Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Port's forwards don't mark the ball and Horne Francis doesn't go nuts, our defenders will walk the ball from D50 to F50.

The dogs have some of the most dangerous mobile talls in the league and our boys found a way with no time and space.

Contested marking is a weapon, but it's very rare that it can win you a game of footy these days. Has to be one tool of many. Usually it can swing a quarter and break some momentum, but not much more than that.

Legitimately, my biggest worry with their talls is that Dixon gives up on playing and commits some kind of criminal assault.

Apparently Serong has been confirmed as in.
Probably the better player but not convinced it's the right choice considering the opposition.
If their talls get a hold of us early, I'd be worried
I think it’s the wrong call, but I suspect Mitchell knows the situation slightly better than I do.
Regardless bring on Friday, hope serong seriously announces himself.

Love the Serong decision, I think his selection will prove to be a wise choice.

This is your moment young Jai, take it with both hands and show everyone the growth you've had in your game this season.
If he seizes his opportunity in a similar manner to which Wardy did last week, things are looking pretty good.

yep - pick the best player, in the best form....jai has earned it, now take it with both hands fella, there is glory to be had!

if we are going to win, it will be through limiting their entries to our d50,....thats how we have won all year....
if we can't stop the entries.., then we will lose, no matter who is picked

can't wait to see strong streaming out of defence!!

I advocated Phillips for structural reasons but Serong has earned this opportunity. He’s consistently a force at VFL level with his good defensive craft and ability to link in transition. Will fit in with our run and carry game nicely.

I don’t expect him to play deepest though which does beg the question of who does. It’s a big ask of Weddle or Scrimshaw.

Apparently Serong has been confirmed as in.
Probably the better player but not convinced it's the right choice considering the opposition.
If their talls get a hold of us early, I'd be worried

Watch our emergencies in case port scrap the magnets and start again

Dear and Gunston seen in defence a couple of times last week too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wiki has him at 192 and 80, not sure how accurate this is of course (please confirm or deny if you know better), but this is the biggest concern. Depending on his intended role…

Wiki has him at 192 and 80, not sure how accurate this is of course (please confirm or deny if you know better), but this is the biggest concern. Depending on his intended role…
Listed at 193cm on the Hawks Website. Not sure about weight, but would be certain he's heavier than 80kgs!

For everyone worried that the squad may be as outrageously overconfident as us wizard hat wearing morons, listen to Sammy’s press conference. The middle three or four minutes. These boys will be ready to rumble. They know the job in front of them.

Mitch saying all the right things. He verbalises perfectly exactly what I feel about us taking Port very very seriously. The home ground advantage. Their form before last weekend. Their dangerous A grade talent. We can win this game if we play our best but make no mistake it will take our best. Come on boys!

Can anyone recommend a Hawk friendly pub in Adelaide for pre-game beers?

Not sure how Hawk friendly it is, but during Gather Round I had lunch at the Exerter Hotel. It's about an 18 minute walk to Adelaide Oval, but it's a nice old school pub with the full range of Coopers on tap.

I could imagine the Friday arvo vibes would be pretty high leading into a huge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back