Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The hubris on this board is shocking, quite frankly. I expect this to be a very close game.
Port have plenty of matchwinners.
No matter what this board or the Port Board thinks, and no matter what the media is saying about us, I’m sure Mitch will walk into that meeting room and remind the boys that last time we faced this team, we were 41 points up and still lost. So, let’s go out there and get the job done this week. External noise doesn’t win football games—stick to our game plan, trust yourselves, and keep laying those tackles until the final siren, no matter what the scoreboard shows in the 29th minute of the 4th quarter.

I dont understand how some Port fans genuinely hate him so much they want to go out in straight sets just to increase the chance of him leaving.

Hitler could coach us and my brain would find some justification for me wanting To win
I'm not sure if what they say about him is true but the man rocks a mean moustache, hope we win.

I dont understand how some Port fans genuinely hate him so much they want to go out in straight sets just to increase the chance of him leaving.

Hitler could coach us and my brain would find some justification for me wanting To win
Hitler. There was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon. Two coats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoyney has been talking about how well we were doing in many aspects of the game from way back at round 7.

He’s been pulling the stats out all year on the Hawks, I found it hard to fully buy what he was saying for a long time . He knows !

History is unfolding before our very eyes.

When he came out with this on 7 May I was like whoa that sounds good, started getting me excited. I always listen out for him on Hawthorn now.

Don't think Sam will be buying into this port are gone crap! Hinkley coming out and saying it'll be his last game if they lose, port fans hating on the club so much so that they want them to lose yet the game is sold out! I hope the players don't buy this shit about this been a walkover. Go out there and play like we're possessed
Mitch lived it a bit in '07 after the Crows win where we were then uncompetitive against North. I reckon he's tried to impart some of that experience within the boys. They seem Like a competitive bunch too.

Last edited:

When he came out with this on 7 May I was like whoa that sounds good, started getting me excited. I always listen out for him on Hawthorn now.

People can shit can champion data all they want, the stats were telling of a young side simmering away waiting to explode into a full on boil and thats exactly what happened.

Will day is basically a test each week. What the club is showing is that they wont risk him without doing a solid few days of contact training. So made the call on a Monday that contact training wasn't ready. He may be ready for contact training on Thursday so if we win we'll just declare he's playing.

His injury will never heal. There isn't a risk it will get worse from playing. It just hurts still. When it stops hurting he can play.
When Jai Newcombe keeps the hell away from him he can play.

Sorry to intrude but I go to most port games as I live in Adelaide and have friends and family who are port members. You definately deserve to be favourites and are playing great footy. But the port you will get on Friday will be different to the one geelong got. There is alot of negativity from port fans and rightly so. But they will bounce back . As someone said earlier you are better than when you played them last time but they also didn't have Rozee and Wines went off early with his heart issue that game. Good luck I hope you win as you have provided the competition this year with great highlights, but it will go down to the wire maybe a kick in it either way.
A kick in it? True, there'll be a kick in it, between a 54 point win and a 60 point win. Could be dour.

Can't believe the overconfidence in this thread.
Port home final. Port finished 2nd. Butters cleared to play. Loser of the qualifying final traditionally bounce back the next week. Hawks missing Frost, Day and McKenzie.

I expect the Hawks will put in a good showing. But i think Port should be going in as slight favourites. Come on, no Frost and Day. Port will bounce back. It will be a close game.

The hubris on this board is shocking, quite frankly. I expect this to be a very close game.
Port have plenty of matchwinners.
HUBRIS? WTF? We aren't even playing. We are supporters. we support. We don't cry tears of sorrow exclaiming to the heavens woe is me we might not win.

Hubris is for the combatants. Supporters can exhibit all the confidence in the world. It's a hell of a lot better than thinking we are as shit as Port Adelaide and thinking it will be close. That crap can come after the game if that's how it turns out.

Wow, Godwin's law ftw!

Can't believe the overconfidence in this thread.
Port home final. Port finished 2nd. Butters cleared to play. Loser of the qualifying final traditionally bounce back the next week. Hawks missing Frost, Day and McKenzie.

I expect the Hawks will put in a good showing. But i think Port should be going in as slight favourites. Come on, no Frost and Day. Port will bounce back. It will be a close game.
This is going to be a slaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back