Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense when you see the contact that he took before he went down, it didn't look like localised impact, more like overall soreness.

My wife contracted shingles and was initially misdiagnosed with some structural issue in her hip (where the shingles were really giving her hell). It took maybe two weeks of dinking around before doctors realised it was shingles. She never blistered and only had the smallest rash, but the pain was huge. Maybe Butters is similar.

Just jumped on the Port board to get a consensus read on how their supporters are feeling leading into tomorrows game and Holy Heck, THEY ARE BRUTAL.

Absolutely tearing shreds off their own, mainly Hinkley and Dixon but damn they really don't hold back. I'm glad no one here treats our players/staff like that - no matter their performance they are all going out their trying their best.

Would you say they are .... torn apart?

never tear us apart GIF by INXS

I've had shingles and it's a horrible thing to have. Worst pain I've experienced and you feel like shit. The last thing you want to do is get off your couch let alone run around on a footy field.
If Butters had it last week he shouldn't of even played.

then should the Hawks not raise this risk with AFL, we don't want this shit prior to our next 2 games
Hawks were made aware 24 hours ago.

That would be a great result for us if Port play tall. Let them load up with as much tall timber they can muster.
Worked well for Adelaide when they tried it over there

Absolutely no way that a bloke with shingles (if in contagious phase) should be playing. This is like Covid during the 20-21 period for mine.

Would be absolute hell to pay if we won and a Hawthorn player was forced to miss next week or the week after because of it.
Or a Geelong player caught it last week. Probably lucky they got nowhere near any Geelong players last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking to a lifelong GP about this rumour he says he would be enormously suprised if it was shingles, as he’s never seen anyone sub 50 with it. Scoffed at the idea of a 25 year old with it.
My mum got it at 35. Took her 2-3 years to 'recover'. Was bedridden for about 6m or so, then every time she started to get stronger and more active it just kept coming back. (She does have other underlying conditions however which may have contributed to the time to recover).

Speaking to a lifelong GP about this rumour he says he would be enormously suprised if it was shingles, as he’s never seen anyone sub 50 with it. Scoffed at the idea of a 25 year old with it.

There are always exception to things though. I developed cataracts in both eyes in my early 30’s. The ophthalmologist told me that I was the second youngest person he had ever seen with them and that typically they didn’t present until people were in the 60’s with the average age being 65 🤷‍♂️

They’ve also run with another story that he was feeling anxiety and that was why he couldn’t breathe.
Who knows what the truth is.
I've seen a few younger patients with it but is more common in older folks. Best avoided at any age.

There are always exception to things though. I developed cataracts in both eyes in my early 30’s. The ophthalmologist told me that I was the second youngest person he had ever seen with them and that typically they didn’t present until people were in the 60’s with the average age being 65 🤷‍♂️
Yeah for sure, I thought it was worth posting as it’s a rumour that seems somewhat medically unlikely, although clearly not impossible from the responses here.

I had an ex girlfriend who got it when we were both 23.

Was on her shoulder/neck. Completely visible, and scaley looking.

Caused her a fair bit of pain.

Thankfully didn't last much longer than a week.

This was diagnosed by a doctor at the time, so one of the doctors in our stories isn't correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back