthornKangaroos won by 10 pts
QFEssendonFri 07-Sep-2001 7:45 PM Att: 78,253 Venue: M.C.G.
RichmondEssendon won by 70 pts
SFRichmondSat 15-Sep-2001 2:30 PM Att: 83,323 Venue: M.C.G.
CarltonRichmond won by 11 pts
QFBrisbane LionsSat 07-Sep-2002 7:30 PM Att: 31,854 Venue: Gabba
AdelaideBrisbane Lions won by 71 pts
SFMelbourneSat 14-Sep-2002 7:30 PM Att: 51,533 Venue: M.C.G.
AdelaideAdelaide won by 12 pts
QFPort AdelaideSun 05-Sep-2004 2:00 PM (2:30 PM) Att: 39,250 Venue: Football Park
GeelongPort Adelaide won by 55 pts
SFGeelongSat 11-Sep-2004 7:30 PM Att: 53,356 Venue: M.C.G.
EssendonGeelong won by 10 pts
QFBrisbane LionsFri 03-Sep-2004 7:30 PM Att: 33,582 Venue: Gabba
St KildaBrisbane Lions won by 80 pts
SFSt KildaFri 10-Sep-2004 7:30 PM Att: 50,671 Venue: M.C.G.
SydneySt Kilda won by 51 pts
QFGeelongSun 09-Sep-2007 2:45 PM Att: 77,630 Venue: M.C.G.
KangaroosGeelong won by 106 pts
SFKangaroosSat 15-Sep-2007 7:30 PM Att: 74,981 Venue: M.C.G.
HawthornKangaroos won by 33 pts
QFHawthornFri 05-Sep-2008 7:50 PM Att: 76,703 Venue: M.C.G.
Western BulldogsHawthorn won by 51 pts
SFWestern BulldogsFri 12-Sep-2008 7:50 PM Att: 42,731 Venue: M.C.G.
SydneyWestern Bulldogs won by 37 pts
QFGeelongSun 07-Sep-2008 2:40 PM Att: 71,653 Venue: M.C.G.
St KildaGeelong won by 58 pts
SFSt KildaSat 13-Sep-2008 7:30 PM Att: 76,707 Venue: M.C.G.
CollingwoodSt Kilda won by 34 pts
QFCollingwoodSat 04-Sep-2010 7:20 PM Att: 66,545 Venue: M.C.G.
Western BulldogsCollingwood won by 62 pts
SFWestern BulldogsSat 11-Sep-2010 7:20 PM Att: 39,596 Venue: M.C.G.
SydneyWestern Bulldogs won by 5 pts
QFHawthornFri 06-Sep-2013 7:50 PM Att: 59,615 Venue: M.C.G.
SydneyHawthorn won by 54 pts
SFSydneySat 14-Sep-2013 7:45 PM Att: 37,980 Venue: Stadium Australia
CarltonSydney won by 24 pts
QFGeelongFri 08-Sep-2017 7:50 PM Att: 95,028 Venue: M.C.G.
RichmondRichmond won by 51 pts
SFGeelongFri 15-Sep-2017 7:50 PM Att: 55,529 Venue: M.C.G.
SydneyGeelong won by 59 pts
QFPort AdelaideThu 05-Sep-2024 7:10 PM (7:40 PM) Att: 50,342 Venue: Adelaide Oval
GeelongGeelong won by 84 pts
SFPort AdelaideFri 13-Sep-2024 7:10 PM (7:40 PM) Att: Venue: Adelaide Oval
Hawthorn

The stadium is sold out

You’re all Turning up and singing the inxs song thinking your no chance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back