Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mole GIF

All in good fun of course.

Congrats on the call up Jai, definitely the most deserving and I'm sure he'll perform the role that he is being asked of him.

The overconfidence bothers me a little, because I can distinctly remember two previous times it happened on this board (vs Essendon in 2022 and Geelong this season) and how silly some people looked.

This team is humming in such a different way that it's almost hard NOT to be super confident.

However, we're missing Day and Frost. Playing the team who finished second with plenty to prove. And we'll be kn enemy territory.
I'm content sitting quietly and just watching how it unfolds.

Hoping like hell the boys continue on their merry way and march into a prelim but it isn't going to be easy!

Look I kind of agree with what you're saying but the thoughts of nuffie fans sitting on Bigfooty and the thoughts of our players are completely different. Watch Mitchell's presser from today. Just enjoy it.

I know I’m getting a bit ahead of myself here. However, hypothetically if we were to win it all there would definitely be tears of happiness but there would also be many tears of sadness for Frosty.

As you mentioned he’s played in bottom sides his whole career and just had a career best season.

But most importantly, he’s all heart and soul and just a genuinely good person. I would be absolutely gutted for him because he deserves success.

We don't play finals if Frost didn't play this year. Highest time on ground too.

I don't really give a shit about channel 7's tradition from the 70's, of only awarding premiership medallions to the Grand Final participants, for me if Hawthorn win the flag, Frost is a premiership player.

Got to be very careful Hawkas, emperor Palpatine will be using every mind trick in the book to get he's team up just for one more week, so it looks good on paper that he didn't go out in straight sets and can sneakily step down from he's role, only to trick the next poor team that takes him in...

A part from the fact they were both most recently playing fullback there is not a lot of similarities between Frost and Phillips. Serong more similar in terms of flexibility, playing tall/small and pace to switch.
Hopefully he really relishes not only playing but being an important cog.
I feel like Ward was well supported by Worps last week (in his ear often around the stoppage) expect Sicily will pump Serong up similiarly.
Feels like a prelim, regardless of result I hope he team leaves it all out there.

Also in terms of form trend:
Screenshot_20240911-161445.png Screenshot_20240908-163023.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the hawks hire additional security for an Adelaide oval final? It might get ugly 😂 serong with 25 in another mighty display of emergence!

We don't play finals if Frost didn't play this year. Highest time on ground too.

I don't really give a shit about channel 7's tradition from the 70's, of only awarding premiership medallions to the Grand Final participants, for me if Hawthorn win the flag, Frost is a premiership player.

I've thought for a long time that the club should get a small number of extra medals to give out at its discretion. I don't agree with one and done players getting a medal (e.g. Philips) but we all know squads win flags so having an extra 3-5 medals would allow rewarding of people who got you there.

Clubs could even nominate people before the game in the event they win and they could get the medal as well.

Imagine if we win this year and Day and Frost aren't there. I could also make a case for Frenchie and CJ as being equally important at times. I'm not sure if they would love a medal having not played but I sure reckon they would appreciate it and feel more a part of future reunions.

The fact that every single (11/11 literally 100%) of clubs that got thumped in their QF in the past 25yrs have turned it around and won its SF the following week is meaningless? To me that’s not meaningless. To me it says that teams that get pantsed in that first week without exception get a reality check and come out the next week breathing fire.
I think it means their value in plonking cash on port - I didn’t get to go to the game last week or this week so maybe bet what the tickets would have cost? (If in a financial position to do that responsibiy)

This should put to bed any speculation about Serong looking for other opportunities elsewhere in 2025 also. The kid is about to be named as a pillar of defence for his club in a knock out final with everything on the line. Hopefully he plays a blinder and gives the selection committee some headaches for what will be the most stacked back line in the comp in 2025.

A part from the fact they were both most recently playing fullback there is not a lot of similarities between Frost and Phillips. Serong more similar in terms of flexibility, playing tall/small and pace to switch.
Hopefully he really relishes not only playing but being an important cog.
I feel like Ward was well supported by Worps last week (in his ear often around the stoppage) expect Sicily will pump Serong up similiarly.
Feels like a prelim, regardless of result I hope he team leaves it all out there.

Also in terms of form trend:
View attachment 2107803View attachment 2107802
Now do Ethan Phillips ;)

I am curious as to how we will structure in defense.

Will Serong slot into Frosty’s role and take their deepest forward? Or we will rotate more and see Scrim and Weddle playing deeper than they have been recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back