Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder what the odds would've been at the start of the season that Jai Serong would be playing in a semi final over Caleb Serong. What a crazy a** season it's been eh 😂

Release the Serong news on Wednesday just to pressure Port to pick 4 talls to try and stretch us

If they go with 4 talls or even 3 that include Dixon, they shooting themselves in the foot. Cant allow us to run out of HB with speed

Yeah we've basically been undersized all year and the only key forwards that have "dominated" us post round 8 are Cameron (who isn't a traditional tall) and Hogan (the Coleman winner).

They need a way to stop our run and rebound and four talls is not it. Adelaide tried it, and the moment our midfield gained ascendancy they were powerless to stop our game style.

It may give them an advantage in a few contests but will ultimately hurt them.

My thought on this is what if Phillips isn’t working well on Friday night? Then they’ll need to shift Scrimmers or Sicily into that full back role. If they do that, then what does Phillips do? If they go with Serong, however, then both Scrimmers and Sicily can share that full back role while Serong can play his best position all game regardless.

So, yeah, I reckon Phillips is the heavy favourite to get picked, but I can see a reasonable argument for Serong as well. I wonder if they’ll play around with options this week and then decide or if they’ll decide now and work all week to get things settled.

Perhaps you already know. ;)

I’ll indulge my inner Ginni and say ITYS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing love the confidence from the club to play the straight bat, no silly game of chicken. Straight to business.

Days out, Mackenzie not fit, Serong replaces Frost.
absolutely this - was just writing the same thing......it exudes confidence and faith in our list, no smoke and mirrors, just HOK

Port are the worst in the comp at ground ball. They will need to fire in the midfield & their pressure will need to be on all night. I think Chol needs be get dangerous as well as it shouldnt fall to to much on the young guys again.

Drew will try to cool Newk & one of their little tippies will get Sicily.

Mitch has said a few times the best coaching he has come up against were the port game. Ports strategists are decent.

expecting Port to give it a shake but Hokball forever.

Gee with Frosty getting replaced with Serong, there is not a single weak kicking link in the back 50. Will ping around at breakneck speed. Port might actually trya forwardline consisting of more smalls than talls. I'd have a small wager on this than them playing 4 talls.

****ing love the confidence from the club to play the straight bat, no silly game of chicken. Straight to business.

Days out, Mackenzie not fit, Serong replaces Frost.
Not allowed to be confident. Confidence, bad.

Not sure how Hawk friendly it is, but during Gather Round I had lunch at the Exerter Hotel. It's about an 18 minute walk to Adelaide Oval, but it's a nice old school pub with the full range of Coopers on tap.

I could imagine the Friday arvo vibes would be pretty high leading into a huge game.
how good is Coopers on tap! My fav thing about Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back