Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our midfield can beat their midfield, especially with a sore Butters. Our guys run so much harder defensively.

Finals = more ground balls, that's a fact. There's a bit of a sentiment that key forwards don't really have the impact in finals series these days around lately. Which you only need to look at the Grand Final goal tallies to agree with. Go Hawks.

Sorry to intrude but I go to most port games as I live in Adelaide and have friends and family who are port members. You definately deserve to be favourites and are playing great footy. But the port you will get on Friday will be different to the one geelong got. There is alot of negativity from port fans and rightly so. But they will bounce back . As someone said earlier you are better than when you played them last time but they also didn't have Rozee and Wines went off early with his heart issue that game. Good luck I hope you win as you have provided the competition this year with great highlights, but it will go down to the wire maybe a kick in it either way.

I refuse to look beyond this weekend. Will still be a massive test against a top 2 side on their home deck.

However, in regards to our last meeting, Sicily and Scrimshaw missed that game also.
Phillips debuted and Serong played as well.

People dismissed me as crazy, but the final against Geelong continued this trend even further. We're literally going to need to defy 10 years of history to beat the most in-form, rampaging team in the comp.

Every final we’ve played in since 2014:

2014:

• EF: Beat Richmond who we lost to the last time we met
  • SF: Beat Fremantle who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Hawthorn who we beat the last time we met

2017:

- EF: Lost to West Coast who we beat the last time we met

2020:

• QF: Beat Geelong who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Richmond who we beat the last time we met

2021:

• QF: Beat Geelong who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Western Bulldogs who we beat the last time we met

From the Port board. In every final series they’ve participated in, the result in the final series of that year has gone contrary to the result in the home and away fixture of the same year.

2023:

• QF: Lost to Brisbane who we beat the last time we met
  • SF: Lost to GWS who we beat the last time we met
2024:

• QF: Lost to Geelong who we beat last time we met
  • SF: *Playing Hawthorn who we beat last time we met?

So Cane was right?

No Pain No Gain Gym GIF by cintascotch

So Cane was right?

What's more likely to be a story coming out of this decision:

1) Hawks player ruthless, cause serious damage to Butters--- Hawthorn Edge??
2) Butters is captain courageous, pushes through and plays incredibly well
3) Butters is soft and shouldn't have put himself in the firing line- let his team down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall could be used up the ground to win the aerial contests as a roaming link up forward, just how Richmond dominated us in the second quarter.

Marshall is a strong breeze away from being concussed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it through the game after a few big marking contests.

Poor kids brain is mush.

Nah, just a few. Most were more than satisfied with Ward's game.
I was more than happy with his game. He did more than enough to justify keeping his spot. Just thought if Day was to come in (which he would if fit) it might be for the mid who was last in (Ward) over Finn who plays a slightly different role.

I posted weeks ago I would prefer Ward in the team over Finn, prior to him being absolutely elite against the Dogs. Although I think coming in for Cam worked better as he got more mid minutes.

Anyway, happy with Ward and Finn currently. Would love Day back in though.

I bought tickets on the off chance I could go but have just given them to my Adelaide footy loving niece (who plays in the SANFLW and has worked for the crows). The only criteria was she and whoever she took, had to be wearing hawks gear and barrack like crazy for the hawks. Her boy friend is a bombres fan so I expect she will take her sister.

Either way, if you are sitting in Section 100 Row D and see two people not cheering loudly for the hawks, can you please lean over and say 'Aunty Jo will be disappointed'.

Farout HUGE loss Frosty! I would love us to give Serong a crack, give him the opportunity to make a statement that he belongs in the AFL. He has been great in the VFL and nothing to lose now as the rest of the finals it's going to be tough without Frosty (especially if we come up against the gorilla build Key Forwards).

Phillips & DGB just haven't shown enough at VFL for my liking. DGB also has a tendancy to easily get frustrated and give away stupid frees, can't afford that in a final.

Unless it's Hodge
Even Hodge should not have played in 2012. He was underdone.

What's more likely to be a story coming out of this decision:

1) Hawks player ruthless, cause serious damage to Butters--- Hawthorn Edge??
2) Butters is captain courageous, pushes through and plays incredibly well
3) Butters is soft and shouldn't have put himself in the firing line- let his team down.
4) Butters bravely fights through pain to be ports best player but was let down by his team-mates in the 190 point loss to Hawthorn.

Our midfield can beat their midfield, especially with a sore Butters. Our guys run so much harder defensively.

Finals = more ground balls, that's a fact. There's a bit of a sentiment that key forwards don't really have the impact in finals series these days around lately. Which you only need to look at the Grand Final goal tallies to agree with. Go Hawks.

I'm hoping for a nice low tackle into butters ribs at the first bounce. Hard enough for zackto turn into a whoopie cushion

Nash, Newk, let my dream happen please

I'm hoping for a nice low tackle into butters ribs at the first bounce. Hard enough for zackto turn into a whoopie cushion

Nash, Newk, let my dream happen please
A few tips from Roughy wouldn't hurt.........or would they? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back