Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a stunning ground - itching to get back there. Jealous of the Hawks attendees tomorrow night.

It's a great ground but walking out of the oval today I commented to the person I was with that I really can't cop people (mostly SA people) claiming it's better than the G! I guess not everyone can see their team play a final at the G with 70k of the 98k there barracking for your team though..

Only 4 more years till I am eligible for the shingles vaccination ……… yet another perk of getting as old as dirt.
I went to get it earlier this year……

2 shots at $510 each (you have to pay)

I’d rather get shingles

Yeah, I think they know they can't match us in ground balls so they're probably hoping that if everything goes to plan for them and they can dominate the centre clearance they can expose a weakness and get some close to goal I50 marks. It's pretty ballsy because as we know our rebound game is awesome and our midfield is better than most they've played for a while. Their midfield will be roaring to go, Drew will go to Nuke, we need to have a big game in the guts.

4 tall forwards who average less than 2 tackles a game is suicide. Do they think they'll win every clearance?

Yes, they probably do. Probably think they’ll have a 10 goal first quarter as well after they beat us up physically….and we’ll just submit to them… and all will be well again. That’s Ken’s dream to saving his job. After listening to his press conference today. He sounded like he was going to cry when asked if he would keep his job if the Hawks won.
He knows what’s coming.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port gone with the 4 tall forwards. Surely they move Rat to the backline
Not when we go with 2.5 key forwards ourselves.

Playing Allir on…Chol?
Would mean Esava is on Gunston
Zerk Thatcher on Dear

Too big and cumbersome IMHO

Both ends potentially.

We are backing our agility and speed. If Esava stays forward, I see the match ups as:

Dixon - Sicily
Esava - Weddle
Georgiadis - Serong
Marshall - Scrimshaw

I'm sure the Port plan is to do what Richmond did to us in that second half recently (Geelong also), which is to slow the play right down, create congestion and kick it high and long down the line - with the aim to dominate the air and stifle our run.

The positive news for the good guys is we eventually figured out how to beat this against the Tigers.

Only 3 years until I can crap in an envelope and legally send it to the government - can’t wait!
Its one of the real joys of life Ned. Also one of my friends did it and they found and removed 4 polyps on his colon before it turned to cancer. Win win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid team even without the injured Day & Frosr.

A hot night coming up for the Hawks I predict with Port Adelaide to suffer Power failure.

Big start early and then keep the pressure on.

Attachments

• IMG_7083.jpeg
    IMG_7083.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 57
I'm sure the Port plan is to do what Richmond did to us in that second half recently (Geelong also), which is to slow the play right down, create congestion and kick it high and long down the line - with the aim to dominate the air and stifle our run.

The positive news for the good guys is we eventually figured out how to beat this against the Tigers.
I’m fairly certain that is exactly what the bulldogs game plan was against us last week.

If they send Drew to Nuke.

Who are we sending Nash to?
Does anyone know if Nash likes ribs? I could his hands getting stuck into some juicy tender ribs. Yep I could see him just smashing ribs by the plateful.

Only 3 years until I can crap in an envelope and legally send it to the government - can’t wait!
I've been doing that for a few years. Let me tell you it's overrated.

Does anyone know if Nash likes ribs? I could his hands getting stuck into some juicy tender ribs. Yep I could see him just smashing ribs by the plateful.
He does like them, with many different types of spices, and particularly with different butters. Unsalted, salted he doesn't care.

Shingles (it manifests as a rash) is often located around the midriff area. If he has it there there then getting whacked there would be incredibly painful in the moment and for awhile afterwards but not long lasting like the pain from broken ribs is. However any time he got whacked there again (until the shingles cleared up) it would hurt again if that makes sense.
I've had it twice once at 28 and then at 40. It is a result of having had Chicken Pox. It resides in the end of nerve cells and can be triggered by being run down or really stressed. I had it the first time after a big car crash and the second time after my mum passed away and then my younger sister a couple of months later. It is a rash that when it starts looks like an emerging pimple. If you are younger, it is mostly along the nerve bands around the chest but can be in other places. If you get it on the front of your chest it will appear on your back directly behind it. You can get it on your face and in your eye. It only affects one side of your body. It is contagious but, not like measles where you can catch it just by being in the vicinity of someone with measles. You can get infected in the early stage by touching the wet blisters, once they dry you are OK. The blisters themselves are moderately painful for about a week. Then nothing painful to the touch. The main pain was over the next 5-15 years. I just comes and goes randomly. You will recognise that pain once you've had it, even years later. If you recognise what's happening and get anti-viral injection within 3 days it will go away in a couple of days. I can describe the pain as being something like a toothache twing, but centred in your back or chest directly under your old rash. If Butters has had an antii-viral in the last couple of days, he should be OK. On a plus note if you've had a chicken pox vaccine you won't get shingles. If you are over 50 you should get vaccinated against getting it, because older people tend to get it on their face and eye.

Georgiades is their best forward, reckon Sicily will want to take him.

Serong - Marshall
Scrimshaw - Dixon
Weddle - Esava

Serong on Marshall - in form VFL star against an out of form and fitness Marshall

Weddle on Dixon - Dixon can barely jump so Weddle will have him well covered in the air and will be able to run off him all day.

Scrimshaw on Georgiades - Scrim best placed to take their most dangerous forward in the air.

Sicily on Esava - Their weakest forward who is awful at reading the ball in flight. Sic will have a field day.

Solid team even without the injured Day & Frosr.

A hot night coming up for the Hawks I predict with Port Adelaide to suffer Power failure.

Big start early and then keep the pressure on.
Our depth is building to the point we can almost say 'lose a soldier, replace him with another'

Even if they do that will leave them with BZT, Rat and Allir. With their three main rebounders out it would leave them too immobile for our smalls. Feel like they’ve backed themselves into a corner.
Allir and BZT aren't overly tall as key defenders either. Allir 194 and BZT 195. They will play Bergmann as a 3rd tall probably on Dear. Gunner does the defensive role on Allir and they will have problems of their own down there. There small defender brigade is extremely weak. We could tear them apart with any fast transition throughout the match. If we had Lewis down there we would be stretching them for height as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back