Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me pesimistic... But I have visions of Ken Hinkley dancing on the boundary line at the final siren :straining:
Call me optimistic …… but I have visions of Port supporters dancing in the stands after the game because we will deliver the knockout blow that gets Ken the arse.

Last edited:

We are no chance, at all, finito.

This isn't even a reverse jinx type of comment, its the fact of the matter.

You were up by 40 points, and Mitchell went defensive. He's a smart man, unlike our good ol' Ken. Mitchell will nto make tha mistake again, and unfortunately means it is all over red rover again for Port Adelaide.

The cattle we have, the game plan and couching nous we don't.

Loving HokBall - hope you give it to the Swans!

this team absolutely demolished the swans by 100 points a few weeks ago.....people have very short memories...one bad loss does not diminish their previous 8 weeks of exposed form

I think footy is really diminished if you say the only good way to engage with it is in this super objective, rational, calm way.

I love the intellectual side of the sport. But ultimately, this is action and drama. Get overconfident, get your heart broken, hug a stranger.

This is the best, most exciting football this team has played in almost a decade. Lose this week or not, I reckon you're completely missing out if you're not getting swept up in the hype these cocky young lads are dishing up.

Last week was the loudest game most of these guys have ever played in and it seemed that every time the crowd roared, they locked in and even went up a level. Let the people paid stupid amounts of money to play and coach this sport worry about execution and hubris. Enjoy the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm doubtful he play's next week at this point, if we make it.
He did some contact work - at one stage he was being tackled by one of the trainers and even made a tackle at walking pace but looked incredibly tentative. At least he was raising his arms and marking above his head this week. Definite improvement on a week ago.

He did some contact work - at one stage he was being tackled by one of the trainers and even made a tackle at walking pace but looked incredibly tentative. At least he was raising his arms and marking above his head this week. Definite improvement on a week ago.
Will he be flying across with the team?

this team absolutely demolished the swans by 100 points a few weeks ago.....people have very short memories...one bad loss does not diminish their previous 8 weeks of exposed form
Hinkley is no mug coach, he'll be working on a way to nullify our gameplan as his own big guns are either missing, sore or out of form. Bulldogs tried it earlier last Friday, predicting how and where we exited the clearance or ruck taps and cut them off. It worked until Sam's plan B cut in.

The Hawks are short priced favourites against a side that finished 2nd on the ladder. There's obviously a reason for that and if in doubt, follow the money.

Hinkley is no mug coach, he'll be working on a way to nullify our gameplan as his own big guns are either missing, sore or out of form. Bulldogs tried it earlier last Friday, predicting how and where we exited the clearance or ruck taps and cut them off. It worked until Sam's plan B cut in.

The Hawks are short priced favourites against a side that finished 2nd on the ladder. There's obviously a reason for that and if in doubt, follow the money.
Dogs planned to shut down Dylan Moore with Bailey Dale. Made little difference at all to our run and carry game, and I believe, took Dale out of his attacking mindset.

Would absolutely love it if Ken goes ultra negative on Friday.
Actually Drew went into the CB to blunt Dangerfield last week. Didn't work. Danger was BOG anyway.

Hoyney has been talking about how well we were doing in many aspects of the game from way back at round 7.

He’s been pulling the stats out all year on the Hawks, I found it hard to fully buy what he was saying for a long time . He knows !

History is unfolding before our very eyes.
The stat he raised back in round 7 was a big eye opener. number 1 by far for ground balls which was at a level matched only by sides like Essendon 2000 and Geelong 2007.

Listening to Sammy's presser, talking about Frosty's replacement being someone who's shown good form in the VFL for a long time, says Serong to me, slightly more than Phillips.

I could be completely wrong of course.....
I can't see us bringing in a bloke we are about to delist purely because he's 3 cm taller than a player who's been in form all year. Reading through the Box Hill match reports, you will see multiple instances of Littlejohn praising Serong's defensive ability (including playing deep defender, which no one here thinks he does).

“Jai Serong was arguably, along with Seamus, our best defender on the day. His offence has gone to a new level and he’s just really reliable now in his role. We had to slide him across to Shannon Neale who has played some AFL and Jai gave away a lot of height and size in that contest but he got the job done well and really helped take Neale out of the game which is full credit to him.”

"He played a mixture of roles, deep defender and high defender for most of the day. He was just reliable in his performance. But he did have some moments I’m sure he would like again, along with some moments that were really solid. And without him, arguably they would have scored a lot more."

“Jai was arguably the best player on the ground even though we lost. He stood up really strong… and had some really crucial one-on-one wins as a defender. Jai really held us up along with Ethan Phillips.”

“Jai did a great job, played on Callum Brown who has a bit of AFL experience and is quite a dangerous forward if you don’t respect him and Jai did a great job in that space, was able to nullify him but still find a bit of the footy himself and be a real general in our back end.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back